Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine

Also known as: Ascomp with Codeine, Fiorinal with Codeine, Fiorinal with Codeine III, Fiortal with Codeine

Learn more about Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine.

Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine review summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 288 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine to treat Headache

Review by tension headaches (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ascomp with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): ASCOMP 30mg. Works wonders for my horrible headaches. I take with a meal or small snack, so my tummy doesn't get upset by the aspirin.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2014 2:18 PM

Review by Macko05 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): Started getting terrible migraines after abdominal surgery. Had no idea exploding head pain could be so debilitating. Was on Midrin for awhile, asked doc for something a bit stronger: Fiorinal with codeine. Only thing that works. My Love goes out to all of your with severe, endless migraines. They can drive you insane. Fiorinal with codeine is the best, works for many kinds of pain too.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 12, 2013 6:36 PM

Review by Bernice50:

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): I've suffered from migraines since I was a little girl, more then 40 years. I saw a variety of doctors over the years and they tried many different combinations of medications to help but none were successful. Finally one doctor included Fiorinal/codeine to my meds to help when I had a migraine! Success! Something worked! If I take this at the start of a migraine it helps 100% of the time. I've been able to take part in all activities without having to cancel due to an uncontrollable migraine!

March 12, 2013 2:15 PM

Review by Shirl1199 (taken for 10 years or more):

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): I have suffered with migraines since I was 10yrs old. I began my period at age 10. It has been 52yrs now. One uphill battle with different doctors and a barrage of useless medicines, until 1986 when I met the right Doctor, with the right combination of medicine for my Migraines to reclaim my life again. In the end this combination was a life saver for me.

February 28, 2013 9:36 AM

Review by frazzill (taken for 10 years or more):

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): I have had severe migraines all my life (35 yrs) tried every other medicine out there- this is the ONLY medicine that works 100% of the time with no bad side effects. All the other medicines had side effects and didn't even take away the headache more than 50%! They ARE discontinuing prescribing this for migraines this year. When they do- I do not know what I will do besides lay in bed all day because Fiorinal is the only thing that makes me able to function when I have a migraine.

December 14, 2012 6:17 AM

This works every single time on my migraines. I try fioricet first, and if that doesn't work, I take one of these. The downside is that I can't drive after I take one, because I can feel the codeine kick in. I take them about once a month, but when I have to take this, it works better than anything else I've tried.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2011 10:55 AM

Review by Havestrat:

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): Works like nothing else I've tried. There is something about the combination of Fiorinal and Codeine III that neither has alone. For neck injury with chronic pain, this works for me much, much better than the heavily regulated medicines that are considered to be much stronger.

October 4, 2011 9:02 PM

100% effective for migraine headaches. I keep this medication on hand!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 4, 2011 11:44 PM

Review by TessaMac:

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): I have had migraines for 25 years and find Fiorinal with codeine the only thing that takes care of the pain and allows me to function. I also take Phenergan if I don't get on top of the pain fast enough to ease the vomiting associated with the pain. Like the previous post, my migraines wake me up in the middle of the night. I have been prescribed Lortab but even though it is stronger it does not work as well. My doctor recently added 10 mg. Amitriptyline before bed and that reduced the frequency of my headaches but I still get about 3-4 migraines/month. I recently heard that they were going to take Fiorinal off the market and that has me very worried.

May 4, 2011 8:35 PM

Review by mam69:

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): I have suffered from headaches for about 20 years, until I found Fiorinal with codeine. I have NOT had a headache since! This works great for headaches and I am finally free. Thanks to whoever came up with this cure for headaches.

September 18, 2010 12:53 PM

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): I haven't found anything that works on my migraine as well as Fiorinal with Codeine but constipation is a problem with too many doses, but still doesn't compare to migraine pain just take sparingly.

November 21, 2009 1:59 AM

Review by J2:

I have migraines since I was in the fifth grade. I'm 18 now and I have taken them since I was about 11. This medicine will take care of a lot of your pain no matter what type as I have heard. I have not had any bad experience with it since I have been taking it. It works really well.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2009 5:37 PM

Review by loubydo:

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): I have had migraines headaches since I was 25 yrs old and at 71 years old I still have them. They are just as bad now as years ago. I have been prescribed over 47 different kinds of medicine for relief. Also I went to three headache clinics which were a joke/no help-my purse emptied. Some of the medicines I now know are everything from cancer to thyroid medicines were given to me to ease pain. Simply trial and error of the many doctors I saw. A lot of brain scans, x-rays of my head and neck. Finally a doctor prescribed a new medicine on the market called fiorinal and fiorinal-w/codeine for really bad pain. I use the fiorinal/3 and get quick relief if I can take before the vomiting starts. My migraines wake me in the middle of night.

September 16, 2009 5:33 PM

Review by mezzum:

I use Fiornal #3 as breakthrough pain medication for my nerve pain in my back due to spinal stenosis. I use this in conjunction with Avinza (Time release Morphine).

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2009 5:53 PM

Review by rock13:

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): Along with Phenergan, it is the only thing that helps with the migraines I get (about twice a month now). The Phenergan cream (a compound made by a pharmacy in my area) keeps the medication down by helping stop or control the vomiting I get with migraines.

July 10, 2009 1:35 PM

Review by dirkdavid33:

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): The very best migraine medicine ever made. It even keeps back pain from causing the migraine (upper back).

May 9, 2009 9:08 PM

Review by Bakerwa:

I have suffered with migraine headaches since my early 40's. Butalbital offers the only real relief. I've used it for years without negative effect, but only when headaches strike.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2008 4:27 AM

Review by kodabrayden3:

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): I have had migraine headaches since I was9 years old and I started taking fiorinal with codeine when I was in my 40's and it is the only thing that knocks my headache out.

October 22, 2007 12:00 AM