User Reviews for Balsalazide

Also known as: Colazal, Giazo

Learn more about Balsalazide.

Balsalazide Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 122 medications used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis.

Reviews for Balsalazide to treat Ulcerative Colitis

Colazal (balsalazide): "Didn't help much at all with my symptoms."

Tomhh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2014

"I take 3 of the 750mg capsules 3 times a day for my ulcerative colitis and have seen that as long as I make sure to take them at the same times every day, then it works very well and flare ups are few. The capsules are easy to swallow and the medication itself has been very easy on my stomach."

thewhitechickoj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2012

Colazal (balsalazide): "Cheaper than some other medicines. It's my wonder drug."

Anonymous January 27, 2011

Colazal (balsalazide): "This medicine really helped me get in remission about 6 years ago. I'm still taking it as a maintenance drug- but I have been flaring up for the past 2 years while taking it. Prednisone has been my savior as far as the flaring up. Next step...Remicade. We will see how it goes!"

Anonymous November 24, 2010

"Have taken for over a year with excellent results and no noticeable side effects."

bob chi town March 13, 2009

Colazal (balsalazide): "Helps in-between flareups."

jamneely August 19, 2008

Colazal (balsalazide): "There is new generic version of Colazal now. I was wondering if anyone has used it and found any problems with it vs the brand name drug."

GI February 25, 2008