User Reviews for Pylera

6.8
Summary of Pylera reviews 19 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Pylera

Review by Nikki2320 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I completed my 10 day treatment on April 7, 2014. The only side effect was some mild nausea (I just ate a little more) and a bad taste in my mouth (lots of sugar-free gum). I am waiting 30 says to test to see if the bug is gone. I will come back on here with the results of the endoscopy.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 12:14 PM
Review by :(hpylori:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I didn't like taking this medicine. Felt anxious. Very nauseous in am and lightheaded. Been off for six days and I am bloated and very gassy. Is this normal? I hope it worked, it's my third attempt. Two prevpac failed.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 1, 2013 5:48 PM
Review by austin_techie: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I was diagnosed with peptic ulcer and the cause was H.Pylori. I was given Pylera. I have had a few discomfort but overall everything went well. Yesterday was the 10th day. I took Pro biotic supplement twice a day. The stool was little dark and greenish but nothing like black. May be the Probiotic helped. No Diarrhea and the stool was very thick. I did feel very weak during the day and feverish for the first few days. My mouth was bitter and even the water tasted bitter. I am glad I completed my course but will have to do breath test in a month to see if this medicine eradicated the culprit from my body. I took pantoprazole with Pylera in the morning after breakfast and after Dinner. I will be taking probiotic for the next 10 days.

October 2, 2013 3:41 PM
Review by Hvhtech:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: On my 5th day of treatment. The bloating and discomfort in my stomach is pretty intense. I hope I can follow through with my course of medication. My doctor did not mention to take a probiotic while on medicines. I will ask tomorrow and hope I get an answer. I have already called once asking if this feeling is from the medication or the upper endoscopy .

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 4, 2013 11:41 PM
Review by Ola O: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: It's my 10th day. The first 3 days I hag a general feeling of being ill, like all was not well, but I couldn't place my hands on the illness, but I was strong enough to work. I felt slightly lethargic and had a metallic taste in my mouth which my pharmacist had warned me about. I didn't feel nauseous, but by the 4th day I woke up feeling good and bursting with energy and felt like my body was asking for the next dose close to the time of taking the next dose. I ate a good meal before each dose and it made decreased any feeling of unease. My stool is black, a lot more and are like coffee grounds. I wish my doctor had told me about taking probiotics to replace good bacteria.

May 28, 2013 10:47 AM
Review by HPisThineEnemy (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: After reading message boards, I became so freaked out at the thought of going on Pylera, I waited 5 days before starting the regimen, but boy am I glad that I did because on day 4 my brain came back and by day 6 I was really feeling a lot better. I'm not going to lie. It was very intense. It was almost like I could feel the war going on inside of me between the pills and the bacteria, but knowing the medicine was eradicating this hideous thing made it palpable.

April 6, 2013 5:50 PM
Review by Difficult to take (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I'm on day 5 and it's starting to become difficult to take. I'm having quite a bit of nausea. I'll try taking this with ondansetron to see if it reduces some of the nausea.

March 25, 2013 5:08 PM
Review by Knoxville (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I was on a ten day treatment taking three pills four times a day. I was also taking Omeprazole twice daily. It helped a lot as far as the sickness and nausea go. Dark urine and stool was about the only side effect I experienced except for dry mouth during the night. The key is to make sure you eat plenty before each dose. Do NOT eat or drink dairy while taking it. I made that mistake one time and that's all it took. Other than that I felt pretty good. I will also suggest a good brand of probiotic to take daily as well. It was a tough ten days but I believe it's well worth it.

March 2, 2013 5:59 PM
Review by Jolly Rancher (taken for less than 1 month):

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I have been taking this medicine for about 4 days now. I constantly have dry mouth and makes me feel ill the majority of the day. Do eat a full meal when taking it, makes the feeling not as bad. I feel best on the last dose because I know I'm going to bed. Hopefully I will feel better as the time goes on. I don't really mind taking the 14 pills a day, I just want it to go by quick.

January 15, 2013 6:48 PM
Review by Mr Nice: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Before I started my treatment with Pylera I read the reviews; quite honestly I was terrified and almost did not take the medicine out of fear of experience these side effects. My experience with Pylera: I am on my 6th day and I have not experienced anything besides a slight headache in the morning that goes away as soon as I drink water. My symptoms have almost gone away entirely, and I feel much better. It is a pain in rear to have to take 14 pills a day and not be able to drink alcohol and milk products (both my favorite) but if it is the price for making this feeling of having a wet sock in my chest, I will gladly pay it.

December 10, 2012 11:37 AM
Review by anonymous 11989: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: My experience with this medication has been awful. I'm on my 10th day but I have missed 5 doses. This medication made me so sick I had to go to the emergency room. Severe headache, nausea, bloating, black stool and urine. You are suppose to eat with it but I couldn't because of the bloating. Which in turn made me sick because I wasn't eating. I have completely stopped taking the medication in the hopes that the H Pylori is gone.

May 23, 2012 1:48 AM
Review by 444: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I finished full 10 days of that medicine, doctor did not tell me about anything about probiotics, so right after taking Pylera I have some issues with my bowel movement, had constipation for a while, did colonoscopy and still can not figure out what is wrong with me. Having constant pain under left rib, doing more tests going from family doctor to gastroenterologist. I would recommend, before taking Pylera medication, do a deep research on side effects, because with bad bacteria, your colon's good bacteria gets killed as well as bad once.

December 30, 2011 1:56 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I felt pretty bad for the first couple days. What really helped me was eating a full meal before each dose. On the dose that you take before bed I ate a banana, dry toast and kefir probiotics drink. This really helped me not to feel nauseous in the morning. I also took a probiotics tablet in the morning. I drank a lot of water and chewed gum for the metallic taste. If you stick with it the medicine will work. My doctor had me continue on the probiotics after finishing these medicines.

December 9, 2011 12:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I have been taking Pylera for 6 days and besides dry mouth general feeling of being ill I noticed my tongue is getting dark (a known side effect) this is a very difficult medication to take for 10 days, however, I will continue in hopes the H. Pylori bacteria will be eradicated.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2011 3:00 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: The dosage I was given is 1 Pylera 4 times per day and I am still in treatment- only have some nausea but it goes away. Will see about effectiveness after I confirm that it took care of the problem, when treatment is completed. Hope this helps.

May 16, 2010 6:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I don't really know how to rate a medicine; I just share my experience. My doctor warned me that this antibiotic is very harsh and I might feel bad during the course. However, I am taking it for 8 days, and the only side effect I encountered is a bitter taste in my mouth, but it's not a problem. I just drink a lot and chew gum when it gets REALLY bitter. I am of a slim and petite complexion (100 lb only), so I expected to have bad side effects, but I feel quite normal. Also I am eating well before taking medicines (more veggies), drink lots of water, take strong probiotics (50 billion), and drink organic KEFIR with live culture before going to bed and taking bedtime portion of Pylera.

April 20, 2010 9:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I am finishing up my 7th day of the medication. Every website I have read made me extremely nervous about taking this medication. If I can give any advice, EAT A FULL MEAL BEFORE YOU TAKE THE MEDICATION! If you don't eat, you will be extremely nauseous and throw up. I hate forcing myself to eat, but if it prevents the nausea, I will do it. You need to eat 4 meals per day. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER ALL DAY!!!! The mornings are hard, because you do wake up nauseous, but the first thing I do is grab a bottle of water and drink some. I ended up with the darkened stool and diarrhea, but other than that everything has been going fine.

April 6, 2010 9:04 PM
Review by dyro4ka: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I went for colonoscopy and Doctor told me I needed endoscopy as well. In two weeks I've got phone call that I have H Pylori infection in my stomach and prescribed Pylera. I was taking 12 tablets a day and 1 tablet of Protonix for 10 days and now I feel much worse than before. Before I was healthy and now I am sick to my stomach.

December 17, 2009 11:52 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: I've been taking Pylera for the last 5 days and I'm feeling really bad. The most horrible effect is that metallic taste I have in my mouth 24hrs a day. I just can't stand it anymore and I have 5 days of treatment remaining.

October 26, 2009 7:09 PM

More about Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline)

Professional resources