User Reviews for Depakote ER

Learn more about Depakote ER.

Depakote ER Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Mania.

Reviews for Depakote ER to treat Mania

"Depakote has really helped to get me out of the fog of mania. By the same token, so has lithium. I have found, though, that taking both together (by a doctor's suggestion) keeps the number of episodes pretty low. I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes when I get manic, I spiral out of control and actually experience psychosis ( which is terrible). Good medicine though...better with other medicines."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2012

"I have been taking Depakote ER for about 9 months. I have found it helpful for the mania. The bad side effect is that I gained about 30pounds."

Lilraidermom September 8, 2009

"Great medicine, it's the only one that stops the agitation that comes with being too manic for too long. It keeps me from crashing after mania because the mania never peeks. I would have given it a 10, but sometimes a little coffee can make me get manic even though I have taken the medicine."

popeye1167 August 19, 2008