User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 11 reviews 360 medications

Pain 37 reviews 917 medications

7.1
Period Pain 1 reviews 82 medications

4.7
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Celebrex reviews 90 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Celebrex

Review by summer60:

For Osteoarthritis: I have osteoarthritis, primarily in my hands. On and off over the past 8 years, I've used Celebrex for flare-ups and can feel pain-free almost immediately! It is a miracle for any and all of my aches & pains. No negative side effects for me either. The only part is it's expense but today I found several websites that offer coupons for it.

June 14, 2013 11:46 PM

Review by LJ 66 years of age, female (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoarthritis: I was given some samples of Celebrex from my physician for wrist and hand pain. After I took the second capsule of 200 mg, I awoke in the night with an extremely bad headache, had the chills, aching muscles, runny nose and a dry hacking cough. I stopped taking the pills, but as my symptoms persisted, I believed I had the flu. Three weeks later, I again tried Celebrex and on the second day of taking the pills, I was again stricken with chills, a headache, nausea and the runny nose. These symptoms have stayed with me for the past three days.

February 13, 2013 10:56 AM

Review by DMayo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: I had great relief of the pain issue but I gained 40 pounds in 3 months. My weight has been stable for 15 years until I began gaining weight overnight. The sudden weight gain is worse than the initial pain so I have discontinued taking Celebrex.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2013 9:32 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was given Celebrex for arthritis in my knee. After taking it for about two weeks I started to notice not only was my knee better and I was able to resume all of my normal activities with no pain but my foot that I had been suffering from planter fasciitis for two and a half years was finally not hurting. I had been through every treatment and three different foot doctors with no relief at all. Celebrex is by far the best medicine I have taken it has given me back my life in more ways then one.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2013 10:59 PM

Review by Kaylenmar (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: I am a 76 year old female and have been taking Celebrex on and off for many years. When my arthritis gives me pain I take it for about 2 or 3 weeks and the pain is gone. Right now I have been taking it everyday for the last 3 months because I need a knee replacement and I am practically free of pain. I highly recommend Celebrex for any kind of pain. I have had no side effects.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2013 10:55 AM

Review by bronxie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: This medicine is really great for pain. Down side makes my blood pressure rise.

December 31, 2012 2:09 AM

Review by experienced8585 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Osteoarthritis: Very expensive but worth it. I've have football knees and a bad back. This cleans up the stiffness and gets things circulating. Eat right after you take it. I have been taking this for years and I'd be lost without it.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2012 5:49 PM

Review by biggulp:

For Pain: A few years before I went through menopause. I used to have incredible pain, headache and felt like my Lymph Nodes were going to burst out of my throat 3 days before my menstruation and when I started to take this it worked totally. I had tried all kinds of pain killers but nothing made any difference. My doctor had prescribed it for my back pain originally. So one day I decided to try take it for my menstrual pain and was amazed that it worked so well for my Lymph Nodes and headache as well.

October 31, 2012 10:55 AM

Review by Lazy_E (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Osteoarthritis: This is the only medicine that works for me. I have tried many many others with no effect. I have MS and in pain all the time. Arthritis in my spine is very painful, and this really helps me.

October 8, 2012 2:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Didn't do much for me.

September 23, 2012 10:22 PM

Review by slaytonchristy1967 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Pain: Did not help my back pain.

September 11, 2012 1:46 AM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: After a year of back pain this is a miracle, except for indigestion and gastric discomfort after a week of use. I take medicine to minimize the indigestion.

June 28, 2012 6:25 PM

Review by mystic 50 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I have had back pain (mid-back and shoulder and neck pain) for 10 years or more everyday. I have had 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder. I have massages every month and go to the chiropractor when it is bad. I finally caved in and went to the doctor and got Celebrex 200mg once a day, and Omega 3. I have taken it for 10 days now and have never felt better. I cannot believe I have no pain. Why did I wait so long? I am 50 years old.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2012 8:21 PM

For Pain: I commenced Celebrex 100mgs twice a day following shoulder surgery. Aided freer movement but causing increased restlessness and reflux.

January 29, 2012 3:24 AM

Review by SkepticJ:

For Osteoarthritis: I have severe osteoarthritis of the right knee and was facing a certain total knee replacement. As a "last resort" for pain relief, I tried Celebrex 200 mg. For about two months, there was no impact on pain or improved knee function. Then (as if by magic), the constant pain went away and my knee function returned to just about normal. I now have the ability to exercise and move like the whole thing never happened! I'm certainly glad I stuck with the medication, as it's been "almost a miracle". Now, I have to decide whether to proceed with knee replacement, or will Celebrex buy me a few more years.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2011 1:11 PM

For Osteoarthritis: I need a new knee and get Synvisc shots every 6 months. Not so much pain, but often uncomfortable and the knee is very useless after about 4 months. Found Celebrex and took it. As package said, it took a couple of weeks to do much, but then woke up pain free one morning. Amazing. I have a very stressful job though and seem to have developed a heart condition. Did Celebrex contribute? I do not know, but have discontinued its use.

September 26, 2011 5:50 AM

For Pain: I've had two bad knee surgeries and was left option-less by my orthopedist so I left and went to a pain doctor. I was prescribed Celebrex after trying nearly all the other NSAIDs and have taken it for 6 months. I'm not painless, but it has worked miracles from where I was, and I know when I've forgotten to take it.

August 15, 2011 11:01 PM

Review by auntniknik:

For Osteoarthritis: For pain and swelling of my joints it worked the best, but my blood pressure went up and heart disease runs in my family. I wish I could have continued taking it.

August 14, 2011 6:30 PM

For Osteoarthritis: A very good medicine that works for my knee pain, sometimes I do have to top it up with Tylenol Arthritis. All in all I recommend it for osteoarthritis.

July 28, 2011 5:55 PM

For Pain: I started having extreme joint pain almost overnight and was like that for over 2 weeks. The Doctor put me on Celebrex, 2 pills 2 times a day for 5 days with 1 pill once a day since. I feel so much better and no side effects, not even an upset stomach. I'm so happy there is a pain medication that is not a steroid or narcotic.

June 27, 2011 5:50 PM

For Pain: I have a disc protrusion at c4-5 and c5-6 which causes a narrowing in the foriminal which causes nerve root pain. In May of 2009 I was in excruciating pain and through the advice of my chiropractor he suggested that I mention to my spine specialist the medication Celebrex. My specialist said let's give it a try, and WOW what a miracle. I went from extreme pain, I wasn't even able to sleep on my left side, couldn't walk due to pain running down from my shoulder to my left thumb. I couldn't even bend to shave my legs. Well other than a little stomach irritation in the beginning, I have little to no pain. My insurance picks up the price of the medicine with me having to pay a nominal copay of $45.00. I can now exercise, ride my bike.

June 20, 2011 2:08 PM

Review by SuzyG:

For Osteoarthritis: I don't like using medicines at all, especially long-term, but Celebrex did tame my symptoms enough for me to be able to pursue other therapies. It wasn't perfect. I still limped and had some pain and stiffness issues but it made a world of difference. I am now off of it, and have taken a big hit in my flexibility and mobility.

June 13, 2011 1:33 PM

Review by fl1:

For Osteoarthritis: I woke up one morning unable to walk and in horrible pain after a day out walking on the board walk. I took everything I could think of. Finally took Celebrex and within one hour the pain was gone.

June 6, 2011 4:53 AM

For Pain: On 400 mg a day and it works great in regards to my synovitis pain in all my joints that my lupus causes. No side effects after taking it for two months. I prefer taking this over prednisone any day.

June 4, 2011 2:02 PM

For Pain: I have a 50% compression fracture of my L1 and Celebrex is the only thing that will alleviate the pain. Unfortunately it upsets my stomach.

March 25, 2011 10:10 PM