User Reviews for Codeine / guaifenesin

Also known as: Allfen CD, Allfen CDX, Bitex Liquid, Brontex, Cheracol with Codeine, Cheratussin AC, Codafen, Codar GF, Dex-Tuss, Diabetic Tussin C, Duraganidin NR, ExeClear-C, Gani-Tuss NR, Glydeine, Guai-Co, ...show all 38 brand names

Learn more about Codeine/guaifenesin.

Cough 41 reviews 784 medications

6.7
Summary of Codeine/guaifenesin reviews 41 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "This is the best working cough syrup. While it doesn't totally eliminate it (which would make it a 10!), it is the best among all of the different cough syrups and pills. I am not a fan of the Benzonatate gel capsules. They do nothing for me."

bajaeljefe April 4, 2016

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was prescribed this for pneumonia. I have asthma also, so this didn't do much for my awful cough. And it tastes like rubbish I will be going back to request Tussionex tomorrow"

Firstnow (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Cough: "I went to the Dr after 3 days because my chest hurts so much from coughing. This helped with pain but the cough never stops. I need sleep. First night I had full body chills/shakes for a few hours. Then tried to get up and was hit with nausea and extreme thirst. Got very little sleep, Just went through second night and I got nausea and extreme thirst. Think I am going to stop tonight need sleep. No side effects during day except coughing 24/7."

cough a lots (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I feel nervous and can't sleep after taking this"

Kimlee08 March 12, 2016

For Cough: "Had a bad cold for a few days so I went to the doctor for a check and she prescribed me chertussin (guafenesin with codeine) to help me get some restful sleep. Took the first 10 ml dose and 45 minutes later my heart is pounding and my face and arms feel really warm. Don't like the heart pounding and won't be taking any more of this stuff. I'll switch back to my Delsym that doesn't work quite as well but doesn't make me feel like my heart is going to explode."

CR0330 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

For Cough: "Was diagnosed with Bronchitis & Respiratory infection. Tried other otc meds nothing seemed to work. Dr prescribed this after 30 min of the dose my coughing fits diminished. Take every 4hrs. Just had my 2nd dose so praying it continues to help."

preacherwife November 16, 2015

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Amazing product! I hope this isn't TMI but I was feeling quite sick as "cold" was sitting on my chest and had a lot of mucus that wasn't coming up, took this medicine and it really does help produce a more productive cough and less frequent, which meant I could clear my throat of mucus & wasn't coughing quite as much. Took for a max x2 a day. Felt lots bit better after 1st dose. Cost me around "

KstarB September 13, 2015

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I would have gave this medicine a 10 if it wasn't for the dull headache (may not have been due to the drug I was battling a sinus infection anyway) after I took this medicine. Cough was gone within an hour. Make sure you drink a lot of water. Maybe that's why I got the headache too. Also, I noticed that I was very sensitive after taking this drug. I actually cried a little bit because of the sinus pressure. When usually I just suck it up with pain and never cry. Stopped wheezing. Make sure to take a warm shower too after taking this drug it will also help clear the mucus."

Rose127 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

Guaiatussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Severe headache"

Anonymous March 6, 2015

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was coughing constantly and could not sleep. Took other medicines but didn't work that well. Took the medicine and didn't cough again and had a great sleep."

felino4624 January 16, 2015

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Was prescribed this med for cough and it did absolutely nothing except made my head hurt horribly bad and my throat tickle, which made the cough worse. "

Stillcoughing (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Like clockwork my allergy to Mountain Cedar starts around late October. Congestion, cough but no fever. My doctor prescribes Cheratussin syrup and it works great. I also take Mucinex DM with this and it stops the congestion and cough after about an hour. I couldn't make it without this."

John P. November 7, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "My 8yr old Daughter had pneumonia, diagnosed 6 days ago along with her Z-pack antibiotics. Cheratussin AC, not only quieted her cough when it was hurting, but helped to expel the congestion. No bad side effects, but hated the bitter taste."

Baya (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2014

For Cough: "This medicine helped with my cough but keeps me wired and wide awake and all I want to do is sleep because I am miserable. The pharmicist said it should help me sleep but apparently it has the opposite effect on me."

Ali d April 26, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for : "Went to the ER this morning with pneumonia. Was prescribed Cheratussin. Has helped cough a lot. Relieved some pain in ribs. But it did give me a headache and looks like no sleep."

Anonymous January 6, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Been coughing for 3 weeks and this helped a lot. I am taking all sorts of over the counter pills, gels, capsules, hot water, cold water mixes with multiple active ingredients and Cheratussin AC syrup gave me better relief than anything else. I still couldn't sleep through the night and ended up taking middle of the night doses with the other things as it took over 4 weeks to get over my flu. When I was younger I got a codeine cough syrup and it didn't help but this time this did."

Anonymous November 23, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had a cold and bad cough for two weeks before I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis. This has been amazing! It's bringing up the mucus that the OTC medicines wasn't and the cough is very minimal now. I take the dose on the lower end of the range prescribed and it's doing the job. So glad I finally caved and went to the doctor."

Feeling Great Now (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Taking the liquid form Cherritussin helped my cough very much. It was a great sleep aid when sick, but should not be over used. Also I would add DO NOT TAKE THIS AND THEN DRINK COFFEE! I didn't realize that the stimulant of caffeine mixed with it would bother me. Also check to see if pseudoephedrine is mixed in any way with your codeine as this is also a stimulant and worsens the situation."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2012

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Works great! Quiets a hacking cough, no matter how bad. Works the best & when other products don't work. Does cause drowsiness though but that's not bad if it's night time or you're convalescing at home anyway from being sick. Great stuff!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2012

For Cough: "This medicine works great! "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had a bad cold a year or so ago, and my throat was killing me from coughing. My doctor prescribed this stuff and it made everything manageable. I was still sick, don't get me wrong, but I didn't really feel sick. At first I was worried because it made me feel different and weird, but I realized that it was just relaxing me so I could get some rest. It worked great."

Bobblehead Fred April 11, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Cough kept getting worse at night so doctor had me start this medicine and I stopped the Tylenol cough and cold. First night I was up at 4 am with dry throat, dry eyes and a bloody nose. Took another dose with water and it took almost an hour to kick in. Second night I didn't seem to help at all, kept coughing and was probably worst night of all. Waited for dose to wear off then went back to Tylenol for a good night sleep."

Anonymous January 28, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Had a cough for close to a year. I thought it was from congestive heart failure. Had been using Mucenix DM for the thick phlegm. It helped some but not enough. Then I got a cold and my cough and phlegm got much worse. My family insisted I see a doctor. The doctor prescribed this, what a relief it has been. Getting much phelgm out and cough is almost gone after 4 days on the syrup! Has been an answer to prayer so far! I had been battling this cough for a year and it took so much out of me. Amazing to have it helped so much!"

biore January 14, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I have been taking this medicine for a week and I am still coughing. I am finally getting some sleep but is still waking up with coughing fits. I have not had any side effects but I can't say this medicine works."

ctrapane January 7, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I took this medicine for coughing at night and had a very negative reaction to it. I seemed to have all of the classic signs of a heart attack - pain in the chest and back - it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Heart rate went down very low and blood pressure was low and then high. "

Anonymous November 19, 2011