User Reviews for Omnicef

Learn more about Omnicef.

Pneumonia 1 reviews 191 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Omnicef reviews 35 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Omnicef

Review by JACKTHEBEAR (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Cleared my symptoms in 24 hours after 2 days in the hospital with levaquin iv, which did nothing.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Worked very well for severe sinus infection.

March 8, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by t.i.g:

For Sinusitis: Fantastic at clearing the sinus infection. I'm on day 4 and it's almost completely gone. The first two days were miraculous. But then. Starting day 3 ... My stomach and intestines are rumbling almost constantly and I'm "pooping" brown water 5+ times a day. I'm also utterly exhausted and weak, making it virtually impossible to actually do anything. If this gets much worse, I'm going to have to stop using this before the 10-day course runs out.

November 2, 2013 1:32 PM

Review by tracy1265:

For Pneumonia: Precribed 10 days for pneumonia. 7th day presented the worst yeast infection. 35 yo female, otherwise healthy. Discontinued medication and pneumonia has not returned after 21 days.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2013 5:05 AM

Review by AnxietyBomb (taken for less than 1 month):

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Wonderful antibiotic did not have any side effects whatsoever. It also cleared my tonsil infection.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 2:18 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Good experience with this antibiotic no diarrhea, or any other side effects unlike amoxicillin and others. It is also working excellently on clearing my tonsils.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2012 4:52 PM

Review by Stardust Steve:

For Bronchitis: Within 36 hrs symptoms started to subside. Had no side effects with stomach (take with food). I suffer from bronchitis about twice a year. This medication was much more effective than Z-packs, Amoxicillin, or Cipro. I started getting mild headaches around day 4, Felt better but didn't clear up cough and wheezing.

February 7, 2012 1:24 AM

Review by surgery bound:

For Sinusitis: Today is day 6 of this medicine and it just isn't working. I would have thought that I would have some kind of relief by now, but not.

January 9, 2012 9:33 AM

For Strep Throat: Omnicef worked but it took until the 5th day on it to finally feel a tiny bit better. I had some side effects and my throat hurt so bad I couldn't sleep for three nights. I saw no visual difference until the 9th day. It almost looked as if on my third day it had gotten worse.

December 12, 2011 4:19 PM

For Otitis Media: This is my first time taking this medicine. I was diagnosed with bronchitis and ear infection. I was told to take probiotics to prevent any diarrhea. I have not had any side effects. I'm feeling much better.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2011 5:57 AM

For Otitis Media: My son has taken this before and it worked fine. My 17 month old daughter was just prescribed this after amoxicillin didn't take care of her ear infection. After 4 days, her gums swelled up really bad, became bright red and then started bleeding on the 5 day. She also developed diarrhea. I immediately took her back and they put her on Zithromax. I think we are finally on something that will work for her. My son can take this medication, but my daughter can't.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2011 9:26 AM

Review by laurie69:

For Bronchitis: It cleared me right up, stopped coughing like over night. I am also on methylpredisolone and inhaler.

September 9, 2011 8:08 AM

Review by jwbigtex:

For Otitis Media: I have taken this several times for ear infections. I am currently taking for a Strep infection and it has always done great by me with minimal side effects. I recommend.

July 3, 2011 6:32 AM

For Sinusitis: 300mg 2 x day for 7 days prescribed for Sinusitis. I think I may have felt like I was getting slightly better the 2nd and 3rd day but after that it went back to the same as before. No adverse side effects, just didn't seem to work.

March 25, 2011 2:10 PM

For Sinusitis: I've only been on it 2 days, but so far so good! I feel much better, cough is gone, and no side effects. Will use again if I need it.

December 21, 2010 9:46 PM

For Otitis Media: My daughter, who was 14 months at the time, had a severe reaction to this medication after being prescribed for 3rd ear infection in a year. She actually got worse and had severe side effects (aside from the gastrointestinal as mentioned by others) including vomiting, continued high fever and by the end of the second day - hives. I list it as a drug allergy now on all her medical paperwork.

November 6, 2010 6:52 PM

Review by EmmiB-G:

For Sinusitis: I have taken many, many times for my chronic sinus infections and it seems to be the only thing that ever gets rid of the infection. I do get stomach aches from it, and nausea but it does what it's supposed to.

August 5, 2010 1:07 PM

For Otitis Media: This is the only antibiotic I will request for both of my children when they have ear infections. It is a one dose a day medicine that begins working very quickly and clears the infection. Diarrhea is a side effect, but can be controlled with diet and limiting dairy.

June 21, 2010 9:51 AM

Review by mayte123:

For Sinusitis: This antibiotic was the best for my sinus infection.

June 20, 2010 3:13 AM

For Otitis Media: I'm adult woman with fluid buildup. This medicine cleared up the infection but the fluid is still there. Moderate side effects of nausea. On to something else...

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2010 11:58 AM

Review by future rn:

For Otitis Media: My daughter is 11 months and has taken Omnicef for 4 days now. Using it for bilateral ear infection. She has spit up a few times but is feeling a whole lot better. No other side effects. Hopefully she will keep getting better. Only time will tell. Definitely would recommend this antibiotic.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2010 6:52 PM

For Otitis Media: I was prescribed Omnicef for a sinus infection that caused fluid to collect behind my inner ear. It worked great for the first 6 days. Somewhere around the 7th day I developed terrible vaginal itching. Worse than anything I have ever experienced before. As soon as I stopped taking it the itching went away within 2 days.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2010 12:36 PM

Review by Jennilynne82:

For Otitis Media: My son had an ear infection and the doctor always gives amoxicillin first and it never works he always has to get Omnicef and then he starts getting better, he does have light diarrhea occasionally but nothing too horrible. I've had an ear infection myself and I was sick for 2 weeks before I went to the doctor. Thought I had a bad cold but when it just wouldn't go away found I had fluid build up in my ear. They prescribed Omnicef and it worked. I didn't have any diarrhea even though I already have severe IBS! I'd definitely recommend it.

January 1, 2010 4:29 AM

Review by mother of twins:

For Otitis Media: My daughters have been on this for three days for an ear infection. It is not working, they are still running 103 and 104 fevers. Called doctor they are calling in something different.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2009 10:21 PM

For Otitis Media: My 2 year old has been on this medication for 4 days and yesterday started having severe diarrhea. Her little bottom is raw from it. I have immediately called her doctor to have this medicine changed. Apparently she cannot tolerate it.

October 15, 2009 2:25 PM