User Reviews for Amantadine

Also known as: Symmetrel

Learn more about Amantadine.

ADHD 2 reviews 32 medications

Head Injury 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Influenza 0 reviews 82 medications Not rated - Be the first
Influenza Prophylaxis 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Post-Polio Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amantadine reviews 10 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Amantadine

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "So far so good...helping with the restlessness and unwanted movements."

Sideffects2 January 30, 2014

For Parkinson's Disease: "I have to say I noticed the wiggles disappeared after the first dose - I hope this continues to work. I did get a brief dizzy spell after the second dose but it quickly passed."

MagicMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2014

For ADHD: "Caused tiredness and constipation."

Freecirle November 26, 2013

Symmetrel (amantadine) for Parkinson's Disease: "I hear that it only works in 50% of people who take it. I must be one of the lucky ones. Taking it along with Sinemet really takes care of me. And, no dosage shifting, plus slows down dyskinesia from Sinemet. You can take a "medication holiday" with this medicine and restart in a few days, to reinvent the good results, or test to see if it is working for you."

perkie parkie (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 22, 2013

For ADHD: "I saw amazing results! Happy to report that the phone calls from school stopped! His overall behavior improved in so many ways! Saw positive results with concentration and mood. He was pleasant and easy going. He was on 100 mg per day for the past 8 months, teachers, grandparents and friends saw the positive behavior as well. 3 weeks ago, he decided he does not want to take any medication, needless to say I am sad, for I feel that he will go back to struggling with school work and following rules and back to his oppositional attitude. So far in school things are just okay. His attitude at home is not good. Hope he goes back on Amantadine!"

lucky sunday December 14, 2011

For Extrapyramidal Reaction: "My son was given Abilify which caused tarkive dyskinesia. He was then given amantadine for the movements. It seems to be working well but he is now having other problems; peeling on his hands intermittent redness and rashes."

D. Wright November 2, 2011

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "I have been on amantadine intermittently for years to deal with the "viral" component of my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I took 200 mg daily for over 3 years. It helped me when nothing else would. I now take it when I feel a viral episode coming on. Without the drug the viral symptoms (nausea, sick feeling in head and extremities) are much worse. Often times I have difficulty taking drugs, but Amantadine (to my knowledge) has not presented with any prominent side effects. It does seem that when on it for extended periods of time the body gets used to it and it becomes less effective. For that reason, I take it during periods when I need it the most. I am very thankful for this medicine!"

Anonymous November 17, 2010

For Multiple Sclerosis: "I was given this for my chronic fatigue associated with Multiple Sclerosis. It did not work. I DO HAVE a cold And/or the flu NOW. THIS WAS ORDERED BY MY DOCTOR BECAUSE PROVIGIL IS NO LONGER COVER BY MEDICARE PART D. TO DATE PROVIGIL IS THE ONLY MEDICINE THAT HAS WORKED TO KEEP ME AWAKE. "

msfacts21-spam November 17, 2009

For Parkinson's Disease: "I have been on amantadine for 2 months and it has worked at times. Although at times the shaking just continues. The shaking is there as a tremble at all times. Increase of dosage with no further effect. Shaking runs right through medication. I guess it is not for me."

fishhead November 17, 2009

For Multiple Sclerosis: "I've had Multiple Sclerosis for ten years and I'm 31 years old. I've been taking this for about 8 months and have noticed good improvements in my concentration and alertness since taken it."

DLedge August 8, 2009

For Multiple Sclerosis: "I was given this medicine to take for fatigue and it only slowed me down, got dry mouth, and a bit of confusion. I will stop this and contact the doctor."

cherriess4good August 8, 2009

For Multiple Sclerosis: "I was given this for my chronic fatigue at the time only associated with Multiple Sclerosis. It didn't work. I didn't get a cold or the flu during that time though :)"

Emmaann March 14, 2009

For Parkinson's Disease: "Amantadine produced immediate positive results in me, specifically in my ability to move, increased facial expression, and sense of well being."

neuromuser July 13, 2008

For Parkinson's Disease: "Stops the "wiggles" associated with Parkinson's."

Anonymous April 9, 2008