User Reviews for Bromocriptine

Also known as: Cycloset, Parlodel

Learn more about Bromocriptine.

Diabetes, Type 2 0 reviews 119 medications

Tardive Dyskinesia 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bromocriptine reviews 10 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Bromocriptine

Review by trained2servejc:

For Hyperprolactinemia: I was prescribed Bromocriptine, as it seems to be the only available medication for treatment of high prolactin levels caused by my pituitary brain tumor. Unfortunately within a couple of weeks I was unable to stay awake for any length of time, even at the lowest dose possible. Although my prolactin levels did come down briefly and I had one menstrual period after 6 weeks, I had to stop taking the medication because of the Severe Chronic Fatigue caused by the bromocriptine. I have since tried it 3 times in the past 5 years out of desperation and have had the same result each time. I simply can't function within 2 weeks of starting the medication. I'm desperate to have a semblance of my life back and available medications are limited at best!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2013 3:16 PM

Review by bukky (taken for 10 years or more):

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: This medication has helped me with my battle with infertility. With it, I have had two successful pregnancies, though with minimal side effects. So much happy to become a parent after six years of infertility. It had also helped me with a benign tumor in my brain, and I think I'm a normal woman now. I was initially placed on half the tablet a day but later increased to 1 and 1/2 a day, with series of blood tests and MRI scans. It really helped and I'm still using it with routine checkups.

June 6, 2013 6:21 AM

Review by T17 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Hyperprolactinemia: I've been taking bromocriptine since I was 18 I'm now 38. It has successfully reduced the size of my tumor and lowered my prolactin levels to a normal range. Any attempt to reduce or stop taking it causes the tumor to increase in size and as a result my prolactin rises. I have Raynauds and yes I would agree bromocriptine does make it slightly worse but it's manageable. I've had nausea but only if I've taken my dose on an empty stomach which I've learned to avoid. Overall I'm happy with this medication and have no issues taking it daily and experience only a few of the side effects none of which would make me stop taking it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2013 3:00 PM

Review by narcia:

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: After three months on Parlodel my doctor took me off. Experienced very little symptoms now and Prolactin levels are normal. My cycle returned to 28 days for the first time in years. Hopefully things will get better.

March 27, 2012 9:03 AM

Review by narcia:

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: I have been taking Parlodel now for 2 months. At first dizzness and headaches then they passed. I have also noticed changes in my cycle it has become more normal 28 days from 35/40 days. I now notice my ankles and feet swelling now after 2 months on Parlodel..but what is funny about it occurs during my cycle.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2012 5:40 PM

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: I have been taking this medication for 1 month and prolactin levels dropped from over 3000 to 1500, still high though and I only take 2.5mg a day. Side effects are bad, I can't work due to dizziness and fatigue. Doctor wants to stop this medication and start with another because I can't unfortunately cope with it.

January 25, 2012 12:44 PM

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: In just 1 year my Prolactonoma tumor has shrunk 2mm. I did experience nasal stuffiness for the 1st 6 months of taking this medication.

March 15, 2011 11:28 PM

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: My menstrual cycle also returned after just one month on Parlodel, however the side effects of migraines, dizziness, shifts between drowsiness and over-alertness were problematic. When my vision became distorted, unfortunately, I had to stop the medication.

January 23, 2011 5:44 PM

Review by yvette flo nyc:

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: I've been using parlodel for many years to treat high prolactin levels and it has been a success! My levels dropped. I feel normal again.

February 4, 2010 8:54 PM

Review by Cedar City UT:

Parlodel (bromocriptine) for Hyperprolactinemia: I have been using 7.5 mg Parlodel for 4 months now and my menstrual cycle is back to normal. I will have blood tests done in June to see if my Prolactin levels have decreased but I am sure they have. I don't have any known side effects from it either.

April 23, 2008 12:51 PM