User Reviews for Amantadine

Also known as: Symmetrel

Learn more about Amantadine.

Reviews for Amantadine to treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I have been on amantadine intermittently for years to deal with the "viral" component of my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I took 200 mg daily for over 3 years. It helped me when nothing else would. I now take it when I feel a viral episode coming on. Without the drug the viral symptoms (nausea, sick feeling in head and extremities) are much worse. Often times I have difficulty taking drugs, but Amantadine (to my knowledge) has not presented with any prominent side effects. It does seem that when on it for extended periods of time the body gets used to it and it becomes less effective. For that reason, I take it during periods when I need it the most. I am very thankful for this medicine!

November 17, 2010 2:42 AM