User Reviews for Pylera

Learn more about Pylera.

Pylera Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection.

Reviews for Pylera to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

"I finished my 10 days dose of the medication, and nothing changed. I still have the stomach bloated and same old same old intestinal problems as before. Not sure why my doctor gave it to me for 10 days, but it was useless."

Bloated_belly January 19, 2016

"I'm on day 5. This has been hard to go through but I think it's doable so far. For me it was hard to eat a full meal and then take 3 pills consecutively after. It was easier to eat a little, take 1 pill, wait 10-15 min, eat again, take another pill, then wait untill all 3 pills are gone. It was easier on my stomach and increased the amount I ate. As far as symptoms, I've experienced them all. Fruit, apple sauce, Cheerios and veggie sandwiches worked best for me. Get the apple sauce in the little pouches, you can recap them if you get full. I am 18 year old, 5'6", 120 lb female in case that means anything to anyone."

Canileavenow January 10, 2016

"I'm now in day 6 I start every day with an headache - 2 pills of panadol solve that pain, nothing much every things normal, I had suffering from that bacteria all my 20 years pass so I hope that pylera will work for me, I just need to know is smoking okay while I'm taking pylera? and what kind of food that help that medicines to be more effective?"

Omarov December 26, 2015

"Hi. I took pylera one month back. I got the results and it is negative. I am feeling much better than before. This medicine helped me a lot. Please try to take this course completely."

Kumar44. Delaware November 19, 2015

"I took Pylera in 2012. About 5 or 6 days into the meds I had stomach pains so severe I was taken to the ER by family. The pain was in stomach and side - hip area. I was in ER for hours and was given an initial pain killer which was ineffective. The Dr. finally told me - we're going to give you one that is Lindsey Lohan's favorite....that did the trick and I finally felt relief. I have to say the pain I was in was worst that that of child labor as I've experienced both. They told me to stop taking the meds as there could be a connection. I stopped taking and sure enough never had that kind of severe pain again. Since the event 3yrs ago, I have permanent numbness in my hip. Nerve damage is listed as a common side effect."

hkam October 29, 2015

"Day six. Watery stools. Loss of appetite. Shaky. Brain fritz. Sunburn. ( own fault, should have known better) food tastes odd. Tired and have nausea. Hope this works. My insides Sound like two cats fighting in a burlap bag."

Kellog September 17, 2015

"Am now on day four, with absolutely no side effects... guess I'm a fortunate one. I have H. pylori, but have been asymptomatic, so don't know yet if it's working... will have to see how the post-medication test turns out."

Bobaloo6 September 11, 2015

"I felt my body go through a shock and I felt a few side effects which I freaked but it disappear immediately. My advice drink at least 16 ounces of water with your pills and make sure you eat something ...the color of stool changed to a dark metallic color - but I feel better. The medicine is working."

ac49 September 6, 2015

"Was prescribed this after positive ID of h.pylori from endoscopy biopsy. 10 days / 12 pills a day. Not gonna lie it was rough. Side effects included dizziness, upset stomach, nausea for me. Within 10mins of ingestion the effects could be felt. I made sure to eat a full meal to help lessen the effects. Even at bedtime. Sometimes no effects other times strong effects. But got through the 10 days. After taking it still had residual side effects for another 2 days on/off. Then finally on day 3 returned to normal. Need to do the re-test in 1mo so not sure if it worked to kill the bacteria for good. I won't lie I almost stopped taking it in the middle of treatment but kept telling myself this has to be done and I cannot stop!"

TumGERD (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

"My first treatment failed and the 2nd included this medication which ultimately killed the infection. Yes, it's very strong and I was wiped out but I did not have any side affects."

Penguin40 July 19, 2015

"This is my fourth time trying to eradicate the bacteria and had never been given pylera. after reading people's stories I was horrified to take this medication. Let me tell you it has been the hardest medication I have ever taken. I had vomiting, diharrea, and every side effect. I am now on day 10 and could not be any happier.The mind is powerful so keep positive and finish. I will update if it worked."

Anonymous July 16, 2015

"Pylera eradicated my H Pylori infection. Apparently, I had a horrible case for many years, and this worked. I had tried other drugs in the past, and nothing worked until this. It's rough though! I think I had every side effect and the 9th day was the worst, but you have to push through! My tricks - eating larger meals before taking it, and yes, you will always feel bloated and full. Also, sucking on fruit flavored Tic Tacs helped the nausea. Something I learned - sugar, caffeine, chocolate and salt feed this bacteria, so I tried to steer clear of these things. I heard vitamin C, grapefruit, and a probiotic, keep it away so I incorporated these into my diet -while taking Pylera. I had a pretty aggressive case, but it's gone!!"

Redrinx June 20, 2015

"had an endoscopy a few weeks ago for the main purpose of dilating the esophagus. I received a call a week later telling me about the H pylori so I began the regimen 7 days ago. Today has been the worst of the 7 days I am very dizzy and nauseous. I am never hungry so it's been difficult to force feed just to get the pills down. I have headaches and the metallic taste in my mouth. The two worse times are the lunch and dinner. I'm only 107 lbs so may just cut back a pill on my own pray that helps. I have neck pain and headaches but that could be due to a nerve block on the neck done 8 days ago. Will repost after the breathing test. I was told to stay away from Motrin which helps with my neck pain that's another aggravation. No bowel issues"

MessM103 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

"I had been experiencing sever stomach pain for about a year and a half that included nausea, stomach pain, always bloated, and pressure under my ribcage. Dr perform Urea Breath Test; tested positive for H. Plyri. I completed day 10 yesterday. I was lucky enough not experience any sever side effects. I did experience multiple migraines while on it and I always felt very tired. But just after taking the first full day of it, I definitely felt a difference. Today is my first day without having had taken them and I feel a 100 times better. I actually have an appetite! It's harsh and long and I wanted to give up, but in the end I thought it was worth it. Now to wait 4 weeks before I can get retested to ensure it's gone."

Mfaught26 June 10, 2015

"Never take this drug. There are other alternatives. I am on my 6th day and I have numbness in my hands, diarrhea, headaches, nausea, extreme fatigue and now I am breaking out in acne all over my body. Talk to your Dr about other alternatives. This is horrible beyond explanation."

Never Again NC67 May 31, 2015

"I wish that I did not take this horrible drug (pylera). I recently learned that taking raw turmeric would kill the bacteria. During the treatment I thought I was going to die. I absolutely had no energy. I was dizzy, nauseated, had no appetite. I could not take care my 3 kids. I could not work. I was in bed and counted down the days to finish the treatment. I was not able to finish the last dosage. 6 weeks later I went in for a breath test and sure enough the bacteria was eradicated but I am left with horrible symptoms. I believe this drugs have caused my body to be so weak that my chronic pain has aggravated, and my sensitive stomach has gotten worse. My stomach demands foods every 2-3 hours. I have gained so much weight."

I rather take raw tumeric to kill h pylori May 23, 2015

"Day 3 and these are the symptoms I've experienced: Dizziness, anxiety attacks, numbness in toes and fingers, joint pain, nasal congestion, metallic taste in mouth, funny stuffed ear sensation, paresthesia all over, dark stool, low blood sugar if I don't eat every 3 hours, loss of appetite, nausea, brain fog, eye pain, blurred vision, muscle weakness, back pain, malaise, funny feeling in the pit of my stomach, gas, belching, off balance, jaw pain, speech difficulty, irritation, agitation... I am praying that these symptoms will stop today. My doctor told me to tough it out. There must be a better treatment for H. Pylori."

Believe7777777 May 19, 2015

"I'm on day 4 and I can't wait until this is over. The dark runny stool, headaches. I'm over it. I don't like yogurt but if it'll help I'll try it! Note: if you feel the urge to pass gas - go to the bathroom asap."

navymomm14 May 14, 2015

"I tried Prevpac first but I had an allergic reaction and had to stop taking it halfway through the course. It seems to have cured me for a few years but more recently I had a GI h pylori reoccurance. I am taking Pylera and am on day 9. I have had very little side effects. In fact, I am feeling much better and my bowel movements are better as well. I did feel nausea and weakness on one day but I had barely eaten anything because lack of appetite. Advice: eat 4 healthy meals a day before I take the medication. Yogurt and probiotic in the morning and fruit.. Absolutely no coffee or acidic anything (vinagrettes, ketchup, tomato sauce, ) and no soda and anything sugary. No red meat and nothing too heavy or fatty. Hope this helps."

Roxy8228 May 7, 2015

"I am on day 8. Finally starting to feel some what normal again. This medicine has made me feel horrible. The first few days I was extremely agitated with crying bouts that are completely abnormal for me. My doctor told me that want a side effect, but I have seen several people mention the same issue. I still have a general feeling of being anxious and feeling ill. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and headaches have all been frequent. Stool is very black. Metallic taste and dry mouth. I can say eating well before each dose and drinking water seems to have helped. I wish my doctor had given me more information, so I was at least prepared. I won't know until 3 months if it works - for my breath test. If it works, I suppose it is worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

"Don't be afraid to take this medication. If you don't suffer from side effects from antibiotics, you will be fine with this one too. The only problem is that 10 days taking 12 pills a days is a long time and by the 8th days it feels that it would never end, but it was worth it . I am H pillory free now."

anonymous2016 April 6, 2015

"I am on my 7th day at Pylera and so far everything is good. Yes I feel a little bit tired, had a few headaches especially in the midfrontal head and I had the metallic taste every morning; however, I've been eating better. I had some diarrhea the first days and now my stools are better. It is annoying to take 12 pills at day and be on top of schedules. I also take probiotic yogurt even though my gastroenterologist did not told me about it. I hope this works. !!"

mamu/ca March 25, 2015

"Had hard time pretty much since second day. Some people stated you should eat first. Unfortunately, that makes me want to vomit after taking it. No diarrhea (I took probiotics and ate activia), but weird stools (very dark and frequent). I think my bowels are empty at this point. Appetite gone. Lost almost 10 pds. Difficulty sleeping due to nausea and gas pains. Threw up twice. Little energy. Headaches. Feeling stressed and somewhat depressed at times. Crying bouts in middle of night. What I described wasn't constant. It came and went throughout the day, but nights were hardest for some reason. Tomorrow is final day. Can you survive it? Yes. Is it hard? For sure. If h.pylori is gone, then it's worth it. Be strong."

sicktomystomach October 30, 2014

"I completed the 10 days of Pylera on September 18. The first few days were not too bad, though like others think, the sheer number of pills each day is Inconvenient and overwhelming---especially when you take other meds as well. On or about the 4th day, things changed. I was able to go to work, but the last 6 days were really hard: explosive diarrhea, headaches, bloat, gas, extreme fatigue, irritability, inexplicable crying bouts and loss of appetite. I felt a bit better the first few days after the medication was finished, but now one week later, I am still experiencing the side effects! I feel worse than when I started the meds. When does it stop? Please share experiences."

Mel me (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2014

"The first two days, I felt alright. I drank a lot of water with my doses. (About 16oz) On day three, I panicked because my urine was really dark and wasted a bunch of time in the ER to find nothing wrong with me but needing to drink a little more water that day. From day 4 till the very end, I felt exhausted and queasy in the mornings took forever to get motivated to do anything. Luckily, I'm on summer break! I read a lot on here that people took probiotics, but my pharmacist said that Calcium would interfere with absorption so I didn't. I eliminated all dairy to make sure there were no interferences. My last dose was yesterday morning and I have gas building up now- I'm guessing its from reintroducing the dairy into my diet?"

Erica s August 8, 2014

More about Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline)

Professional resources