User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 11 reviews 334 medications

4.7
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Celebrex reviews 98 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Celebrex

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I already used Celebrex for several years if I have pains."

Sugiyahartati (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 31, 2014

For Pain "Use it when I play golf. It really works for me. Takes away all of the pain in my knee."

Bel air Sam November 4, 2013

For Pain "I still have to take Advil, or Aleve in addition to Celebrex."

DGinny November 2, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "Have been taking about 3 weeks (200mg/daily). Started having irregular heartbeats after about 2 weeks. Stopped taking and it cleared up, I started taking again and irregular heartbeats have returned. I guess I will have to stop, what a shame--- it really helps the pain!!! "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "I feel as though I've been given a second chance at living. I am enjoying life for the first time in many years. I will be dropping off my walker, crutches and chair lift at the Goodwill this week (you may think I'm kidding--I'm serious). I do fear that the change might be temporary but, I'm going to enjoy everything while the pain is gone! (Five weeks pain free)."

KateRN (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "Celebrex is great for pain, ten out of ten - but for me, it has unwanted side effects, such as stomach bloat and hair loss. I was on it for 3 years, and came off of it, and now I am back on it because of the pain. But, I am going to try some other osteoarthritis medicines, and hope for less side effects. I'm female and the side effects of Celebrex are terrible."

Anon22 September 30, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "I took 200mg 1 per day, for osteoarthritis in my hands. The pain relief was amazing. I could sleep through the night, and wake rested, and was thrilled to have nearly pain free use of my hands. After 1 week I began to develop an irregular heartbeat. First day, it wasn't too noticeable, and I was able to ignore the feeling. The irregularity increased, that night it was difficult to sleep. Next day I spoke to the doctor who did an EKG. He said I was having Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC). He advised I stop taking the Celebrex immediately. It took 4 days for the PVCs to subside. After waiting 2 weeks, I tried taking Celebrex again. After 3 days, the PVCs returned. Stopped the medicine, PVCs stopped. "

NYTess September 27, 2013

For Pain "I am 49 years old, my mother is in hospital with 2 knee replacement and I have noticed over the years I too have pain in my knees after years of then cracking as I walked upstairs. Then the pain got worse so I went to the doc and he told me to try Celebrex 300 mg a day and let me tell you so far no side effects and I am happy again. The wife says I am acting strange, she's never seen me so happy but its not for all. For me I wish I would have done this a lot sooner. "

YoungWisher (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "I have osteoarthritis, primarily in my hands. On and off over the past 8 years, I've used Celebrex for flare-ups and can feel pain-free almost immediately! It is a miracle for any and all of my aches & pains. No negative side effects for me either. The only part is it's expense but today I found several websites that offer coupons for it."

summer60 June 14, 2013

For Osteoarthritis "I was given some samples of Celebrex from my physician for wrist and hand pain. After I took the second capsule of 200 mg, I awoke in the night with an extremely bad headache, had the chills, aching muscles, runny nose and a dry hacking cough. I stopped taking the pills, but as my symptoms persisted, I believed I had the flu. Three weeks later, I again tried Celebrex and on the second day of taking the pills, I was again stricken with chills, a headache, nausea and the runny nose. These symptoms have stayed with me for the past three days. "

LJ 66 years of age, female (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2013

For Pain "I had great relief of the pain issue but I gained 40 pounds in 3 months. My weight has been stable for 15 years until I began gaining weight overnight. The sudden weight gain is worse than the initial pain so I have discontinued taking Celebrex."

DMayo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was given Celebrex for arthritis in my knee. After taking it for about two weeks I started to notice not only was my knee better and I was able to resume all of my normal activities with no pain but my foot that I had been suffering from planter fasciitis for two and a half years was finally not hurting. I had been through every treatment and three different foot doctors with no relief at all. Celebrex is by far the best medicine I have taken it has given me back my life in more ways then one."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am a 76 year old female and have been taking Celebrex on and off for many years. When my arthritis gives me pain I take it for about 2 or 3 weeks and the pain is gone. Right now I have been taking it everyday for the last 3 months because I need a knee replacement and I am practically free of pain. I highly recommend Celebrex for any kind of pain. I have had no side effects."

Kaylenmar (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "This medicine is really great for pain. Down side makes my blood pressure rise."

bronxie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "Very expensive but worth it. I've have football knees and a bad back. This cleans up the stiffness and gets things circulating. Eat right after you take it. I have been taking this for years and I'd be lost without it."

experienced8585 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 7, 2012

For Pain "A few years before I went through menopause. I used to have incredible pain, headache and felt like my Lymph Nodes were going to burst out of my throat 3 days before my menstruation and when I started to take this it worked totally. I had tried all kinds of pain killers but nothing made any difference. My doctor had prescribed it for my back pain originally. So one day I decided to try take it for my menstrual pain and was amazed that it worked so well for my Lymph Nodes and headache as well."

biggulp October 31, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "This is the only medicine that works for me. I have tried many many others with no effect. I have MS and in pain all the time. Arthritis in my spine is very painful, and this really helps me."

Lazy_E (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2012

For Pain "Didn't do much for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2012

For Pain "Did not help my back pain."

slaytonchristy1967 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After a year of back pain this is a miracle, except for indigestion and gastric discomfort after a week of use. I take medicine to minimize the indigestion."

Anonymous June 28, 2012

For Pain "I have had back pain (mid-back and shoulder and neck pain) for 10 years or more everyday. I have had 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder. I have massages every month and go to the chiropractor when it is bad. I finally caved in and went to the doctor and got Celebrex 200mg once a day, and Omega 3. I have taken it for 10 days now and have never felt better. I cannot believe I have no pain. Why did I wait so long? I am 50 years old."

mystic 50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2012

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "I commenced Celebrex 100mgs twice a day following shoulder surgery. Aided freer movement but causing increased restlessness and reflux."

Anonymous January 29, 2012

For Osteoarthritis "I have severe osteoarthritis of the right knee and was facing a certain total knee replacement. As a "last resort" for pain relief, I tried Celebrex 200 mg. For about two months, there was no impact on pain or improved knee function. Then (as if by magic), the constant pain went away and my knee function returned to just about normal. I now have the ability to exercise and move like the whole thing never happened! I'm certainly glad I stuck with the medication, as it's been "almost a miracle". Now, I have to decide whether to proceed with knee replacement, or will Celebrex buy me a few more years."

SkepticJ December 24, 2011

For Osteoarthritis "I need a new knee and get Synvisc shots every 6 months. Not so much pain, but often uncomfortable and the knee is very useless after about 4 months. Found Celebrex and took it. As package said, it took a couple of weeks to do much, but then woke up pain free one morning. Amazing. I have a very stressful job though and seem to have developed a heart condition. Did Celebrex contribute? I do not know, but have discontinued its use."

Anonymous September 26, 2011

For Pain "I've had two bad knee surgeries and was left option-less by my orthopedist so I left and went to a pain doctor. I was prescribed Celebrex after trying nearly all the other NSAIDs and have taken it for 6 months. I'm not painless, but it has worked miracles from where I was, and I know when I've forgotten to take it."

Anonymous August 15, 2011