User Reviews for Balsalazide

Also known as: Colazal, Giazo

Learn more about Balsalazide.

Crohn's Disease 5 reviews 65 medications

7.5
Ulcerative Colitis 7 reviews 74 medications

7.3
Ulcerative Colitis, Active 3 reviews 70 medications

Summary of Balsalazide reviews 15 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Balsalazide

Colazal (balsalazide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Didn't help much at all with my symptoms."

Tomhh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2014

For Crohn's Disease: "Got painful red, skin welts. Immediately stopped medication."

guda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 23, 2013

Colazal (balsalazide) for Crohn's Disease: "I have used Colazal for about 5 months and actually stopped taking it for a month in between. When I am on the medication I am fine no with no active symptoms when I stopped it I was fine for a short period of time before it acted up again. I dealt with the symptoms because they were mild. But the moment it got bad I took a dose and things almost instantly got better, now that I am consistently taking my proper dosage. I have no issues at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I take 3 of the 750mg capsules 3 times a day for my ulcerative colitis and have seen that as long as I make sure to take them at the same times every day, then it works very well and flare ups are few. The capsules are easy to swallow and the medication itself has been very easy on my stomach."

thewhitechickoj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2012

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "It has been excellent in curing my symptoms."

Anonymous January 12, 2012

Colazal (balsalazide) for Crohn's Disease: "Colazal completely rid me of all Crohn's symptoms after years of suffering. I'm worried now, after 4-5 yrs symptom free I need a kidney transplant. Will I still be able to use it if I get a flare up?"

sherri morris July 7, 2011

Colazal (balsalazide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Cheaper than some other medicines. It's my wonder drug."

Anonymous January 27, 2011

Colazal (balsalazide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "This medicine really helped me get in remission about 6 years ago. I'm still taking it as a maintenance drug- but I have been flaring up for the past 2 years while taking it. Prednisone has been my savior as far as the flaring up. Next step...Remicade. We will see how it goes!"

Anonymous November 24, 2010

Colazal (balsalazide) for Crohn's Disease: "I have tried several medications for my Crohn's Disease, including steroids, antibiotics, 6-mp, Entocort, Asacol. After having surgery to remove my ileum, Colazal seems to be the only medication that has helped and not caused any major side effects. From time to time I have flare ups, but overall Colazal seems to be working."

Anonymous May 19, 2009

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Have taken for over a year with excellent results and no noticeable side effects."

bob chi town March 13, 2009

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "This drug has basically saved my life. I've been hospitalized twice from severe ulcerative colitis. I would not be able to function outside of my home if it was not for this medication. Thank you for all the efforts that went into developing this drug."

GYPSIE1 February 18, 2009

For Crohn's Disease: "Been on Balsalazide for two weeks and already feel more normal than I have in years. Mouth and skin drier than before and perhaps some increased joint aches, but no more gut pain or headaches and all guts symptoms are markedly better. Wish I knew about this medicine five years ago."

Anonymous September 30, 2008

Colazal (balsalazide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Helps in-between flareups."

jamneely August 19, 2008

For : "I take the generic version of Colazal and have had a lot of success with it. Still have bad days but not nearly as often. I have tried several medicines and treatments (Asacol,Lialda,Entocort,Pentasa...even Remecaid treatments) so far this along with 6 MP,Robinul,and Prednisone have given me the best results."

dbuckusmc April 6, 2008

Colazal (balsalazide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Tried for a few months some years ago. No side effects, didn't seem as effective as Asacol for me. Needs specific conditions in the gut to "cleave" into the active medication, I think my particular gut wasn't suited. Beware that not every med will work in everyone, Asacol included. Try meds and observe how you fare."

Anonymous April 2, 2008

Colazal (balsalazide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "There is new generic version of Colazal now. I was wondering if anyone has used it and found any problems with it vs the brand name drug."

GI February 25, 2008