User Reviews for Viorele

Learn more about Viorele.

Birth Control 9 reviews 271 medications

4.3
Summary of Viorele reviews 9 reviews 4.3

Reviews for Viorele

For Birth Control "Absolutely horrible. Been on Viorelle for 4 months now. I get severe headaches for a week, very lightheaded and dizzy.I havnt been able to get out of bed for the past 2 day's, my body feels very weak, I can't get my excercise in, I feel very down. I feel this way every 3 weeks. I want to tell the entire world not to take these pills. I'm fine all month until the 3rd and 4th week and then I experience all this. Awful. I can't wait to let my doctor know on Monday and can't wait to try something else."

Anonymous January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been on this medication for a week and I haven't had any problems at all. I take it at night, and I dont have any nausea or anything like I did with other BC methods. I am sensative to contraceptives and on the shot, I gained 30 pounds quickly. On the patch, I threw up only 12 hours after having it on. And other pills made me moody or nauseated. This pill has a low does of estrogen and it has been great so far-- frankly, I think I have been losing weight. Not sure if that has anything to do with this pill or not, but we will see!"

Ryan B January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for probably about 4-5 years. My experience has been overall pretty pleasant. I never noticed it affecting my mood or behavior and I have never felt depressed due to the pill. I also never gained any weight or experienced acne. My periods last about 4 days, previously before using the pill they lasted much longer. I usually experience cramps and bloating the day before and the day I get my period. My cramps have always been pretty bad even before I began using birth control, so I don't think it is caused by the pill. I do recommend this pill for people who are looking to use it as a form of birth control and a way to regulate the menstrual cycle. Unfortunately I must switch pills due to insurance coverage."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Holy no. I do NOT recommend this birth control medication. I've been on it for three months now and I've experienced: Bloating Breakthrough bleeding (heavy) Headaches Moodiness (anger) Crying Increase of Tourrettes' tics Anxiety 7/10 lower back pain Weight gain Increase desire for all things sugar :( And the blister pack itself is terrible! I've never had such a difficult pack to use. I wouldn't recommend this medication whatsoever."

picturerazzi October 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I will be starting my third pack next week. This pill has given me pimples, my boobs have grown a cup size, but hurt all the time I can't even jog. No real weight gain but just a general nausea, pelvic, and back pain most of the time. I will give it another month to subside...."

S976 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Terrible. Suffered with fatigue, nausea, headache, severe depression, and many pms symptoms. Couldn't even take it for a whole month. Had to stop after almost 2 weeks"

Mash97 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

For Birth Control "Tried lots of different pills after the one I was on was discontinued and nothing worked for me so I stopped trying for about 3 years. When my doctor suggested the pill for acne I said sure why not. This pill is one of the few I don't have spotting or crazy 3 week periods with. The only downside is that I find my cramps are 10x worse, and I have gained some weight, I've especially seen that my breasts have grown. My acne has been a lot better and my periods are more normal although they do last a bit longer, my mood has also been consistent. Overall, I have had a good experience and happy to have normal, predictable periods."

Mary123456 February 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I was taking Viorele for 2 months. Before taking Viorele my face was completely clear but since I've been taking it, my face is COVERED in painful acne Other than the acne, the pill is great."

Anonymous124 February 18, 2014

For Birth Control "Horrible starting with the very first pill: severe cramping, migraine, lose bowels, tiredness, confusion, nausea. Had to stop after taking only three pills. Been on the pill off and on since the age of 19. I'm now 43 and this is the absolute worst experience I've had with a birth control pill."

duck1970 November 21, 2013

More about Viorele (desogestrel / ethinyl estradiol)

Professional resources