User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Bupropion Review Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Reviews for Bupropion to treat Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced

"i been on celexa on the past totally kill my libido nothing work down there get soft mostly time doc chance to welbutrim hcl xl 150 it really help increase my libido never get soft l guess get the job done for me plus keep me motivated"

Anonimo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 15, 2015

"I'm 25 male I've been taking this med for two months now and it is getting harder and harder (or should I softer) to keep an erection. Mid sex I'll just go soft. I'm 25 and my sex drive before this was in extreme over drive. Now it's almost nothing.I think I'd rather be depressed with working parts than happy and the sex not working"

mad moody May 4, 2015

"Took the medication for a while. Worked well for depression and overall well being, but I did notice it killed my ability to get a solid erection and sex drive was reduced. This trickled into performance anxiety. Trying to figure out how to overcome that now has made things worse for me."

Peter Piper (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

"I have tried several anti-depressants and this is the only one that has not taken away my libido or inability to reach orgasm. No libido can cause depression, the whole point of taking these medications. I have not mixed Bupropion with an SSRI so I can't give an opinion on the two together and how they interact on sexual issues or lack of. So for those wondering (men especially) this medication will give you energy and NOT affect your sex life negatively."

Druskee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2013

"Male 59, in excellent health no prior problems. Started taking bupropion 3 weeks ago as adjunct to citalopram. Seems to have improved my mood, but for the past 2 weeks I have not been able to achieve orgasm. Erections are fine, just now cannot get to the happy ending. I am stopping this medicine."

No Nick (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2013

"I started taking this medication for depression and as a side effect found that it took away my desire for sex. I feel like I never needed it to begin with. I am happily married but now I wonder if that desire is going to return as strong as it was there before. I'm taking vitamin supplements and hope they will eventually do something. I'm wondering at this point if I am in the very few minorities who experience lack of sex drive as a side effect."

Idontgetit (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2013

Wellbutrin (bupropion): "I was put on 150 mg of Wellbutrin twice a day. It has completely helped my depression and amped up my sex life. Things could not be better. Our sex life has always been amazing but without the depression in the way its even better."

lovin it in cali September 25, 2011

"After being on Lexapro for 6 months I had lost all desire for sex and it felt like a chore that sometimes could not be completed. Did I mention I am male and my wife is amazing. Anyway, I felt missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures and the intimacy missing in my marriage was no longer tolerable. I spoke to my doctor and started Bupropion. After about 3 weeks I began having sexual desires that had been missing. Sexual focus returned to my whole body in a lose your breath- heart skip a beat- sort of way. I may someday give up the Lexapro (20) but I am not sure I am ready and outside of the sexual side effect I have to give it credit for doing wonders for me."

boniver July 22, 2011

Wellbutrin (bupropion): "I was put on 100mg Wellbutrin for PMDD issues, and stayed on it for about three years. I ended up having many side effects, such as added anxiety, horrible headaches, and constipation. Also lost some weight. However, the mood swings stopped, and I have to say sex was never better. Added to my sexual response for sure, and I really miss that part. If not for the constipation and heart flutters, I would have stayed with it."

Anonymous October 23, 2010

Wellbutrin (bupropion): "Has always worked for me. Zero sexual side effects. "

Anonymous April 27, 2010