User Reviews for Dicyclomine

Also known as: Bemote, Bentyl, Bentyl Syrup, Byclomine, Di-Spaz, Dibent, Dicyclocot, Dilomine

Learn more about Dicyclomine.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 88 reviews 137 medications

8.2
Colitis 6 reviews 2 medications

5.4
Summary of Dicyclomine reviews 94 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Dicyclomine

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took this without ill effect for several years, then suddenly it became a bad migraine trigger, the blurry vision became untolerable, do had to stop."

fracnes April 17, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I actually call these my magic belly pills. I was given the bentyl for IBS-C. BEST THING to happen to my chronic stomach pains. I do get a sedated type of feel from it, but it's completely worth it and its not as sedating as Benadryl is for me, so it's not bad at all. I only take it as needed, but sometimes it's needed around the clock for a few days in a row. It also works better than anything I've tried for menstrual cramps too. This has been a life saver for me. Even though its prescribed for IBS with diarrhea, it relaxes my muscles so that I am able to go. Amazing drug and I would recommend it to anyone suffering with stomach pains."

Amangi06 (taken for 10 years or more) March 14, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I get horrible cramping in my lower abdomen and my GI suspects I have IBS so she prescribed this to me to take as needed up to twice a day. This is the only stuff that works for me in all honesty. I have tried everything else and this has worked like a charm every time I have needed it."

Ayden P. March 13, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Vivid nightmares vivid daytime hallucinations usually concerning my spouse and other women"

Janey Liggett (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I am a male, 66 years old. Suffering from IBS/SIBO for 20 plus years. Check out SIBO on google. Side effects for this medicine give me extreme headaches. I have started using my old standby Peppermint Plus with no LSD affects. I also take peppermint tea with ginger powder."

King of IBS (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've had IBS for 6 years this is the only medication that has worked for me the only thing is it makes me drowsy but I also take 2 pills a day"

LlamaMama (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Started with a low dose at 10 mg to avoid drowsiness. This was the only option for me after fighting IBS for over 15 years. Works on your first day right away. The only side effect is a little blury vision. I take one dose right before dinner time. The pill regulates the bowel movements like clock work. This pill also helped me with my sleep issues."

badgut February 11, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I'm on my second script. I still have gastritis so I'm not taking it anymore."

DLPorter January 10, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "IBS-D for about 10 yrs. bentyl is the only drug that will help for me ! Within 10 mins of taking! Every time!"

#wonderdrug (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Not sure I'd the Bentyl is working or not! I have lots of upper stomach pain along with right side pain and in the last 24 hrs dull green mucus diarrhea! I had to scans, one with dye but both came back neg! The bentyl seems to calm down the upper stomach pain but I'm now having this mucus issue????"

Tova (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I take bentyl for IBS and diverticulitis. It works great. Usually starts to work within about half an hour. Side effects for me is drowsiness and blurred vision but I will deal with that in order to reduce pain from IBS/diverticulitis. I would highly recommend it but start it at home or when you have time to sleep off the drowsiness until you get use to it."

Kim76 December 22, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Was great for first day or so but then struck by horrible side effects. Cramps in my legs so bad I could hardly walk and literally didn't get a wink of sleep at night due to the pain and restless legs. Blurred vision and very bad nausea also. Would advise a low dose at first to see how it goes but beware of side effects."

JoePublic (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medication at first can have some strong, sedating side effects, but as long as you hang in there they will diminish. This medication has really helped my life. And I know it will help many others, from the cramping, the constant back and forth to the bathroom, not being able to eat, or eat to much, it just makes you normal again. It took me about 2 weeks to start seeing changes again but you will feel the effects right away. Just stay with it people."

NW49ERSFAN1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I just got diagnosed with IBS and was given Bentyl to get rid of the worse cramping pains I ever had. It worked great but caused severe panic attack. Had to switch"

Doana (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have know been on Dicyclomine (Bentyl) for 3 weeks now and it has its pros and cons. It definitely takes my stomach pains away, even without my pain medication if I don't have them on me. And most of the time it gives me a relaxing feeling as well. But the only down side is the couple side effects is sometimes it will make my nausea worse, so at times I will have to double up on my nausea medication and there has been a couple times were it made my anxiety worse. But I'm hoping these symptoms will fully go away the more my body gets used to it. I was on Librax but the stomach medication in Librax didn't work for me, just the anxiety part of the medication in librax helped, so there was no point in taking it. Thanks Bentyl!"

NW49ERSFAN1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took 1 tablet and within 5 minutes had the calmest bowel in years with very digestive discomfort at all. Only been taking it for 2 days and still trying to find my best dosage and times to the medicine but I feel better than I have in a long,long time. I'm in the UK and have IBS D and had to research the drug before asking my GP to prescribe it. Give it a go and it might help you a lot too."

Lenin66 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "It stopped the stomach pain and diarhea but it gave me constipation really bad."

yellow Taffy November 10, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have battled IBS for years, have been several doctors with no luck. About a year ago I had horrible stomach/abdominal pains and diarrhea and ended up in the E.R. the doctor gave me Bentyl and Zofran. Within half an hour the cramps disappeared and I was able to relax. When I followed up with my primary doc he put me on a normal daily dose of bentyl and it works great for me. I now only take it as needed and the only complaint I have is that it definitely blurs my vision but it keeps me functioning and works pretty quickly when needed."

Anonymous November 8, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Years I have had IBS. I hate it. So embarrassing. Bently helped so much. No more cramps. No more pain. No more running to the bathroom or missing time at work. The dry mouth is terrible but it's better than almost pooping my pants so I will put up with it."

IBS bullet. November 4, 2015

For : "The medicine worked fine with my Acid Reflux. Side Effects from medication was blister on outside vaginal area (burning and itching). I tried not taking for a couple of days. Took again; same effect. Very uncomfortable!"

Diane Poindexter (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I do take Bentyl on occasion for IBS but wondering if anyone with the Eustachian Tube problem is seeing any relief with Bentyl. My ears are driving me crazy. I did have a huge weight loss several years ago and my NET seems to think this created my ear problem. Weight gain seems to be my only option at this point but I am comfortable at my current weight. Anybody else having the echo/roaring problem???"

KatahKid October 31, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "this medicine works great, but it makes me feel high and stoned."

cammdoet October 22, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "finally, one doctor diagnosed me with irritable bowel syndrome and prescribed me bentyl (dicyclomine) 10mg. now when i have an attack i take one of these and within 30 minutes and a heating pad on my stomach, the pain goes from a 10 down to about a 1. the only downside is that it makes me feel stoned and high like a smoked about 5 joints, i feel very confused and very tired. but all in all it works very good for the pain"

jibbers October 22, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I asked my Dr. about Bentyl and she gave me a script for it. I've had chronic pain for almost 3 years, lots of testing, but no real diagnosis. Took 2 (10mg) 3x a day, didn't help, added 2 more at the end of the day and feel relief. Anyone else out there have my weird symptom of colon, intestinal pain right after a bowel movement, and lasting all day? I got fired 2.5 years ago because I was always out sick. I am very happy this medicine seems to be working. Anyone else have anything that works on intestinal pain?"

Shadows mommy September 7, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had trouble with cramping in my stomach and having the urge to use the restroom 5 times a day sometimes diarrhea and sometimes nothing . It was getting to the point where when I would lay down at night, my stomach would start cramping. I eventually had gotten under the grips of anxiety I figured I was WAY too young to have all these complications (I am 19 yrs. old.) so I went to the doctor and told him about my anxiety, stomach cramps, etc. He prescribed me Zoloft and Ativan. They didn't help at all and I finally hit rock bottom. I went back to the doctor and he prescribed me Bentyl. This drug is a miracle. I finally feel like I can live and breathe again! I don't have the worries like I had before. THANK YOU BENTYL!!!!!"

JayW218 September 4, 2015