Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Also known as: Restasis

Learn more about Cyclosporine.

Cyclosporine review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1 medications used in the treatment of Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca.

Reviews for Cyclosporine to treat Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca

Review by Leggetie (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Restasis (cyclosporine): I've been using it for over a year and it is great. My eyes feel much better. But I would like it better if it didn't cost so much.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2015 8:35 AM

Review by Godlover/John 3:16:

Restasis (cyclosporine): Restasis has been nothing short of a miracle for me! My eyes hurt, were extremely dry, had bumps under my eyelids and terrible allergies and inflammation. In the morning my eyelid would stick closed and I would have to open it slowly and add gel drops. I was on 4 things a day for my eyes and they were not getting much better. I run a humidifier because the dryness from running the heat in the winter seemed to make my eyes worse. I could not wear my contact lenses as it was torture. After being on Restasis for 3 weeks, I am 80% better. I use Systane Ultra gel drops when I go to bed at night and my eyes are so much better in the mornings when I wake up. I am now wearing my contact lenses again, but, not as long during the day as I used too. Grateful!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 9:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Restasis (cyclosporine): I have been using Restasis for 5 months and two weeks and have finally felt a huge improvement so don't give up. There is no burning in my eyes and I don't feel like I have something scraping them any more. My doctor also recommended Lacrisert to help til the Restasis kicked in. Have only used it for about 2 weeks but did get some relief with the Lacrisert. All these medicines are expensive but I use one vial of Restasis for both eyes am and pm. this makes it last longer. also, I don't need a Lacrisert in one eye so that lasts longer. Lacrisert is difficult to get in but keep trying you'll get the hang of it. Don't give up. Huge relief. Thank the Good Lord for medicine.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2015 7:27 PM

Review by BonBee:

Restasis (cyclosporine): Eyes are much less irritated. Still have occasional pain from dry eyes, especially at night, but am only using other eye drops every half hour in evenings instead of every few minutes all day long. I keep vials in refrigerator and am able to use 1 vial for 2-3 days, so cost is not prohibitive.

January 13, 2015 7:39 PM

Review by kris winn:

Restasis (cyclosporine): I have been using Restasis for about 4 months and really have noticed a huge improvement. It doesn't burn at all.

December 27, 2014 10:26 PM

Review by phantom 2:

Restasis (cyclosporine): Works great! Have been using for about two months now, already seeing improvement in vision

July 13, 2013 2:42 PM

Review by mitslew (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Restasis (cyclosporine): I have used Restasis for about a year now and have seen almost no progress. For most of my life I've had red and bothersome eyes. After trying various eye drops, my doctor recommended Restasis. He said it typically takes 3 to 6 months for it to really kick in but it never did kick in. When I put the drops in it burns my eyes for the first 30 - 40 minutes. I've talked with my doctor about this and he said it is normal but should go away after some time, but it hasn't. Every year around spring time my eyes get terrible irritated and this year has been the same (maybe even worse than other years) even though I've been using Restasis for a year now. The only difference I notice was for the first couple weeks, but now I'm ready to move on.

April 20, 2013 9:52 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Restasis (cyclosporine): I have been using Restasis for months combined with Azasite. I have been very pleased with the relief it has given my eyes after decades of dealing with painfully dry eyes. I am lucky to have great insurance. The drops are extremely expensive without insurance or good coverage.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2012 2:44 PM