Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Sensipar

Learn more about Sensipar.

Secondary Hyperparathyroidism 5 reviews 5 medications

6.8
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sensipar reviews 5 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Sensipar

Review by Annie1441 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Secondary Hyperparathyroidism: I have severe bone pain in my legs and frequent bowel movements up to fifteen times per day. Parathyroid scan showed nothing abnormal. After taking Sensipar only three days I saw marked improvement. After 28 day trial, pain in the legs is 80% improved, (am a multiply operated spine patient so did not expect 100%). Bowel movements are more normal and once per day as they should be. This shows with just one month of treatment, that I do have parathyroid disease that was not picked up on scans. Now I can pursue treatment through surgery.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2012 1:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Secondary Hyperparathyroidism: I'm a senior with a low fixed income. I am ever so grateful to the Sensipar assistance program. I have very high calcium levels and this medicine has cut it in half, I used to get very disoriented, confused, overwhelmed but now with this medicine I feel close to normal. I have had a great experience with this medicine and have experienced no side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2012 6:24 PM

Review by Spike5:

For Secondary Hyperparathyroidism: I took this drug and had no side effects. On the other hand, it didn't reduce my blood calcium levels.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2010 9:35 AM

For Secondary Hyperparathyroidism: I experienced severe leg cramps almost immediately upon taking this medication and whatever else it may have been doing for me. I could not tolerate the cramps which even interfered with my ability to sleep, walk, drive or climb stairs.

September 14, 2009 11:22 AM

Review by 327Frank:

For Secondary Hyperparathyroidism: Seems to lower CA but the side effects are somewhat hard to deal with. Leg cramps, and twitching seems to be the worst of it. But there is only surgery as the other option.

September 10, 2009 2:40 PM