User Reviews for Benlysta

Learn more about Benlysta.

Reviews for Benlysta to treat Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

Review by Jalpurnia Trader: User Rating:

I'm a 42 year old African American who has been diagnosed with Lupus for 16 years. I've been taking Benlysta for one year now and notice a big difference in my body. I have more energy before taking the medicine I suffered greatly from fatigue. I feel little to no joint or muscular pain, before the medicine I suffered from severe inflammation and swelling in my joints and could hardly walk some days. I now jog on my treadmill, go to Zumba classes and workout at Curves. The medicine has been a God send for me and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to witness to this great invention. The only downfall is my insurance will only cover 80% which leave me a hefty 800.00 balance each moth. I'm on disability and cannot afford this expense.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 25, 2014 4:02 PM
Review by Gr8tobwth (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

This medication has been a life saver for me. Even though I do have some very minor side effects, I wouldn't dare think of changing it!!!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2013 9:15 AM
Review by Quennieflowers (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have been using Benlysta since April and it is doing wonders for me. Some mornings I tried but couldn't get out of bed but not any more. I sleep well and have energy. My only problem is the weight gain. I started with every two weeks for 2 months and then once a month. When I just started the medication I used to feel a funny feeling in my mouth, not anymore.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 8, 2013 6:58 PM
Review by GERDed (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

First infusion - experienced swelling everywhere (inside and out), two days after infusion. Day 1 had a migraine like headache (Light sensitivity), fatigue, some heart rhythm issue (temporary) and temporary voice changes. I was pre-dosed with Tylenol. Second infusion - pre dosed with Benadryl and solumedrol, very slight swelling, headaches coming on now (I was told: Literature says these headaches will improve with subsequent infusions), less heart involvement, I tried to sleep through most of the infusion time (1 1/2 - 2 hours with prep). I was blessed to be accepted by the HEALTHWELL FOUNDATION where I applied for co-pay assistance.

September 13, 2012 3:57 AM