User Reviews for Pylera

Learn more about Pylera.

Pylera Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection.

Reviews for Pylera to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

"So far its a day 4 and i wish my doctor would've told me about the side effects so that i could've been more prepared. I hate medication and this got to be the worse medication I've taken. Ive been feeling very loopy here and there, slightly nauseas. Hopefully it works."

Anonymous May 26, 2016

"I just finished 10 day. It was really hard. Tested positive for h.pylori after endoscopy, as well as, gastritis. No ulcers. Pylera really wrecked my stomach. Side effects for me: Metallic taste, nausea, dizziness, acid reflux, lack of appetite, excessive burping, sour stomach, gnawing gut, dark green stools. Recommend asking doctor for anti-nausea meds which helped a bit. Did not eat dairy, took probiotics everyday. Force feed yourself plain meals to help with meds. Also took omeprazole twice a day. Hope it gets better - so far I feel awful!"

Kelles (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

"I'm in day five and it is terrible. I have woke the last two nights with chest pain,side hurt, back pain and numbness in both arms.Went away in about a hour.Have the worst yeast infection of my life. I'm so tired most of the time.When I start to do anything I give out. Will be so glad when I finish. Will let you know how I do."

Cadence May 4, 2016

"First of all if you're on this site- step away from computer! Yes it's good to gather information but get it from a medical professional. Everyone is so different and no one responds the same way so why distress yourself with all the glom and doom scenarios of other people?i Did the regimen and did have 3 days where I felt real bad but after being sick as a dog for 6 wks from actual infection 3 bad days was a piece of cake."

Nlon (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

"Ok, I'm back to share my experience with Pylera. I completed a 10-day dose of 12 pills/day. Glad that I read reviews before begining or else the side effects would've concerned me. From. day 1, I experienced daily nausea even though I ate a small meal with each dose, had a slight headache for about 3 days, my feces turned blackish brown by day 3 & lost its stink! No kidding! I also felt a little off, i.e. a feeling not quite right & a little tired. I drank a lot of water with each dose just as stated. I wont know the results for another 2-3 weeks. In the mean time I am taking Omeprazol 2x daily & a Probiotic."

Marlew (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

"I just stumbled upon this site & gladly so. I recently had an endoscopy performed & the biopsy revealed H. Pylori bacteria. What the heck is that? How did I get it & how long have I had it? Thought I was having liver pain, no gall bladder issues, no a hyatial hernia, or pancreatitus! What I have is this creepy bacteria that has caused erosive ulcers in my stomach & duodenum area along with rings in my esophagus that have caused me to have spasms while swallowing. Then bloating and abdominal cramping began at the latest stage. The GI doc prescribed Pylera & I have now taken 2 doses with 28 more to go! Will let you all know how I do."

Marlew March 23, 2016

"This is my last day & after finished it still had residual side effects (hopefully it will work) "

Abdien February 28, 2016

"I finally got rid of H Pylori after completing Pylera in Dec 2015. This was after 2 courses of other antibiotics combo that failed to eradicate it. Before taking Pylera, I had read other reviews that were scary. I promised myself I would come back and review for others in similar situation. Please make sure you take a really good probiotic(taken at different time) and ask for an anti-nausea medication to offset/lessen the side effects; it will make taking Pylera much more doable."

Asianfemale (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

"I'm on day 9. Number one side effect for me has been inability to focus on one thought for more than a few seconds, which has affected my work. It really is a brain fogger! On day 5, the metallic taste/sour mouth was pretty awful all day, but it abated gradually over last few days. If I don't drink a lot of water (20 oz or more) with each dose, my urine is very dark, which is scary, but drinking more water does help. I agree with the comments that you should eat a full meal with each dose, even at bedtime. It is rough doing the schedule and getting in the food, water and pills four times a day. On a few days I had to set an alarm and get back up at midnight or 1 am to take the last dose. Stick with it, power through the 10 days."

H. Pylori Pummeler (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

"I finished my 10 days dose of the medication, and nothing changed. I still have the stomach bloated and same old same old intestinal problems as before. Not sure why my doctor gave it to me for 10 days, but it was useless."

Bloated_belly January 19, 2016

"I'm on day 5. This has been hard to go through but I think it's doable so far. For me it was hard to eat a full meal and then take 3 pills consecutively after. It was easier to eat a little, take 1 pill, wait 10-15 min, eat again, take another pill, then wait untill all 3 pills are gone. It was easier on my stomach and increased the amount I ate. As far as symptoms, I've experienced them all. Fruit, apple sauce, Cheerios and veggie sandwiches worked best for me. Get the apple sauce in the little pouches, you can recap them if you get full. I am 18 year old, 5'6", 120 lb female in case that means anything to anyone."

Canileavenow January 10, 2016

"I'm now in day 6 I start every day with an headache - 2 pills of panadol solve that pain, nothing much every things normal, I had suffering from that bacteria all my 20 years pass so I hope that pylera will work for me, I just need to know is smoking okay while I'm taking pylera? and what kind of food that help that medicines to be more effective?"

Omarov December 26, 2015

"Hi. I took pylera one month back. I got the results and it is negative. I am feeling much better than before. This medicine helped me a lot. Please try to take this course completely."

Kumar44. Delaware November 19, 2015

"I took Pylera in 2012. About 5 or 6 days into the meds I had stomach pains so severe I was taken to the ER by family. The pain was in stomach and side - hip area. I was in ER for hours and was given an initial pain killer which was ineffective. The Dr. finally told me - we're going to give you one that is Lindsey Lohan's favorite....that did the trick and I finally felt relief. I have to say the pain I was in was worst that that of child labor as I've experienced both. They told me to stop taking the meds as there could be a connection. I stopped taking and sure enough never had that kind of severe pain again. Since the event 3yrs ago, I have permanent numbness in my hip. Nerve damage is listed as a common side effect."

hkam October 29, 2015

"Day six. Watery stools. Loss of appetite. Shaky. Brain fritz. Sunburn. ( own fault, should have known better) food tastes odd. Tired and have nausea. Hope this works. My insides Sound like two cats fighting in a burlap bag."

Kellog September 17, 2015

"Am now on day four, with absolutely no side effects... guess I'm a fortunate one. I have H. pylori, but have been asymptomatic, so don't know yet if it's working... will have to see how the post-medication test turns out."

Bobaloo6 September 11, 2015

"I felt my body go through a shock and I felt a few side effects which I freaked but it disappear immediately. My advice drink at least 16 ounces of water with your pills and make sure you eat something ...the color of stool changed to a dark metallic color - but I feel better. The medicine is working."

ac49 September 6, 2015

"Was prescribed this after positive ID of h.pylori from endoscopy biopsy. 10 days / 12 pills a day. Not gonna lie it was rough. Side effects included dizziness, upset stomach, nausea for me. Within 10mins of ingestion the effects could be felt. I made sure to eat a full meal to help lessen the effects. Even at bedtime. Sometimes no effects other times strong effects. But got through the 10 days. After taking it still had residual side effects for another 2 days on/off. Then finally on day 3 returned to normal. Need to do the re-test in 1mo so not sure if it worked to kill the bacteria for good. I won't lie I almost stopped taking it in the middle of treatment but kept telling myself this has to be done and I cannot stop!"

TumGERD (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

"My first treatment failed and the 2nd included this medication which ultimately killed the infection. Yes, it's very strong and I was wiped out but I did not have any side affects."

Penguin40 July 19, 2015

"This is my fourth time trying to eradicate the bacteria and had never been given pylera. after reading people's stories I was horrified to take this medication. Let me tell you it has been the hardest medication I have ever taken. I had vomiting, diharrea, and every side effect. I am now on day 10 and could not be any happier.The mind is powerful so keep positive and finish. I will update if it worked."

Anonymous July 16, 2015

"Pylera eradicated my H Pylori infection. Apparently, I had a horrible case for many years, and this worked. I had tried other drugs in the past, and nothing worked until this. It's rough though! I think I had every side effect and the 9th day was the worst, but you have to push through! My tricks - eating larger meals before taking it, and yes, you will always feel bloated and full. Also, sucking on fruit flavored Tic Tacs helped the nausea. Something I learned - sugar, caffeine, chocolate and salt feed this bacteria, so I tried to steer clear of these things. I heard vitamin C, grapefruit, and a probiotic, keep it away so I incorporated these into my diet -while taking Pylera. I had a pretty aggressive case, but it's gone!!"

Redrinx June 20, 2015

"had an endoscopy a few weeks ago for the main purpose of dilating the esophagus. I received a call a week later telling me about the H pylori so I began the regimen 7 days ago. Today has been the worst of the 7 days I am very dizzy and nauseous. I am never hungry so it's been difficult to force feed just to get the pills down. I have headaches and the metallic taste in my mouth. The two worse times are the lunch and dinner. I'm only 107 lbs so may just cut back a pill on my own pray that helps. I have neck pain and headaches but that could be due to a nerve block on the neck done 8 days ago. Will repost after the breathing test. I was told to stay away from Motrin which helps with my neck pain that's another aggravation. No bowel issues"

MessM103 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

"I had been experiencing sever stomach pain for about a year and a half that included nausea, stomach pain, always bloated, and pressure under my ribcage. Dr perform Urea Breath Test; tested positive for H. Plyri. I completed day 10 yesterday. I was lucky enough not experience any sever side effects. I did experience multiple migraines while on it and I always felt very tired. But just after taking the first full day of it, I definitely felt a difference. Today is my first day without having had taken them and I feel a 100 times better. I actually have an appetite! It's harsh and long and I wanted to give up, but in the end I thought it was worth it. Now to wait 4 weeks before I can get retested to ensure it's gone."

Mfaught26 June 10, 2015

"Never take this drug. There are other alternatives. I am on my 6th day and I have numbness in my hands, diarrhea, headaches, nausea, extreme fatigue and now I am breaking out in acne all over my body. Talk to your Dr about other alternatives. This is horrible beyond explanation."

Never Again NC67 May 31, 2015

"I wish that I did not take this horrible drug (pylera). I recently learned that taking raw turmeric would kill the bacteria. During the treatment I thought I was going to die. I absolutely had no energy. I was dizzy, nauseated, had no appetite. I could not take care my 3 kids. I could not work. I was in bed and counted down the days to finish the treatment. I was not able to finish the last dosage. 6 weeks later I went in for a breath test and sure enough the bacteria was eradicated but I am left with horrible symptoms. I believe this drugs have caused my body to be so weak that my chronic pain has aggravated, and my sensitive stomach has gotten worse. My stomach demands foods every 2-3 hours. I have gained so much weight."

I rather take raw tumeric to kill h pylori May 23, 2015

Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline)

Professional resources