User Reviews for L-Arginine

Learn more about L-Arginine.

Diagnosis and Investigation 1 reviews 24 medications

Dietary Supplementation 2 reviews 466 medications

9.5
Summary of L-Arginine reviews 3 reviews 9.7

Reviews for L-Arginine

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

L-Arginine (arginine) for Dietary Supplementation: I read that L-Arginine could be helpful for night-time leg cramps. Mine began suddenly, occurred several times nightly, usually in my ankle, groin, toes, and tibialis anterior. I took 1 or 2 500mg L-Arginine and they stopped almost immediately. However, during the 2 months that I took it, I experienced extremely heavy menstrual bleeding with clotting. Stopped the L-Arginine, haven't had any more cramps, and the menstrual periods have returned to normal.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2012 10:08 AM
Review by heathbarj: User Rating:

L-Arginine (arginine) for Dietary Supplementation: I started L-Arginine in December 2010 due to heart disease. I had 3 heart attacks at age 33 due to spontaneous artery dissection. I went almost a year with constant angina attacks that my cardiologist could find no reason for. We tried so many different medicines and nothing helped. I was getting worse and could hardly even exercise anymore. I started the L-Arginine and within a month of taking it the pain pretty much went away. I could finally run again and my endurance and strength increased drastically. I still have pain breakthroughs here and there but they are perfectly tolerable compared to the previous pain that would knock me off my feet. I highly recommend this medicine for anyone dealing with ongoing angina.

March 11, 2011 9:52 PM
Review by brilliantpebble: User Rating:

L-Arginine (arginine) for Diagnosis and Investigation: I QUIT SMOKING BECAUSE OF THIS. Yes, it is true. I was a pack a day smoker for almost 20 years. Nothing would stop me. My mom died in 2004 at 60 years old, of lung cancer due to cigarettes and I still smoked till one day after working my regular 12 hour shift and being type 2 diabetes I needed extra energy to get me through all the stress. My brother told me about 2 amino acids L-arginine - L-0rnithine. I gave them a try started at one 2000 mg capsule a day then 2 a day and guess what I could not stand the taste or smell of a cigarettes and I just stopped and no withdrawals. I could not believe myself and I had no intentions of quitting but here I am smoke free. All I can say it worked for me.

September 6, 2010 1:38 AM

More about L-Arginine (arginine)

Professional resources