Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Flector Patch

Learn more about Flector Patch.

Flector Patch review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1852 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Flector Patch to treat Pain

Review by Corymia1031:

I received a sample of this from my ortho hand surgeon. He said it should help while I wait for my EMG test. He wasn't lying. I have several trigger points and my right side is painful and numb due to compression from my neck and what he suspects, compression of carpal tunnel radial nerve, ulnar nerve, etc. basically everything is compressed. This patch worked wonders. Very disappointed to learn its not covered by insurance

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 9:20 AM

Review by ernurse708 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have bulging disk in my lower back that usually do not give me problems that OTC NSAIDS do not help. But, about 2-3 times a year the pain would get so bad I could hardly walk. I was prescribed Flector patches and I could not believe how much better I felt the next day. I was able to get out of bed and bend over with little to no pain. These patches are so GREAT!!!!!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 10:57 AM

Review by LGESQ:

The patch works well as part of a program. It and Percocet (7.5/350) work well together, 800mg ibuprofen less so. They are more effective to prevent pain for me, so don't wait for the pain to use a patch.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2015 5:34 PM

Review by Aggie87:

Relieved my pain in my lower back. These patches really do work great.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2015 12:12 AM

Review by Jessica0024 (taken for less than 1 month):

Not really any relief need something more.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2014 3:01 AM

Review by gypsytejas (taken for less than 1 month):

I tore my shoulder labrum and the pain can be off the chart. Hydrocodone and ibuprofen and ice helped some. After my doctor gave me the Flector Patch I noticed major relief in my shoulder within an hour. These work very well. These truly work.

May 29, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by k-Yvonne:

Had excruciating right shoulder pain radiating down my right upper arm to my shoulder with limited restrictive movement in my right arm/hand. Diagnosed tendonitis. Doctor prescribed Flector Patches which I started and noted "pain relief" in 48hours with full movement in my right shoulder, arm and hand. Very, very satisfied with Flector treatment and returning to full range of motion with my right upper extremity.

February 10, 2014 9:18 AM

Review by Nahho (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was prescribed Flector patches after surgery to repair my collarbone, which came with frozen shoulder that I've been getting physical therapy on for weeks. I have not used the patches regularly, just when I have a little pain. Early on I had pain in the shoulder area but could not place the patch directly on the shoulder because of the surgical scar. The patches helped somewhat. Now I have some pain for stepping up workouts on the shoulder, and I can place the patch directly on the pain area, and it's working wonderfully. The patch has a kind of numbing feeling, and overall the feeling can be compared to what ibuprofen does in reducing inflammation. The patches can make me a little sleepy. They also can be a little large for certain spots

October 25, 2013 10:32 PM

Review by wracked (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Used twice under walking boot for broken fibula, use for rotator cuff sprain for six weeks, used for left knee pain for three years prior to replacement of knee. Way better than an opiate, I could work! More effective too most of the time.

October 6, 2013 5:29 AM

Review by Mylowerback sucks (taken for less than 1 month):

I requested my MD to prescribe me the patch for lower T4 pain last week. Started taking it on Wednesday and today is Sunday same week. I'm now 80% better and changing the patch every 12 hours as prescribed to me. The first day (for whatever reason), I got a surge of energy when I first put on the patch. The pain subsided to about a level 3 from a level 6 after wearing it for just a few short hours. Do not stop wearing the patch as the pain will come back quickly. I did have to supplement the pain with additional meds after I did some light home repairs (despite the the warnings) and this kept the pain level down.

July 28, 2013 10:47 PM

Review by The Sore One (taken for less than 1 month):

I must say, having tried Lidoderm gel, lidocaine patches, and many others. I have to be honest, these patches are amazing, I got a real mad torn meniscus & was in unbearable pain. Pain meds didn't even help, but this patch was amazing in it's effectiveness. I got a sample from my pain management Dr., & just decided to use it thinking it can't hurt, so glad I did, MIRACLES. Note: the pain med was only Lortab but it most definitely aided in the dealing with of the pain. The only draw back, which was a big one, but pain is under control but you cannot mix other NSAID w/ this like Advil, aspirin, etc.. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I'm scared to find out their cost, I have a script for them but if the lidocaine was exactly 10$ each patch, likely more $

July 23, 2013 7:33 PM

Review by Redlucy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have an osteotomy in my left tibia. The surgery was a year ago, and the break has not filled in with new bone. I was prescribed the patches with the caveat that "they may not work." They work very well and my pain has decreased between 75-90%. If I use them as directed (1 every 12hrs) they are most effective. There are some issues with the adhesive on the edges but I've found if I warm them with my hand they stick better. True, there is very little movement of fabric over the area as with back issues. I work with a personal trainer 5 days a week so the leg gets a lot of use. Mine is an unusual use for these patches, but they are definitely worth a try.

June 25, 2013 8:38 AM

Review by Coach_Andy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have arthritis is both knees from years of athletics, in my youth. I have moderate to severe pain after long standing, use or cold. The Flector Patch on my knees are perfect. I use them as needed and I experience 90% relief without having to take any oral medicines. I am a FAN!

May 1, 2013 9:25 AM

Review by Tammy Lynn 61:

Had shoulder arthroscopic surgery for a bone spur and tear four months ago. Pain was bad with little improvement the past 2 months, even with rehab/exercises and Vicodin and later Mobic (Meloxicam) and finally Motrin. Nothing worked. Couldn't sleep, constant ache from shoulder into my bicep. Rather than get a Cortisone shot yesterday, the doctor suggested I try a sample of the Flector Patch. I wore it last night and finally experienced some relief. I'd say the pain is about 75% better, and I managed to get some sleep.

January 30, 2013 2:57 PM

Review by Piali3 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I suffer with fibromyalgia mostly in my upper back and both sides of my neck. Flector patches ARE INCREDIBLE! I had been receiving pain shots for years to relieve the muscle pain that in turn caused me to have migraine/tension headaches more than 15 days per month. The major problem is that Insurance does NOT cover these patches and I have drained my Dr. of all of their samples. I highly recommend them if you can afford them!

December 26, 2012 3:22 PM

Review by Mugs Suz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It has helped my back, but not completely eliminated pain or discomfort. The patch has greatly enhansed my quality of life, easy to use and does not cause any problems to my stomach.

September 20, 2012 11:10 PM

Doesn't seem to work for plantar fascitis.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2012 4:53 PM

Review by CE1 Seabee:

I've had multiple cervical fusion surgeries due to an accident 10 years ago. I get flare ups that cause severe pain and numbness in both hands. Before I was prescribed the patches the episodes could last a week or more but now using the patch I'm back up and around in one or two days so I say they work pretty well.

July 8, 2012 10:53 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have plantar fasciatis in both feet which had changed my gait until I had bursitis in both hips and was in quite a bit of pain. Within 24 hours the bursitis and pain in my feet had subsided! I have no trouble getting around at all now and can take long walks without paying for it later. Incredible! Love them. I use them on both insteps 24 hours a day.

May 20, 2012 10:40 AM

I have yet to feel any relief using Flector Patches. I have end stage bone disease.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2012 10:59 PM

Review by oohyeah4:

I have been on the patch for about 4 months now. It has by far worked better than anything else I have tried. I am about to change out of it because my body has been building a resistance to it. It is working only about 40% compared to before but I don't blame the patch. I think it's fantastic. Hope it works for you..

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2011 11:20 AM

I have been using the patches for chronic back pain for about a week. I use 2 patches a day. I have got no relief.

August 31, 2011 12:02 PM

Review by oohyeah4:

After 2 years of pain after my total knee replacement , I was prescribed every narcotic under the sun, would work for 1-2 weeks then back to pain. I finally went to a pain management doctor and he prescribed the 1.3 Flector patch. Within the first 30 mins experienced relief. I wear two of them one on either side of the knee. I have been on them for one month, I use them for about 10 hrs a day. The only bad side effect I have experienced is massive weight gain. About 15 lbs in only one month. It does warn you on the label about possible fast weight gain. I have always maintained my weight by give or take 5 lbs...but 15lbs in 1 month is absurd.

August 12, 2011 3:52 PM

The only thing that stops the spasms in my back is the Flector patch and my insurance no longer covers this.......back to square one

June 16, 2011 6:12 PM

Review by mtsaz:

I had tried Lidoderm and had fair to good results. I was reluctant to try the Flector because of the cost. My insurance did not cover them. In an impulsive act due to frustration with pain, I got the script filled. Within 2 hours I noticed that the severe pain in my knee was almost gone, and I slept very well through the night. These are a miracle and work as well as or better than any systemic medicine including narcotics. They really do work.

March 30, 2011 11:13 AM