User Reviews for Lotrel

Learn more about Lotrel.

Lotrel review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 261 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lotrel to treat High Blood Pressure

Review by dgames:

I'm a 58 year old male having been on Lotrel 10-20mg for several years now. I have not had any side effects, with this medication and have seen it is controlling my high blood pressure.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2014 10:48 AM

Review by 1freddy (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been on Lotrel for 3 weeks and I'm having several side effects. I'm very lethargic, no energy (no energy to exercise), I even fall asleep an hour after taking the medicine, depressed, my head tingles, my fasting glucose has risen at least 10 points and the worst is I have gained 15 pounds! I had lost 30lbs and maintained since August. It was difficult and the weight loss was slow. My eating hasn't increased. My husband agrees. Morbid obesity can raise your blood pressure. This medicine is pulling my blood pressure down but the side effects are essentially making things worse. This medication isn't a good fit for me.

November 25, 2012 1:12 PM

Review by HFNorthC:

I tried several other medicines, but Lotrel seems to be very effective in lowering my blood pressure. I have a had no side effects. I am 49 years old and Africian American. On this medicine 10 months now.

March 9, 2012 2:42 AM

Review by Gmmk:

Developed severe nocturnal leg cramps. Occured nightly between 5am and 7am. After 3 months I discontinued and went back to Diltiazem. Cramps stopped next day.

August 2, 2011 10:25 PM

Been taking for 5/40 10 years. no problems at all and keeps the pressure down.

January 11, 2011 1:13 PM

Review by JOSIE L:

I have been on lotrel for three years. I never had knee problems but never connected the medicine with the symptoms until I started searching for side effects, by others. I spoke with my doctor and he has recommended lisiniopril/hydrochlorothiazide. See if problem with knees will improve. Because knee pain is terrible!

July 12, 2010 6:59 PM

Review by meanashair:

I was on Lotrel for approximately 3/4 months. Had severe swelling and pain in legs and feet. Did not do much in making my blood pressure any lower. No longer on this medicine.

January 30, 2010 10:29 AM

While I have not had any major side effects, just occasional coughing bouts, I have had a tough time losing weight...but have not gained.

October 2, 2009 2:15 PM

This drug is very effective but also very expensive.

September 12, 2009 12:44 PM

Had side effects.

July 13, 2009 1:22 PM

Review by reddawk:

I am a 45 year old male - been on Lotrel for 3 years with no problems.

April 30, 2009 11:09 PM

Review by rushkasmom:

Great for lowering blood pressure. I have been on it for 6 years.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2009 12:37 PM

I have taken Lotrel for 9 years. It reduced my blood pressure moderately, but this month I went to the emergency room with severe swelling of my face and my lips were huge. Was told to get off Lotrel since this ACE inhibitor can cause angioedema which was the diagnosis. Have also had tingling of the lips and tongue for the last 4 years and now wonder if Lotrel contributed to that.

March 9, 2009 2:42 PM

Great at lowering blood pressure (250 to 174 using 10 mg). But body aches, dull headache often noted. My doctor wanted me on 20 mg but that was too uncomfortable.

February 25, 2009 1:13 AM

The side effects I have are body aches, weight gain and lightheadedness.

November 21, 2008 10:05 AM

so far so good. I have had sleep problems with all the Blood pressure meds given to me.

September 6, 2008 9:56 AM

Review by crabbydee:

Lotrel has worked for me with a low dosage. The higher dosage caused side effects. Tried five different blood pressure medicines before and they all had side effects such as swelling or leg cramps.

July 22, 2008 4:02 PM

Review by itip:

I have been taking Lotrel now for 9 years. I also take synthorid with it. Granted I have gained a lot of weigth. Where as before I weighted 140 I now weight 205. If there is a way I can loose this weight I will be happy to. I have problems with my left angle, it is always swelled. Only when I can stay off of it does it go down.

March 7, 2008 3:34 PM

Review by Daddy of Four:

I been taking Lotrel over a year now. I am not showing any side effects at all. I am 45 now and have four kids under four. That right FOUR. Lotrel has helped my HBP.

February 26, 2008 8:42 AM

Review by samodio:

I hav developed severe swelling in my fingers. It is constant causing numbness in the fingertips and pain in the joints - mostly in the middle of the night. I love having my blood pressure lowered though.

January 7, 2008 3:49 PM

Review by MiniMe2:

I have severe muscle spasms in the back of my legs. I have been on it for about 2 months. My knees are fine, I just turned 50. The drug is doing its job. Sometimes I get dizzy when I get up fast or have to bend over to pick something up.

December 22, 2007 12:15 PM

Review by cutty:

In reference to your knees hurting. I have always been in perfect health and very active. I have never in my life had any knee problems or leg problems. I am 51 years old. All of a sudden one day I wake up and can't hardly walk. My knees kill me everyday. I have severe muscle spasms in the back of my legs all the time. I have a hell of a time going up and down steps. I have been to two different knee and leg specialist the are in sports medicine.I have been on them for over a year.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2007 1:29 PM

Review by Hank H:

I was prescribed Lotrel by my doctor and given some samples of the capsule. I had severe knee and foot pain within a week and quit taking the drug after one and half weeks (approx). It has been almost a month and a half and I still have a lot of pain. Has anyone else had this type of reaction to Lotrel?

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2007 9:13 PM