User Reviews for Omnicef

Learn more about Omnicef.

Omnicef Review Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 103 medications used in the treatment of Otitis Media.

Reviews for Omnicef to treat Otitis Media

"My daughter has had over 6 ear infections, only being 22 months old. She took amox for all of them but it just didn't work. Dr gave her cefdinir (however it's spelt), and I'm pretty sure it hasn't worked.... Gives her red diarrhea, and horrible diaper rash, and she itches that area quite a bit.... She's getting tubes put in next week so hopefully that ends this horror!!"

Mandi67 June 13, 2015

"This is my first time taking this medicine. I was diagnosed with bronchitis and ear infection. I was told to take probiotics to prevent any diarrhea. I have not had any side effects. I'm feeling much better."

Anonymous November 9, 2011

"My son has taken this before and it worked fine. My 17 month old daughter was just prescribed this after amoxicillin didn't take care of her ear infection. After 4 days, her gums swelled up really bad, became bright red and then started bleeding on the 5 day. She also developed diarrhea. I immediately took her back and they put her on Zithromax. I think we are finally on something that will work for her. My son can take this medication, but my daughter can't."

Anonymous November 7, 2011

"I have taken this several times for ear infections. I am currently taking for a Strep infection and it has always done great by me with minimal side effects. I recommend."

jwbigtex July 3, 2011

"My daughter, who was 14 months at the time, had a severe reaction to this medication after being prescribed for 3rd ear infection in a year. She actually got worse and had severe side effects (aside from the gastrointestinal as mentioned by others) including vomiting, continued high fever and by the end of the second day - hives. I list it as a drug allergy now on all her medical paperwork."

Anonymous November 6, 2010

"This is the only antibiotic I will request for both of my children when they have ear infections. It is a one dose a day medicine that begins working very quickly and clears the infection. Diarrhea is a side effect, but can be controlled with diet and limiting dairy."

Anonymous June 21, 2010

"I'm adult woman with fluid buildup. This medicine cleared up the infection but the fluid is still there. Moderate side effects of nausea. On to something else..."

Anonymous March 24, 2010

"My daughter is 11 months and has taken Omnicef for 4 days now. Using it for bilateral ear infection. She has spit up a few times but is feeling a whole lot better. No other side effects. Hopefully she will keep getting better. Only time will tell. Definitely would recommend this antibiotic."

future rn February 13, 2010

"I was prescribed Omnicef for a sinus infection that caused fluid to collect behind my inner ear. It worked great for the first 6 days. Somewhere around the 7th day I developed terrible vaginal itching. Worse than anything I have ever experienced before. As soon as I stopped taking it the itching went away within 2 days. "

Anonymous January 29, 2010

"My son had an ear infection and the doctor always gives amoxicillin first and it never works he always has to get Omnicef and then he starts getting better, he does have light diarrhea occasionally but nothing too horrible. I've had an ear infection myself and I was sick for 2 weeks before I went to the doctor. Thought I had a bad cold but when it just wouldn't go away found I had fluid build up in my ear. They prescribed Omnicef and it worked. I didn't have any diarrhea even though I already have severe IBS! I'd definitely recommend it."

Jennilynne82 January 1, 2010

"My daughters have been on this for three days for an ear infection. It is not working, they are still running 103 and 104 fevers. Called doctor they are calling in something different."

mother of twins October 16, 2009

"My 2 year old has been on this medication for 4 days and yesterday started having severe diarrhea. Her little bottom is raw from it. I have immediately called her doctor to have this medicine changed. Apparently she cannot tolerate it."

Anonymous October 15, 2009

"This drug started working but gave me the worst case of diarrhea. Very hard on the gastrointestinal tract."

Anonymous August 21, 2009

"Cured the ear infection but caused horrible diarrhea that continued for a while after stopping it, for 14 month old daughter. Very harsh on the digestive system. "

Anonymous August 19, 2009

"My 11 month old was treated with Omnicef for ear infection but it did not work. No side effects, just ineffective for her."

Anonymous April 13, 2009

"My son who just turned one year old was prescribed this medication after 2 medications prior did not work to cure his ear infection. I was skeptical of using this medication at first but after the desired result was achieved I certainly do not regret it."

Anonymous April 13, 2009

"My infant had an ear infection and we tried 3 other antibiotics that didn't work. We were about to get referred to a specialist when we tried Omnicef and it worked."

Anonymous January 22, 2009