User Reviews for Alvesco

Learn more about Alvesco.

Asthma, Maintenance 6 reviews 107 medications

9.5
Asthma 4 reviews 123 medications

6.7
Summary of Alvesco reviews 10 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Alvesco

For Asthma "This is the best preventer I've taken in thirty years of suffering from asthma - I've had no attacks at all since starting it three months ago, and minimal side-effects. Hoarseness was always a huge problem for me with other inhaled steroids, so much so that I frequently stopped taking them, and instead relied on relievers to treat my allergic and exercise-induced asthma, until my attacks became so frequent that I had no choice but to go back onto steroid inhalers. However, Alvesco produces only minimal hoarseness, and despite being expensive (apparently. Living in Scotland, I get free prescriptions :-)) I'd recommend strongly to other sufferers who've had problems with steroid-induced hoarseness"

Decomm18 August 26, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have exercise induced asthma. And if I used Alvesco a couple hours before a workout I never had to use my rescue inhaler. I have no unusual symptoms or side effects from Alvesco. Only down fall is it isn't covered by my insurance. Was able to swindle a 6 month supply of samples. But can afford the $300 a month price tag."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medication worked for me with no insomnia or side effects, but unfortunately it is not considered one of the preferred inhalers by my insurance company anymore."

Cyd1456 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Although my insurance does not consider this a "preferred" medication and therefore, I need to take on more of the cost, it is well worth the money. You cannot put a price on feeling healthy and being able to breath on a daily basis. This medication is a God send. If you are not satisfied with your breathing, I would definitely recommend you speak with your doctor about this inhaler. The bonus is you only have to remember to take it two times a day, morning and evening."

CherylG March 12, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "My 3-yr old had severe, rare behavioral side effects to all the other asthma controller meds; they changed him from a shy, sweet boy into an angry and aggressive one. With Alvesco he is a LOT more himself and only slightly angrier and energetic. I recommend trying this medicine to see if it works better for you, too. It has kept our child out of the hospital and we are thankful for that."

Anonymous January 10, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "My Pulmonary Function Tests were the best they have been in 12 years since I switched from Advair Diskus to Alvesco. I feel SO much better."

musicgang October 30, 2011

For Asthma "The best asthma medicine I have ever used (and I've used literally every one available). The side effects (slight light-headedness, mouth irritation) just went away within the first few days, apart from some sore muscles in the chest. All the dizziness, general muscle pain and slight fever I had on Pulmicort simply vanished, which is very nice. Moreover, my cough and mucus production has clearly gone down compared to Pulmicort."

the_chemist June 25, 2011

For Asthma "Did NOT work for me. Used it for 30 days. I was hoarse the whole time, and during the 25-30th day had developed thrush (which I got rid of by using salt water gargles). I've had asthma reaction to the historic pollen levels in Atlanta (2010) all through the pollen season (March through to the end of May)."

wolflew May 29, 2010

For Asthma "I say thank you 2 the company of Alvesco inhaler. Since using this my asthma attacks have become less frequent from getting admitted to hospital once a month, now only going in once every 5 months. My asthma is very chronic so I recommend Alvesco. THANK YOU. "

cclifford01 January 28, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medication is wonderful! I can't use the other brands for my asthma because I'm lactose intolerant and Alvesco does not use lactose!"

Little Light November 23, 2008