User Reviews for Aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine

Also known as: Ascomp with Codeine, Fiorinal with Codeine, Fiorinal with Codeine III, Fiortal with Codeine

Learn more about Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine.

Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine Review Summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 283 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine to treat Headache

Ascomp with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "My quality of life went from zero to 100 when I started on this med 20 years ago for migraine prevention! I am allergic to all Maxalt-type meds due to heart side effects! I am prescribed 4 capsules daily for migraine prevention and without them, I go straight into migraine symptoms and have to stay in bed for 3-4 days until the migraine and headache symptoms have disappeared! My new coverage is now Medicare RX! And they refuse to cover it! HELP"

Sandy A April 6, 2015

Ascomp with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "ASCOMP 30mg. Works wonders for my horrible headaches. I take with a meal or small snack, so my tummy doesn't get upset by the aspirin."

tension headaches (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2014

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "Started getting terrible migraines after abdominal surgery. Had no idea exploding head pain could be so debilitating. Was on Midrin for awhile, asked doc for something a bit stronger: Fiorinal with codeine. Only thing that works. My Love goes out to all of your with severe, endless migraines. They can drive you insane. Fiorinal with codeine is the best, works for many kinds of pain too. "

Macko05 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 12, 2013

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "I've suffered from migraines since I was a little girl, more then 40 years. I saw a variety of doctors over the years and they tried many different combinations of medications to help but none were successful. Finally one doctor included Fiorinal/codeine to my meds to help when I had a migraine! Success! Something worked! If I take this at the start of a migraine it helps 100% of the time. I've been able to take part in all activities without having to cancel due to an uncontrollable migraine!"

Bernice50 March 12, 2013

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "I have suffered with migraines since I was 10yrs old. I began my period at age 10. It has been 52yrs now. One uphill battle with different doctors and a barrage of useless medicines, until 1986 when I met the right Doctor, with the right combination of medicine for my Migraines to reclaim my life again. In the end this combination was a life saver for me."

Shirl1199 (taken for 10 years or more) February 28, 2013

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "I have had severe migraines all my life (35 yrs) tried every other medicine out there- this is the ONLY medicine that works 100% of the time with no bad side effects. All the other medicines had side effects and didn't even take away the headache more than 50%! They ARE discontinuing prescribing this for migraines this year. When they do- I do not know what I will do besides lay in bed all day because Fiorinal is the only thing that makes me able to function when I have a migraine."

frazzill (taken for 10 years or more) December 14, 2012

"This works every single time on my migraines. I try fioricet first, and if that doesn't work, I take one of these. The downside is that I can't drive after I take one, because I can feel the codeine kick in. I take them about once a month, but when I have to take this, it works better than anything else I've tried."

Anonymous October 7, 2011

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "Works like nothing else I've tried. There is something about the combination of Fiorinal and Codeine III that neither has alone. For neck injury with chronic pain, this works for me much, much better than the heavily regulated medicines that are considered to be much stronger."

Havestrat October 4, 2011

"100% effective for migraine headaches. I keep this medication on hand!"

Anonymous May 4, 2011

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "I have had migraines for 25 years and find Fiorinal with codeine the only thing that takes care of the pain and allows me to function. I also take Phenergan if I don't get on top of the pain fast enough to ease the vomiting associated with the pain. Like the previous post, my migraines wake me up in the middle of the night. I have been prescribed Lortab but even though it is stronger it does not work as well. My doctor recently added 10 mg. Amitriptyline before bed and that reduced the frequency of my headaches but I still get about 3-4 migraines/month. I recently heard that they were going to take Fiorinal off the market and that has me very worried. "

TessaMac May 4, 2011

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "I have suffered from headaches for about 20 years, until I found Fiorinal with codeine. I have NOT had a headache since! This works great for headaches and I am finally free. Thanks to whoever came up with this cure for headaches."

mam69 September 18, 2010

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "I haven't found anything that works on my migraine as well as Fiorinal with Codeine but constipation is a problem with too many doses, but still doesn't compare to migraine pain just take sparingly."

Anonymous November 21, 2009

"I have migraines since I was in the fifth grade. I'm 18 now and I have taken them since I was about 11. This medicine will take care of a lot of your pain no matter what type as I have heard. I have not had any bad experience with it since I have been taking it. It works really well."

J2 October 5, 2009

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "I have had migraines headaches since I was 25 yrs old and at 71 years old I still have them. They are just as bad now as years ago. I have been prescribed over 47 different kinds of medicine for relief. Also I went to three headache clinics which were a joke/no help-my purse emptied. Some of the medicines I now know are everything from cancer to thyroid medicines were given to me to ease pain. Simply trial and error of the many doctors I saw. A lot of brain scans, x-rays of my head and neck. Finally a doctor prescribed a new medicine on the market called fiorinal and fiorinal-w/codeine for really bad pain. I use the fiorinal/3 and get quick relief if I can take before the vomiting starts. My migraines wake me in the middle of night."

loubydo September 16, 2009

"I use Fiornal #3 as breakthrough pain medication for my nerve pain in my back due to spinal stenosis. I use this in conjunction with Avinza (Time release Morphine)."

mezzum July 29, 2009

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "Along with Phenergan, it is the only thing that helps with the migraines I get (about twice a month now). The Phenergan cream (a compound made by a pharmacy in my area) keeps the medication down by helping stop or control the vomiting I get with migraines."

rock13 July 10, 2009

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "The very best migraine medicine ever made. It even keeps back pain from causing the migraine (upper back). "

dirkdavid33 May 9, 2009

"I have suffered with migraine headaches since my early 40's. Butalbital offers the only real relief. I've used it for years without negative effect, but only when headaches strike."

Bakerwa October 4, 2008

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): "I have had migraine headaches since I was9 years old and I started taking fiorinal with codeine when I was in my 40's and it is the only thing that knocks my headache out."

kodabrayden3 October 22, 2007