User Reviews for Exforge

Learn more about Exforge.

High Blood Pressure 32 reviews 261 medications

6.4
Summary of Exforge reviews 32 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Exforge

Review by Nair C:

For High Blood Pressure: I am on Exforge for the past 6 months. I am happy with the results especially after taking Lodoz and didn't see any positive results. However, like many have mentioned in this post, I am also having a dry cough and phlegm which was not there before, plus weight gain at a slow pace. I am a bit concerned about this.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2014 8:07 AM

Review by Cassiej (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I have had high blood pressure for about 11 years now, and have been on so many different medicines. Doctor tried me on 3 different medicines and the 3rd one (EXFORGE 10/160) worked like a charm. My blood pressure would usually get as high as 180/90. I have had some swelling in my feet and ankles but hasn't been that bad. EXFORGE has lowered my blood pressure to 125/60.

May 1, 2013 12:25 PM

Review by sd1234:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Exforge for about 24 months. When I first started taking Exforge my heart would race fast for the first three weeks. My blood pressure was controlled well for the next fourteen months. My BP started to rise again to higher levels than I was used to seeing 154/94 in docs office. Developed a chronic cough sore throat, and sinus issue lasting nearly six months. Misdiagnosed as strep, Flu, Bacterial infection, and then five months into it an allergist (the only doc that listened) tells me it is a common side effect for the Exforge. I stopped taking it today. Hopefully my symptoms will clear up in a few days, as a prior posting had written.

January 29, 2013 4:03 PM

Review by lullyj (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For High Blood Pressure: I have lost aBout twelve pounds. I am skinny and don't need to lose weight.

January 1, 2013 4:42 PM

Review by Enough Already (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: My life has become a blood pressure medication horror story. Bad side effects with every medicine. Exforge worked to control my BP, but caused significant ankle/feet edema and peripheral neuropathy (feet) that has sidelined my athletic lifestyle.

June 18, 2012 3:26 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Wish I had seen these reviews earlier. Have been on Exforge 5/160 for 2 years, recently upped to 10/160. It has brought my blood pressure down. Knew the side effects of the cough, and I can deal with it. I didn't know why I was tired all the time, and became anxious when I had that "heavy" feeling, with the tingling. Saw these reviews and asked the doctor about it and he admitted that it may be what was causing my problems. Now that I know what is causing it, I feel much better about it.

December 7, 2011 7:11 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Exforge worked well for me in controlling my blood pressure. On Exforge my blood pressure would be ideal, 125/75. The main problem I had was fatigue and reduced energy. I'm a serious cyclist and know that Exforge suppressed my physical strength. It appears it's the amlodipine component that does it. Trying Azor now.

December 2, 2011 5:38 PM

Review by luvncurli2:

For High Blood Pressure: I am taking Exforge 5/220 for 6 weeks now. I take it mornings and within 30 minutes I start feeling sick on my stomach. Blood pressure is down some but I feel tired all the time and have a dull headache. Going to see my doctor this week and ask to be taken off. I can't stand the nausea, or staying tired. I have always slept 5 hours a night and always had energy. Now I sleep 8 or 9 hours and yawn all day. The only other medicines I take are Synthroid and Bystolic, 5mg tablet. I take the Bystolic at bedtime so it doesn't cause the nausea. This is about the 6th medicine I have tried, maybe I am allergic to blood pressure medicines. It gets trying.

October 17, 2011 7:11 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I used exforge for approx 2 months at first. It was ok no real side effects but after 2 months could hardly walk as muscles in legs were so sore. Also weight gain approx 5 kilos. After I stopped taking the medicine, within 2 days the sore legs stopped. Still having trouble losing weight gain.

October 5, 2011 8:57 PM

Review by Tbone3679:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Exforge for months now. I'm having trouble with heart beating fast. Tired all the time. It has my blood pressure down but I don't feel well.

July 22, 2011 9:40 AM

Review by Sweetpea444:

For High Blood Pressure: My cardiologist put me on ExForge 10/320 about 6 mos ago. I began to develop a severe cough that became chronic with phlegm. I coughed day and night, I was just miserable. I told my family physician and he suggested it was the ExForge. I stopped taking it and in one and a half days, my cough has almost stopped completely.

April 6, 2011 6:32 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I had tried a number of medications for high blood ressure and this is the first one that consistently worked. If I took it in the morning without eating I would feel nauseous, but if I take it at night I have no bad side effects. I really like this medication.

January 26, 2011 9:27 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Used Exforge for past 5 months. Had blood pressure of 160/90 and experienced swelling in feet. It did get my blood pressure down from 160/90 to 120/67. Causes slight light headedness, because of that, will try lisinopril.

August 29, 2010 6:46 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have been taking Exforge for a few months and started getting headaches.

August 27, 2010 10:05 PM

Review by Noraine:

For High Blood Pressure: I been taking a combination of Exforge 10 mg/320 mg and a prescription diuretic for about 7 months and it works great together with very little side effects.

July 9, 2010 11:20 AM

For High Blood Pressure: My blood pressure was not controlled sufficiently with amlodipine 5mg. I take Exforge 5/160 and my pressure has never been better. My blood pressure was averaging 140/90 with amlodipine, and now with Exforge, my pressure is 118/72.

June 13, 2010 12:45 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on Exforge 10/160 and a diuretic (water pill) medication for 3 months. It has lowered my blood pressure a lot and I have had no side effects. The diuretic helps decrease swelling and reduce the build of fluid. I think the two together make a great pair.

February 17, 2010 6:59 PM

Review by dgi:

For High Blood Pressure: I am 52 years old and have struggled with chronic high blood pressure for about 6 years. I have used Exforge as a supplement blood pressure medication for about 2 years. At the dosage of 10/160 mg, I did experience some swelling and weight gain, but it was manageable. However, after recently (45 days ago) being increased to 10/320mg dosage, I immediately developed a almost constant dry unproductive and painful cough, very sore throat, sinus problems, some additional swelling, and unprecedented tiredness. I will stop taking this medication due to the uncontrollable coughing, sore throat and resulting headache. The higher dosage did assist in dropping my lower number, but the side effects are too excessive. I will seek other alternatives.

January 6, 2010 11:42 AM

Review by lasagne:

For High Blood Pressure: Been on Exforge 5/165 for 3 months. Too tired all the time and gained 10 lbs. Will try 20 mg Prinivil and report back. Exforge did keep blood pressure down but I had bad side effect.

December 28, 2009 8:21 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Been on 10/320 for over a year. Has controlled a stubborn high blood pressure to a manageable 125 -. Have cough, numbness which no one will attribute to the drug.

November 24, 2009 5:11 PM

Review by angelsantana:

For High Blood Pressure: I've been using 5/160 for 3 months and so far they've worked for my high blood pressure with no side effects.

November 15, 2009 11:30 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Been on Exforge 10/320 for few months after being on straight Norvasc for 7 years - switched to 5/320 after too many dizzy spells. Now, tired - fall asleep at odd times - exhausted easily - sweat excessively when hot - blood pressure starting to stay up too much - chronic rhinitis with cough. Looking for something else.

October 23, 2009 2:56 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have taken many antihypertensive medications with an array of side effects none of which any of the 3 doctors I've seen discussed with me. Pseudo lupus is common with Exforge. Cough, bronchospasms, cold symptoms,sweating, feel exhausted, tired

October 13, 2009 1:38 PM

Review by deb07860:

For High Blood Pressure: I have used it successfully after not having luck with Atacand after many years of being on that. I have had no ill side effects to speak of. I am very pleased. Although it is a bit pricey.

October 6, 2009 3:08 PM

For High Blood Pressure: My dad took it and he had heart palpitations, swelling, reddening ears and face, and chest tightening. He stopped taking it and switched back to his old medicines.

September 5, 2009 5:42 PM