User Reviews for Codeine / guaifenesin

Also known as: Allfen CD, Allfen CDX, Bitex Liquid, Brontex, Cheracol with Codeine, Cheratussin AC, Codafen, Codar GF, Dex-Tuss, Diabetic Tussin C, Duraganidin NR, ExeClear-C, Gani-Tuss NR, Glydeine, Guai-Co, ...show all 38 brand names

Learn more about Codeine/guaifenesin.

Cough 34 reviews 701 medications

6.7
Summary of Codeine/guaifenesin reviews 34 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Codeine/guaifenesin

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I would have gave this medicine a 10 if it wasn't for the dull headache (may not have been due to the drug I was battling a sinus infection anyway) after I took this medicine. Cough was gone within an hour. Make sure you drink a lot of water. Maybe that's why I got the headache too. Also, I noticed that I was very sensitive after taking this drug. I actually cried a little bit because of the sinus pressure. When usually I just suck it up with pain and never cry. Stopped wheezing. Make sure to take a warm shower too after taking this drug it will also help clear the mucus."

Rose127 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

Guaiatussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Severe headache"

Anonymous March 6, 2015

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was coughing constantly and could not sleep. Took other medicines but didn't work that well. Took the medicine and didn't cough again and had a great sleep."

felino4624 January 16, 2015

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Was prescribed this med for cough and it did absolutely nothing except made my head hurt horribly bad and my throat tickle, which made the cough worse. "

Stillcoughing (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Like clockwork my allergy to Mountain Cedar starts around late October. Congestion, cough but no fever. My doctor prescribes Cheratussin syrup and it works great. I also take Mucinex DM with this and it stops the congestion and cough after about an hour. I couldn't make it without this."

John P. November 7, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "My 8yr old Daughter had pneumonia, diagnosed 6 days ago along with her Z-pack antibiotics. Cheratussin AC, not only quieted her cough when it was hurting, but helped to expel the congestion. No bad side effects, but hated the bitter taste."

Baya (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2014

For Cough: "This medicine helped with my cough but keeps me wired and wide awake and all I want to do is sleep because I am miserable. The pharmicist said it should help me sleep but apparently it has the opposite effect on me."

Ali d April 26, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for : "Went to the ER this morning with pneumonia. Was prescribed Cheratussin. Has helped cough a lot. Relieved some pain in ribs. But it did give me a headache and looks like no sleep."

Anonymous January 6, 2014

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Been coughing for 3 weeks and this helped a lot. I am taking all sorts of over the counter pills, gels, capsules, hot water, cold water mixes with multiple active ingredients and Cheratussin AC syrup gave me better relief than anything else. I still couldn't sleep through the night and ended up taking middle of the night doses with the other things as it took over 4 weeks to get over my flu. When I was younger I got a codeine cough syrup and it didn't help but this time this did."

Anonymous November 23, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had a cold and bad cough for two weeks before I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis. This has been amazing! It's bringing up the mucus that the OTC medicines wasn't and the cough is very minimal now. I take the dose on the lower end of the range prescribed and it's doing the job. So glad I finally caved and went to the doctor."

Feeling Great Now (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Taking the liquid form Cherritussin helped my cough very much. It was a great sleep aid when sick, but should not be over used. Also I would add DO NOT TAKE THIS AND THEN DRINK COFFEE! I didn't realize that the stimulant of caffeine mixed with it would bother me. Also check to see if pseudoephedrine is mixed in any way with your codeine as this is also a stimulant and worsens the situation."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2012

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Works great! Quiets a hacking cough, no matter how bad. Works the best & when other products don't work. Does cause drowsiness though but that's not bad if it's night time or you're convalescing at home anyway from being sick. Great stuff!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2012

For Cough: "This medicine works great! "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had a bad cold a year or so ago, and my throat was killing me from coughing. My doctor prescribed this stuff and it made everything manageable. I was still sick, don't get me wrong, but I didn't really feel sick. At first I was worried because it made me feel different and weird, but I realized that it was just relaxing me so I could get some rest. It worked great."

Bobblehead Fred April 11, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Cough kept getting worse at night so doctor had me start this medicine and I stopped the Tylenol cough and cold. First night I was up at 4 am with dry throat, dry eyes and a bloody nose. Took another dose with water and it took almost an hour to kick in. Second night I didn't seem to help at all, kept coughing and was probably worst night of all. Waited for dose to wear off then went back to Tylenol for a good night sleep."

Anonymous January 28, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Had a cough for close to a year. I thought it was from congestive heart failure. Had been using Mucenix DM for the thick phlegm. It helped some but not enough. Then I got a cold and my cough and phlegm got much worse. My family insisted I see a doctor. The doctor prescribed this, what a relief it has been. Getting much phelgm out and cough is almost gone after 4 days on the syrup! Has been an answer to prayer so far! I had been battling this cough for a year and it took so much out of me. Amazing to have it helped so much!"

biore January 14, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I have been taking this medicine for a week and I am still coughing. I am finally getting some sleep but is still waking up with coughing fits. I have not had any side effects but I can't say this medicine works."

ctrapane January 7, 2012

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I took this medicine for coughing at night and had a very negative reaction to it. I seemed to have all of the classic signs of a heart attack - pain in the chest and back - it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Heart rate went down very low and blood pressure was low and then high. "

Anonymous November 19, 2011

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I have bronchitis and was prescribed Cheratussin AC for chest congestion and cough. It might be helping a little with the cough, but it is not bringing up the phlegm. "

Anonymous June 21, 2011

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Helped a lot. My cough was horrible and this helped me through the nights. I would recommend this."

Anonymous June 9, 2011

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I took this for a cough I was having in conjunction with a sore throat. Every time I coughed it just made my throat feel terrible. It did nothing for my cough at all, and it kept me up all night. The medicine and the cough, combined, made me lay awake. The codeine just didn't seem to knock me out. I had better luck with Theraflu Warming."

brittysaywhat January 3, 2011

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Knocked the cough but I still have the cold."

coughing my head off July 9, 2010

Robitussin-AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "Great Medicine.I Coughed so much that the dr said I have bruised my ribs..very painful,this stuff is the best when you are having severe constant coughing it will give you relief and let you rest.wat better than the otc cough syrups."

Anonymous March 22, 2010

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had been coughing for several nights in a row, waking up about 3 times a night and, of course, having trouble going back to sleep because of the cough. I also had the nasal congestion game going on (i.e., sleep on your left side and the left side of your nose plugs up, roll over, and the right side plugs up). I hate that game. I had some Cheratussin AC from last year and I read the bottle. It hadn't expired yet, one month left. I took the higher recommended dose (it had two dosages on it, a low and a high). I went back to bed and slept the entire night through. This stuff worked great for me and I would recommend it. I did wake up with a little bit of a headache, but it wore off after coffee and 15 minutes."

whatzerface March 16, 2010

Cheratussin AC (codeine / guaifenesin) for Cough: "My daughter and son were both prescribed this and it didn't work for either of them. In fact, they both complained that it gave them a bad headache about an hour after taking it and they are both still coughing all night long. Our pediatrician said this was just as good as Tussionex but much cheaper. I'd rather pay $40 co-pay for the Tussionex since I know it works. No relief for me or my children."

Anonymous January 26, 2010