User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 0 reviews 140 medications

Pain 35 reviews 912 medications

6.9
Period Pain 0 reviews 82 medications

3.5
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Celebrex reviews 82 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Celebrex

Review by Lazy_E (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Osteoarthritis: This is the only medicine that works for me. I have tried many many others with no effect. I have MS and in pain all the time. Arthritis in my spine is very painful, and this really helps me.

October 8, 2012 2:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Didn't do much for me.

September 23, 2012 10:22 PM

Review by slaytonchristy1967 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Pain: Did not help my back pain.

September 11, 2012 1:46 AM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: After a year of back pain this is a miracle, except for indigestion and gastric discomfort after a week of use. I take medicine to minimize the indigestion.

June 28, 2012 6:25 PM

Review by mystic 50 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I have had back pain (mid-back and shoulder and neck pain) for 10 years or more everyday. I have had 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder. I have massages every month and go to the chiropractor when it is bad. I finally caved in and went to the doctor and got Celebrex 200mg once a day, and Omega 3. I have taken it for 10 days now and have never felt better. I cannot believe I have no pain. Why did I wait so long? I am 50 years old.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2012 8:21 PM

For Pain: I commenced Celebrex 100mgs twice a day following shoulder surgery. Aided freer movement but causing increased restlessness and reflux.

January 29, 2012 3:24 AM

Review by SkepticJ:

For Osteoarthritis: I have severe osteoarthritis of the right knee and was facing a certain total knee replacement. As a "last resort" for pain relief, I tried Celebrex 200 mg. For about two months, there was no impact on pain or improved knee function. Then (as if by magic), the constant pain went away and my knee function returned to just about normal. I now have the ability to exercise and move like the whole thing never happened! I'm certainly glad I stuck with the medication, as it's been "almost a miracle". Now, I have to decide whether to proceed with knee replacement, or will Celebrex buy me a few more years.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2011 1:11 PM

For Osteoarthritis: I need a new knee and get Synvisc shots every 6 months. Not so much pain, but often uncomfortable and the knee is very useless after about 4 months. Found Celebrex and took it. As package said, it took a couple of weeks to do much, but then woke up pain free one morning. Amazing. I have a very stressful job though and seem to have developed a heart condition. Did Celebrex contribute? I do not know, but have discontinued its use.

September 26, 2011 5:50 AM

For Pain: I've had two bad knee surgeries and was left option-less by my orthopedist so I left and went to a pain doctor. I was prescribed Celebrex after trying nearly all the other NSAIDs and have taken it for 6 months. I'm not painless, but it has worked miracles from where I was, and I know when I've forgotten to take it.

August 15, 2011 11:01 PM

Review by auntniknik:

For Osteoarthritis: For pain and swelling of my joints it worked the best, but my blood pressure went up and heart disease runs in my family. I wish I could have continued taking it.

August 14, 2011 6:30 PM

For Osteoarthritis: A very good medicine that works for my knee pain, sometimes I do have to top it up with Tylenol Arthritis. All in all I recommend it for osteoarthritis.

July 28, 2011 5:55 PM

For Pain: I started having extreme joint pain almost overnight and was like that for over 2 weeks. The Doctor put me on Celebrex, 2 pills 2 times a day for 5 days with 1 pill once a day since. I feel so much better and no side effects, not even an upset stomach. I'm so happy there is a pain medication that is not a steroid or narcotic.

June 27, 2011 5:50 PM

For Pain: I have a disc protrusion at c4-5 and c5-6 which causes a narrowing in the foriminal which causes nerve root pain. In May of 2009 I was in excruciating pain and through the advice of my chiropractor he suggested that I mention to my spine specialist the medication Celebrex. My specialist said let's give it a try, and WOW what a miracle. I went from extreme pain, I wasn't even able to sleep on my left side, couldn't walk due to pain running down from my shoulder to my left thumb. I couldn't even bend to shave my legs. Well other than a little stomach irritation in the beginning, I have little to no pain. My insurance picks up the price of the medicine with me having to pay a nominal copay of $45.00. I can now exercise, ride my bike.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2011 2:08 PM

Review by SuzyG:

For Osteoarthritis: I don't like using medicines at all, especially long-term, but Celebrex did tame my symptoms enough for me to be able to pursue other therapies. It wasn't perfect. I still limped and had some pain and stiffness issues but it made a world of difference. I am now off of it, and have taken a big hit in my flexibility and mobility.

June 13, 2011 1:33 PM

Review by fl1:

For Osteoarthritis: I woke up one morning unable to walk and in horrible pain after a day out walking on the board walk. I took everything I could think of. Finally took Celebrex and within one hour the pain was gone.

June 6, 2011 4:53 AM

For Pain: On 400 mg a day and it works great in regards to my synovitis pain in all my joints that my lupus causes. No side effects after taking it for two months. I prefer taking this over prednisone any day.

June 4, 2011 2:02 PM

For Pain: I have a 50% compression fracture of my L1 and Celebrex is the only thing that will alleviate the pain. Unfortunately it upsets my stomach.

March 25, 2011 10:10 PM

Review by jenjen22:

For Pain: After my two total hip replacements I still have chronic pain due to having avascular necrosis. I rely on Celebrex to literally allow me to be able to walk. I received some samples in 2006 following my second surgery. My doctor at that time had enough samples so that I was taking them on a regular basis. Only after a short period without them did we realize to what extent they were helping me. I sincerely believe that I could not live a normal life without the Celebrex. It scares me to think that one day I may not be able to get it due to not being able to afford it. My co-pay is $60.00 for Celebrex every month and it is hard to do. I tell anyone I can what Celebrex has done for me, with absolutely no side effects.

March 15, 2011 3:29 AM

Review by Matt in NC:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Have been on Celebrex for a year. Initially for TMJ issues, then picked up mild-to-moderate rheumatoid arthritis last summer. Been on it continuously except for a couple month long steroid regimens. I wouldn't call it a miracle medicine, but it knocks my inflammation and pain back about 60%. Certainly not as effective as the steroid, but 60% is enough to keep me fully functional and unlike the steroid, I have minimal to zero side effects with it.

March 14, 2011 9:15 PM

Review by Callianne:

For Osteoarthritis: I envy the people who have had success with Celebrex. I need both knees replaced for osteoarthritis, and I also have pain in my back, neck, elbows, hips and wrists. I've been on Celebrex for 6 or 7 years. When I first used it, it used to make me very dizzy. But it NEVER ever relieved any pain for me! I always had to pop multiple Tylenol, Motrin or Advil to supplement, in order to get even minimum relief. My doctor put me on Arthrotec today, and I am really hoping for success. If that doesn't work, he's going to try me on Tylenol-3 (codeine-based).

March 2, 2011 7:01 PM

For Pain: Prescribed for back pain caused by crushed vertebra (I am trying to avoid surgery as long as possible). After three days of taking Celebrex I bent over for the first time in two years without nursing my back. I was amazed and thrilled. However, on the fifth day I noticed I had broken out in small rashes all over and was forced to discontinue taking it.

February 19, 2011 11:52 PM

Caused severe stomach upset - a trip to the emergency department was necessary.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2011 4:44 PM

Review by 32yrold woman:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: About a year ago I started having symptoms of RA (seronegative). I started on prednisone 20mg which helped somewhat but I was having flare ups in the ankles and hands. Finally got switched to Celebrex because the pain and swelling were not going away. 200mg daily - all I can say is it's been like night and day since I started taking it - less pain, less swelling, better days!

January 21, 2011 2:24 PM

For Osteoarthritis: This is the only medicine which helps with my osteoarthritis pain.

January 17, 2011 2:28 PM

Review by ktl682:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I've been taking it for 2 months, 200 mg daily. The first 2 weeks were great, all pain was gone. The pain gradually came back and I had so many flare ups even when I was taking it. My doctor just gave me Prednisone 20 mg daily to combine with Celebrex. I started yesterday and most of the pain has gone, however, my doctor advised not to take Prednisone for more than one week in order to prevent having the serious side effects, such as bone problems.

September 23, 2010 10:34 AM