User Reviews for Pylera

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 35 reviews 60 medications

6.8
Summary of Pylera reviews 35 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Pylera

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I wish that I did not take this horrible drug (pylera). I recently learned that taking raw turmeric would kill the bacteria. During the treatment I thought I was going to die. I absolutely had no energy. I was dizzy, nauseated, had no appetite. I could not take care my 3 kids. I could not work. I was in bed and counted down the days to finish the treatment. I was not able to finish the last dosage. 6 weeks later I went in for a breath test and sure enough the bacteria was eradicated but I am left with horrible symptoms. I believe this drugs have caused my body to be so weak that my chronic pain has aggravated, and my sensitive stomach has gotten worse. My stomach demands foods every 2-3 hours. I have gained so much weight."

I rather take raw tumeric to kill h pylori May 23, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Day 3 and these are the symptoms I've experienced: Dizziness, anxiety attacks, numbness in toes and fingers, joint pain, nasal congestion, metallic taste in mouth, funny stuffed ear sensation, paresthesia all over, dark stool, low blood sugar if I don't eat every 3 hours, loss of appetite, nausea, brain fog, eye pain, blurred vision, muscle weakness, back pain, malaise, funny feeling in the pit of my stomach, gas, belching, off balance, jaw pain, speech difficulty, irritation, agitation... I am praying that these symptoms will stop today. My doctor told me to tough it out. There must be a better treatment for H. Pylori."

Believe7777777 May 19, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm on day 4 and I can't wait until this is over. The dark runny stool, headaches. I'm over it. I don't like yogurt but if it'll help I'll try it! Note: if you feel the urge to pass gas - go to the bathroom asap."

navymomm14 May 14, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I tried Prevpac first but I had an allergic reaction and had to stop taking it halfway through the course. It seems to have cured me for a few years but more recently I had a GI h pylori reoccurance. I am taking Pylera and am on day 9. I have had very little side effects. In fact, I am feeling much better and my bowel movements are better as well. I did feel nausea and weakness on one day but I had barely eaten anything because lack of appetite. Advice: eat 4 healthy meals a day before I take the medication. Yogurt and probiotic in the morning and fruit.. Absolutely no coffee or acidic anything (vinagrettes, ketchup, tomato sauce, ) and no soda and anything sugary. No red meat and nothing too heavy or fatty. Hope this helps."

Roxy8228 May 7, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am on day 8. Finally starting to feel some what normal again. This medicine has made me feel horrible. The first few days I was extremely agitated with crying bouts that are completely abnormal for me. My doctor told me that want a side effect, but I have seen several people mention the same issue. I still have a general feeling of being anxious and feeling ill. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and headaches have all been frequent. Stool is very black. Metallic taste and dry mouth. I can say eating well before each dose and drinking water seems to have helped. I wish my doctor had given me more information, so I was at least prepared. I won't know until 3 months if it works - for my breath test. If it works, I suppose it is worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Don't be afraid to take this medication. If you don't suffer from side effects from antibiotics, you will be fine with this one too. The only problem is that 10 days taking 12 pills a days is a long time and by the 8th days it feels that it would never end, but it was worth it . I am H pillory free now."

anonymous2016 April 6, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am on my 7th day at Pylera and so far everything is good. Yes I feel a little bit tired, had a few headaches especially in the midfrontal head and I had the metallic taste every morning; however, I've been eating better. I had some diarrhea the first days and now my stools are better. It is annoying to take 12 pills at day and be on top of schedules. I also take probiotic yogurt even though my gastroenterologist did not told me about it. I hope this works. !!"

mamu/ca March 25, 2015

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Had hard time pretty much since second day. Some people stated you should eat first. Unfortunately, that makes me want to vomit after taking it. No diarrhea (I took probiotics and ate activia), but weird stools (very dark and frequent). I think my bowels are empty at this point. Appetite gone. Lost almost 10 pds. Difficulty sleeping due to nausea and gas pains. Threw up twice. Little energy. Headaches. Feeling stressed and somewhat depressed at times. Crying bouts in middle of night. What I described wasn't constant. It came and went throughout the day, but nights were hardest for some reason. Tomorrow is final day. Can you survive it? Yes. Is it hard? For sure. If h.pylori is gone, then it's worth it. Be strong."

sicktomystomach October 30, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I completed the 10 days of Pylera on September 18. The first few days were not too bad, though like others think, the sheer number of pills each day is Inconvenient and overwhelming---especially when you take other meds as well. On or about the 4th day, things changed. I was able to go to work, but the last 6 days were really hard: explosive diarrhea, headaches, bloat, gas, extreme fatigue, irritability, inexplicable crying bouts and loss of appetite. I felt a bit better the first few days after the medication was finished, but now one week later, I am still experiencing the side effects! I feel worse than when I started the meds. When does it stop? Please share experiences."

Mel me (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "The first two days, I felt alright. I drank a lot of water with my doses. (About 16oz) On day three, I panicked because my urine was really dark and wasted a bunch of time in the ER to find nothing wrong with me but needing to drink a little more water that day. From day 4 till the very end, I felt exhausted and queasy in the mornings took forever to get motivated to do anything. Luckily, I'm on summer break! I read a lot on here that people took probiotics, but my pharmacist said that Calcium would interfere with absorption so I didn't. I eliminated all dairy to make sure there were no interferences. My last dose was yesterday morning and I have gas building up now- I'm guessing its from reintroducing the dairy into my diet?"

Erica s August 8, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I've been off of Pylera for 5 days, and just now feeling a little better. The worst has been diarrhea/loose stool for 14 days. Tested negative for C-Diff, thank God. The nausea and fatigue were also just as bad. I went on pro-biotics 2x daily and a yogurt a day right after treatment. I still have strong urges to use the bathroom as soon as I get up, but things appear to be slowing down. I am on 3 different ointments due to fissure/hemorrhoid, and still feeling fatigued. Worst treatment I have ever experienced, but had little choice after Prepak failure. I give it a "1" only in terms of side effects. If my UBT comes back negative at the end of the month, I give it a "10." My suffering was then worth it."

Janie00 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Horrible experience! First half of treatment was manageable but not pleasant. Day 8 was by far the hardest with extreme nausea, dizziness, heart flutters, bloat, and the usual diarrhea. For day 9 I battled with the thought of taking the pills for an hour. I felt like I was playing Russian roulette. Sitting here waiting for the agony. Day 10 can't get here soon enough! However, I'm thinking anyone who has undergone chemotherapy must think I'm such a wimp!"

Ritzi June 22, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "It's three days after finishing the tenth day of taking Pylera. The first four days of taking the medication, I felt no side effects. On days five through ten, I was nauseous, dizzy, and had a headache, especially right after taking my daily doses. I took the medicine with a meal three times a day and with a light snack before bed. Stools also turned a dark greenish color and were often irregular throughout the day bordering on diarrhea. Also had a feeling of uneasiness, like a panic attack, right after taking the medicine on three occasions. I'll have to check with my doctor to confirm if the H. pylori has been eradicated and also wait a few weeks to see if my ulcers heal (which I've read can take from a few weeks to a few months)."

stucky30 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "*UPDATE* The Pylera worked! The bacteria has been eradicated! I completed my 10 day treatment on April 7, 2014. The only side effect was some mild nausea (I just ate a little more) and a bad taste in my mouth (lots of sugar-free gum). I am waiting 30 says to test to see if the bug is gone. I will come back on here with the results of the endoscopy."

Nikki2320 (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I stated that I would come back to this site with the results of my endoscopy after taking Pylera and the bacteria has been eradicated. Pylera worked for me!! I am a very satisfied customer. I hope this review will be helpful to others. Hang in there if you are taking it and having a rough time."

Nikki2320 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Ten long days. Too many pills; just finish treatment today. Side effects are bad. EAT WELL BEFORE PILLS AND MAKE SURE YOU DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER."

Mara1966 May 5, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Today is my 9th day on this medication, the first day I had no symptoms as the days went by it got worse very nauseous everyday after that, I am extremely tired and have a metal taste in my mouth all day that makes me even more sick to my stomach, I recommend chewing gum, some cramping and black stool. I hope this medicine takes care of the problem. Taking breathing test in a month, fingers crossed."

Minny25 April 29, 2014

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I didn't like taking this medicine. Felt anxious. Very nauseous in am and lightheaded. Been off for six days and I am bloated and very gassy. Is this normal? I hope it worked, it's my third attempt. Two prevpac failed."

:(hpylori November 1, 2013

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I was diagnosed with peptic ulcer and the cause was H.Pylori. I was given Pylera. I have had a few discomfort but overall everything went well. Yesterday was the 10th day. I took Pro biotic supplement twice a day. The stool was little dark and greenish but nothing like black. May be the Probiotic helped. No Diarrhea and the stool was very thick. I did feel very weak during the day and feverish for the first few days. My mouth was bitter and even the water tasted bitter. I am glad I completed my course but will have to do breath test in a month to see if this medicine eradicated the culprit from my body. I took pantoprazole with Pylera in the morning after breakfast and after Dinner. I will be taking probiotic for the next 10 days."

austin_techie October 2, 2013

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "On my 5th day of treatment. The bloating and discomfort in my stomach is pretty intense. I hope I can follow through with my course of medication. My doctor did not mention to take a probiotic while on medicines. I will ask tomorrow and hope I get an answer. I have already called once asking if this feeling is from the medication or the upper endoscopy ."

Hvhtech June 4, 2013

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "It's my 10th day. The first 3 days I hag a general feeling of being ill, like all was not well, but I couldn't place my hands on the illness, but I was strong enough to work. I felt slightly lethargic and had a metallic taste in my mouth which my pharmacist had warned me about. I didn't feel nauseous, but by the 4th day I woke up feeling good and bursting with energy and felt like my body was asking for the next dose close to the time of taking the next dose. I ate a good meal before each dose and it made decreased any feeling of unease. My stool is black, a lot more and are like coffee grounds. I wish my doctor had told me about taking probiotics to replace good bacteria."

Ola O May 28, 2013

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "After reading message boards, I became so freaked out at the thought of going on Pylera, I waited 5 days before starting the regimen, but boy am I glad that I did because on day 4 my brain came back and by day 6 I was really feeling a lot better. I'm not going to lie. It was very intense. It was almost like I could feel the war going on inside of me between the pills and the bacteria, but knowing the medicine was eradicating this hideous thing made it palpable. "

HPisThineEnemy (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2013

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm on day 5 and it's starting to become difficult to take. I'm having quite a bit of nausea. I'll try taking this with ondansetron to see if it reduces some of the nausea."

Difficult to take (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2013

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I was on a ten day treatment taking three pills four times a day. I was also taking Omeprazole twice daily. It helped a lot as far as the sickness and nausea go. Dark urine and stool was about the only side effect I experienced except for dry mouth during the night. The key is to make sure you eat plenty before each dose. Do NOT eat or drink dairy while taking it. I made that mistake one time and that's all it took. Other than that I felt pretty good. I will also suggest a good brand of probiotic to take daily as well. It was a tough ten days but I believe it's well worth it."

Knoxville (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2013

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I have been taking this medicine for about 4 days now. I constantly have dry mouth and makes me feel ill the majority of the day. Do eat a full meal when taking it, makes the feeling not as bad. I feel best on the last dose because I know I'm going to bed. Hopefully I will feel better as the time goes on. I don't really mind taking the 14 pills a day, I just want it to go by quick."

Jolly Rancher (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2013

More about Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline)

Professional resources