User Reviews for Dicyclomine

Also known as: Bemote, Bentyl, Bentyl Syrup, Byclomine, Di-Spaz, Dibent, Dicyclocot, Dilomine

Learn more about Dicyclomine.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 62 reviews 130 medications

8.3
Colitis 6 reviews 2 medications

5.4
Summary of Dicyclomine reviews 68 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Dicyclomine

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This is my 2nd bout with DIverticulitis (I also have IBS), it works like a charm but I have to mention the first time I took it- I noticed sleepiness. This time, however, I noticed severe agitation and insomnia after 7 days of taking it steady."

Sunny1649 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Great at first until you have to take as therapy for years. I have Headaches, confusion, memory loss, Mania, loss of sleep, I already have Anxiety disorders, This stuff can facilitate Glaucoma, Alzheimers. Blurrs vision from the start! Terrible no integrated health care so docs can learn to see the whole patient and avoid severe disruption of life. I'd rather nurse the severe trouble of advanced diverticular disease, IBS, Fructose malabsorbtion, Hiatus hernia type2, GERD, LPRD. I would rather not be blind and loose what is left of my mind. Terrible medication in the long run. Patients should be educated, better monitored for complications for all medical issues."

Margie1957 June 26, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Every couple of months, I get an upset stomach due to stress. I get a crampy stomach, full stomach sensation and irregular stools. Bentyl is gentle and just calms everything down. You don't really notice it working. The symptoms just fade off. I would say it is not helpful for nausea. In that case, I find that old liquid Pepto Bismol is the most effective."

Ken0808 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "IBS in south america. The little pink pill. Sertal Compuesto (Propinox clorhidrato, Clonixinato de lisina) I'm 65 and a veteran. I've had this condition for 20 years at least. When I visited Ecuador a few years ago I had an attack that put me on the floor (again). It wasn't food or the water! I'm a big boy and I know the difference. I had to return to the apartment and cry and roll around like a baby. The woman I was with went to the pharmacy and got a syringe and some Sertal Compuesto. 10 mins after the injection the IBS was gone. No pain. I stopped crying due to the pain and began crying because I was so happy. It also comes in a pink pill that takes about 30 mins to work. I had attacks every 6 months. I changed the diet lost weight etc. Nothing worked. Sertal Compuesto works. The FDA won't allow it into the USA for sales. Must be purchased elsewhere. I now live in Ecuador. I keep both pills and injection on hand."

bob2v2 May 9, 2015

For Colitis: "This stuff is really a Miracle Pill. It works fast relieving my cramps within 10 to 15 minutes! I can drink coffee again! The only problem I have with it is the headache I get afterwards. It makes me drowsy, but for the most part, I can still function."

Eliza08Beth19 April 28, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have suffered from SEVERE intestinal cramping since middle school. As I got older the cramping got worse. My weight fluctuates because I sometimes would go full days without eating out of fear of getting an attack while I was out an event or with friends. It was just totally humiliating and gave me terrible anxiety. Now, I am a teacher, have been for 5 years. Suffering at work is the absolute worst because it reflects on my performance and is just totally humiliating and uncomfortable. This year was the worst and i would have attacks on the way to work. I missed a lot of work so went to a new doctor. He gave me dicyclomine. I take it as needed and calms the cramping within 20-30 min. Miracle pill. Also cut pork, corn, and beef from foods."

IBS, severe cramping (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2015

For Colitis: "I'm 28 problem started when I was about 22yr. old. I took dicyclomine for about a week for my Colon. After 3rd MRI spent 2.5 days in hospital. Only for them to tell me we don't know what is wrong with you here try these pills. They sent me home I had to crawl on my hands and knees vomiting along the way from hospital exit to my car. The pills (20mg) helped after about 3rd day then they seemed to make it hurt. Now I only take it when I can feel my colon starting to hurt it seems to work good that way. I'm still taking it."

oldeee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2015

For Colitis: "I have just started taking this medication. I am on my 3rd pill right now. I get every one of the side effects with no real relief from the pain. It does help me sleep at night through the pain instead of waking up every 10 minutes I wake up every 1 or 2 hours."

tntreyes199687624162 February 16, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've been on bentyl for a little over a month now. At first it was great, helped with the painful attacks I was having. Now I'm so dizzy from it that I can't function even as a stay at home mom. I can't drive to my Dr appt and all I do is sit at home in a daze."

mom of 14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Suffering from cramping, diarrhea, and spasms for over a month and within 10 mins of taking the 10mg pill I feel much better. I can actually walk around and not worry about having to be near the bathroom 24/7. Has not completely stopped spasms but has helped tremendously. The cramps have stopped! I would recommend anyone trying this out for irritable bowel syndrome/inflammatory bowel disease cramping relief. Female, IBD, 25yrs old."

Ibs/ibd sucks TGFBentyl (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've been dealing with Irritable Bowel Syndrome for about 7 or 8 years now, with the severity increasing greatly about three years ago. I lost my job after a year because I missed so many days due to flare-ups where I couldn't move. My flare-ups got so bad that I was vomiting blood from the pain, and on more than one occasion, had to go to the ER for morphine simply to take the edge off the pain after hours of throwing up blood. Bentyl is the only medicine to this day to help in any way, shape, or form. I started out taking one pill during flare-ups which would help in about 15 minutes. Now, depending on the severity of my flare up, I take two to three pills & it takes about 30-45 minutes to become effective. "

PDTNKA November 23, 2014

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Took away none of the spasms, but I did have all of the side effects; dizzy, tired and headaches."

ClaireBee (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2014

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been dealing with stomach issues for 7 years. Doctors thought it was my gallbladder, so it was removed and the symptoms intensified. I was finally diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome and my doctor prescribed me dicyclomine. After 2 days, my symptoms are GONE!! I haven't had a single episode of diarrhea, and before I had it 4-6 times a day, sometimes more. Bloating, cramping, nausea, all gone. I haven't changed my diet in those two days at all and it is doing its job wonderfully!"

Meggers (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2014

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Works great only down side makes me pass out"

Anonymous October 8, 2014

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took 10 mg of Bentyl, even though my doc said to take 20mg. Yes, it took care of the abdominal cramps, but I got a bad headache, dry mouth and eyes, & dizziness. I also got pain in my thigh and tingling in the same leg where I have nerve issues because of a herniated disc. This also caused neck pain where I have nerve issues as I took only 5 mg 20 hrs later when I could feel the cramping coming back. The side effects were there, but to a lesser degree. The most disturbing side effect was my heart rate dropped to 45; it's usually in the low 60's, and blood pressure went up. Not sure I can continue on this medication, perhaps only when I feel cramping coming on and no more than 5 mg."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2014

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Amazing! I have been sick with Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Diarrhea for 5 years. Because of this I have been a stay at home mom those 5 years because I couldn't hold a job with my stomach issues. I have tried 4 different probiotics, Activia yogurt, pepper net extract pills, ginger pills, aloe juice and aloe pills. None have worked as effectively as this miracle pill after 2 days. I feel like a person again and not a toilet seat cover. I can now go to work because my kids are in school part time and I am not running to the bathroom. I have not experienced these side effects, only a little bloating. But I was always bloated anyway. I only hope this medicine has staying power and my body doesn't become used to it."

No longer stay at home mom (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Worked perfectly in the diarrhea stage, without causing constipation. Dosage was 10 mg 4 times a day (before meals and one at bedtime)."

DenDenDen August 15, 2014

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have dealt with severe flare ups from Irritable Bowel Syndrome for almost 3 years and the combination of Bentyl, Donnatal and when very bad, Lomotil, work together like a charm. Donnatal is my go-to medicine, but Bentyl does what it is suppose to do which is to help with the cramping and pain associated with flare ups. ZERO side effects at 40-60mg a day. Good medicine."

ehh80 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've dealt with severe irritable bowel syndrome problems since about 14, and the older I got, the worse it got. Nothing really helped until Bentyl. The only medicine that has ever helped me this far. It works within half an hour. The one downside is I can only take it outside of work because I feel "high" within ten minutes, every time."

Dnicack93 April 10, 2014

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was having trouble with bad cramps and loose stools daily for two months, going to the doctors weekly with no answers. Finally I went to a gi doctor who prescribed dicyclomine. This medicine has worked wonders. Its been two days and I no longer have to be worried about having loose stools every time I eat. I do monitor what I eat no spicy foods or soda and very little dairy. I'm taking 10mg 3 times daily. No side effects as of yet. I am glad it's working so well for me."

faith2015 April 6, 2014

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I had horrible stomach pain before during and after bowel movements for 3 years before I saw a GI doctor and was diagnosed with colitis (not ulcerative). The GI doc prescribed me these after she saw spasms during my colonoscopy. They definitely help take the edge off. I use them a lot to nip the problems in the bud, so to speak. Once in a while though my symptoms are too severe for this medicine to work. But 90% of the time, this saves me a lot of discomfort."

annonymous1989 March 13, 2014

For Colitis: "This medication didn't work for me and it gave me some pretty bothersome side effects. I was only taking one 20 mg pill a day for a couple weeks. It made me very loopy and tired. The side effects I had were several severe hot flashes per day. Night sweats. Chest pain that would last a couple hours until I would randomly belch and it would instantly disappear. Stopped taking it and all side effects disappeared. I will never take that pill again."

Sherylro January 10, 2014

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Doctors are not sure what is wrong with me. My symptoms activate during the night, around 2 to 4am the pain in stomach sometimes boating and other times a burning sensation that feels Bentyl. I have had this medicine sitting on my coffee table for 3 days without taking it because I hate taking pills and I was waiting for another attack. Doc wanted me to take them 3 times a day. This morning at 6am I was having the pain. The pain in my back is 10 times worse then my stomach. So I took one Bentyl and within 10 mins the pain is gone. This was my first pill that I have taken that actually took the pain away. I have an attack about 3 days a week."

gorra92 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2013

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had IBS for about 18 years. Symptoms of bloating, swollen stomach, looking like I'm 6 mos pregnant, severe cramps, very loose bowels. Symptoms lasting weeks making me home bound and in bed. Eating crackers and drinking juice. I have went to a number of doctors. Finally my gastrollgist prescribing Bentyl. I was taking it 3 times daily then 2 times daily. Because of making me tired, I now only take it when I have flare ups. I try to take it at night when possible. This medicine has really helped me. I highly suggest it."

belly hurting October 24, 2013

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, was going to the bathroom 10x times a day. Was prescribed this two weeks ago. Take 3x times a day. So far pill works great down to 2x times a day and my stomach looks smaller since I was always bloated. Only side effect I've noticed is it makes me tired during the day."

Anonymous October 7, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next