User Reviews for Alvesco

Learn more about Alvesco.

Alvesco Review Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 228 medications used in the treatment of Asthma.

Reviews for Alvesco to treat Asthma

"This is the best preventer I've taken in thirty years of suffering from asthma - I've had no attacks at all since starting it three months ago, and minimal side-effects. Hoarseness was always a huge problem for me with other inhaled steroids, so much so that I frequently stopped taking them, and instead relied on relievers to treat my allergic and exercise-induced asthma, until my attacks became so frequent that I had no choice but to go back onto steroid inhalers. However, Alvesco produces only minimal hoarseness, and despite being expensive (apparently. Living in Scotland, I get free prescriptions :-)) I'd recommend strongly to other sufferers who've had problems with steroid-induced hoarseness"

Decomm18 August 26, 2015

"The best asthma medicine I have ever used (and I've used literally every one available). The side effects (slight light-headedness, mouth irritation) just went away within the first few days, apart from some sore muscles in the chest. All the dizziness, general muscle pain and slight fever I had on Pulmicort simply vanished, which is very nice. Moreover, my cough and mucus production has clearly gone down compared to Pulmicort."

the_chemist June 25, 2011

"Did NOT work for me. Used it for 30 days. I was hoarse the whole time, and during the 25-30th day had developed thrush (which I got rid of by using salt water gargles). I've had asthma reaction to the historic pollen levels in Atlanta (2010) all through the pollen season (March through to the end of May)."

wolflew May 29, 2010

"I say thank you 2 the company of Alvesco inhaler. Since using this my asthma attacks have become less frequent from getting admitted to hospital once a month, now only going in once every 5 months. My asthma is very chronic so I recommend Alvesco. THANK YOU. "

cclifford01 January 28, 2010