User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Bupropion review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Reviews for Bupropion to treat Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced

Review by Druskee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have tried several anti-depressants and this is the only one that has not taken away my libido or inability to reach orgasm. No libido can cause depression, the whole point of taking these medications. I have not mixed Bupropion with an SSRI so I can't give an opinion on the two together and how they interact on sexual issues or lack of. So for those wondering (men especially) this medication will give you energy and NOT affect your sex life negatively.

September 4, 2013 3:43 AM

Review by No Nick (taken for less than 1 month):

Male 59, in excellent health no prior problems. Started taking bupropion 3 weeks ago as adjunct to citalopram. Seems to have improved my mood, but for the past 2 weeks I have not been able to achieve orgasm. Erections are fine, just now cannot get to the happy ending. I am stopping this medicine.

February 2, 2013 10:22 PM

Review by Idontgetit (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started taking this medication for depression and as a side effect found that it took away my desire for sex. I feel like I never needed it to begin with. I am happily married but now I wonder if that desire is going to return as strong as it was there before. I'm taking vitamin supplements and hope they will eventually do something. I'm wondering at this point if I am in the very few minorities who experience lack of sex drive as a side effect.

January 15, 2013 11:07 AM

Review by lovin it in cali:

Wellbutrin (bupropion): I was put on 150 mg of Wellbutrin twice a day. It has completely helped my depression and amped up my sex life. Things could not be better. Our sex life has always been amazing but without the depression in the way its even better.

September 25, 2011 12:38 AM

Review by boniver:

After being on Lexapro for 6 months I had lost all desire for sex and it felt like a chore that sometimes could not be completed. Did I mention I am male and my wife is amazing. Anyway, I felt missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures and the intimacy missing in my marriage was no longer tolerable. I spoke to my doctor and started Bupropion. After about 3 weeks I began having sexual desires that had been missing. Sexual focus returned to my whole body in a lose your breath- heart skip a beat- sort of way. I may someday give up the Lexapro (20) but I am not sure I am ready and outside of the sexual side effect I have to give it credit for doing wonders for me.

July 22, 2011 8:18 PM

Wellbutrin (bupropion): I was put on 100mg Wellbutrin for PMDD issues, and stayed on it for about three years. I ended up having many side effects, such as added anxiety, horrible headaches, and constipation. Also lost some weight. However, the mood swings stopped, and I have to say sex was never better. Added to my sexual response for sure, and I really miss that part. If not for the constipation and heart flutters, I would have stayed with it.

October 23, 2010 11:25 PM

Wellbutrin (bupropion): Has always worked for me. Zero sexual side effects.

April 27, 2010 9:53 AM