User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Also known as: Restasis

Learn more about Cyclosporine.

Cyclosporine Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca.

Reviews for Cyclosporine to treat Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca

Restasis (cyclosporine): "Redness, blured vision, pain in and around affected eye, feeling of something in my eye, Have been on Restasis for 2 weeks but felt the side effects right away."

Aunte March 22, 2016

"Tear production increased slightly - but now I have blurry vision"

Dry eye March 3, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine): "The first time I was prescribed Restasis - I was also prescribed a cortisone drop and I didn't have any issues with burning and got complete relief within a few short months. I stopped taking it after 6 months and the eyes became dry again about 9 months later. I am back on it again but this time without the cortisone drops. I am finding the burning pretty much continuous. However I am again producing tears easily. I will ask my doctor to again prescribe cortisone drops in addition to the Restasis. My doctor ok'd me using each vile for 2-3 days.Fortunately I have insurance that covers most of the cost. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone suffering from chronic dry eyes. None of the over the counter medications helped."

SquirrellyCakes February 14, 2016

"Have no insurance! Too expensive for me to even get! Am elderly and live on social security. A lot of others can't afford it either. Sorry"

Anonymous January 8, 2016

Restasis (cyclosporine): "They didn't help my dry eyes at all."

patscga (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I suffered with severe dry eyes for years. I was developing corneal ulcers and tons of dry spots. It was hard to wear contact lenses. My optometrist had me see an opthalmologist, and she put me on Restatis. Three months later, I had my check-up and the corneal ulcer is healed (left a small scar), and all the dry spots are gone. She has cleared me to try to wear contact lenses again. I actually feel tears when I blink. So far, this medication has been a godsend for me. I tested negative for Sjogrens."

mamamamam December 6, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "Unfortunately was unable to affectively try this product. I experienced severe burning in my eyes following application. I contacted Allergen (manufacturer of Restassus) immediately with my side effects and they offered a complete refund. Thrilled that I was able to re-coup my money as this was a VERY expensive prescription ($1400/cash... 3 month supply). I am impressed with their support and willingness to refund."

Dbacques November 18, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I have an extreme dry left eye that drives me crazy for about 2 years can't wait to get home to wash my eye at night the right eye is dry per my dr exam but not nearly as bad. First few days in bad eye felt better off the bat. I am a sceptic so it really did feel better. 1 month later my really dry left eye feels wonderful. I was going to use it only in left bad eye due to the cost but once I opened the vial saw how much was in there I decided to use in against drs orders though I wash my hands and do not touch the dropper at all. works great for me"

kathleen s October 17, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "When I see the commercial for Restasis on television, the lady who is on the commercial looks scary. Her eyes look so unnatural. She is staring like some zombie. I would not even try this just because of her zombie eyes. Either fix that or find someone else who does not look like zombie on TV."

Jane Ann October 6, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I used Restasis for extreme dry eyes. After 2 years and no relief I gave up. Restasis didn't do a thing! I now use Retaine available on line or at pharmacy. It's new...and works great! No prescription needed...and only about $20 for 30 containers. Use just like Restasis."

Bemopan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "One of the things that I'm reading here is that people use Restasis and Steroids together. You can't use Restasis at the same time use Steroids that is a big mistakes your eyes are going to get worse. Using Restasis for 4 months and I feel great."

Grace13 August 30, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "This drug is so expensive (insurance covers little!!!) and simply does not work (after three months!)! I do not recommend it to any one "

phil Lee August 7, 2015

"My eyes tear constantly, I also have plugs in both eyes that don't seem to be helping. So far Restasis hasn't helped at all. All the Dr says is keep using it. I'm very frustrated. I don't know what to do."

Furry blanket (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 29, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I have been using this for approximately 2 years now and I am very worried that it has made my eyes MUCH worse.... I have just gotten done reading the other reviews and I am the complete opposite of these others. Therefore, I read the list of possible but not likely side effects and I am experiencing each and every one of these symptoms every time I use this medicine. Today, I used my restasis and then went venturing with my family for a few hours and my right eye began to secrete the yelowish thick fluid and burn worse than ever before. It also started to swell at the far corner of my eye. I went to the local emergency room where I was informed that I have conjunctivitis in my right eye and now have to use antibiotics and pain meds"

MissiEvol (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I've been using it for over a year and it is great. My eyes feel much better. But I would like it better if it didn't cost so much."

Leggetie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I was hesitant to start using Restasis after reading the reviews. However, I was very desperate, suffering from severe dry eye, corneal scarring/dry spots, and ocular rosacea. My eyes were just giving me too much trouble and I was using high-end lubricant eye drops, compresses daily, fish oil pills, and consuming a lot of water. I was doing all I could to avoid Restasis. At the end of my rope, my Dr. prescribed Restasis along with a steroid drop. I have been using both for a month now and can already tell a very big difference. My eyes feel normal again and much less sensitive, no burning or scratching or tearing. It is wonderful. I hope that the benefits continue as long as I use the drops. I am a very happy Restasis customer!"

Jen H (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "Restasis has been nothing short of a miracle for me! My eyes hurt, were extremely dry, had bumps under my eyelids and terrible allergies and inflammation. In the morning my eyelid would stick closed and I would have to open it slowly and add gel drops. I was on 4 things a day for my eyes and they were not getting much better. I run a humidifier because the dryness from running the heat in the winter seemed to make my eyes worse. I could not wear my contact lenses as it was torture. After being on Restasis for 3 weeks, I am 80% better. I use Systane Ultra gel drops when I go to bed at night and my eyes are so much better in the mornings when I wake up. I am now wearing my contact lenses again, but, not as long during the day as I used too. Grateful!"

Godlover/John 3:16 January 28, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I have been using Restasis for 5 months and two weeks and have finally felt a huge improvement so don't give up. There is no burning in my eyes and I don't feel like I have something scraping them any more. My doctor also recommended Lacrisert to help til the Restasis kicked in. Have only used it for about 2 weeks but did get some relief with the Lacrisert. All these medicines are expensive but I use one vial of Restasis for both eyes am and pm. this makes it last longer. also, I don't need a Lacrisert in one eye so that lasts longer. Lacrisert is difficult to get in but keep trying you'll get the hang of it. Don't give up. Huge relief. Thank the Good Lord for medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "Eyes are much less irritated. Still have occasional pain from dry eyes, especially at night, but am only using other eye drops every half hour in evenings instead of every few minutes all day long. I keep vials in refrigerator and am able to use 1 vial for 2-3 days, so cost is not prohibitive."

BonBee January 13, 2015

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I have been using Restasis for about 4 months and really have noticed a huge improvement. It doesn't burn at all. "

kris winn December 27, 2014

Restasis (cyclosporine): "Works great! Have been using for about two months now, already seeing improvement in vision"

phantom 2 July 13, 2013

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I have used Restasis for about a year now and have seen almost no progress. For most of my life I've had red and bothersome eyes. After trying various eye drops, my doctor recommended Restasis. He said it typically takes 3 to 6 months for it to really kick in but it never did kick in. When I put the drops in it burns my eyes for the first 30 - 40 minutes. I've talked with my doctor about this and he said it is normal but should go away after some time, but it hasn't. Every year around spring time my eyes get terrible irritated and this year has been the same (maybe even worse than other years) even though I've been using Restasis for a year now. The only difference I notice was for the first couple weeks, but now I'm ready to move on."

mitslew (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2013

Restasis (cyclosporine): "I have been using Restasis for months combined with Azasite. I have been very pleased with the relief it has given my eyes after decades of dealing with painfully dry eyes. I am lucky to have great insurance. The drops are extremely expensive without insurance or good coverage."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 2, 2012

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate