User Reviews for Axert

Learn more about Axert.

Axert review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Axert to treat Migraine

Review by BKayWo (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Took the medicine when I was certain my headache was a migraine and it was completely gone in an hour or less with no side effects. My insurance used to cover it but now I am getting a lot of push back, switched to Relpax which is also a good but still struggling with insurance.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 12:08 PM
Review by meekastinker: User Rating:

Amazing - only thing that works for me- allows me to be at work functioning on medication - all my other meds made me dopey or stupid (stupimax:topamax)

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2014 5:38 AM
Review by Brainpain64 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

This medicine works every time I take it - zero bad side effects. The downside is the cost. And that cost means that some of my migraines must drag on and on.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 27, 2013 8:12 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

When taken at the onset of a migraine, Axert works well with minimal side effects. If I've gone too long before taking it, I will sometimes need a second dose. Typically post-migraine, I am a bit dopey and slow the following day or so. While this could be a reaction from the medication, I think it's mostly just post-migraine symptoms.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 27, 2013 2:52 PM
Review by LessFrequentSufferer (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

This works! I used to suffer, not now. This brand works faster and provides more complete relief than other brands I've tried. It even works if you didn't get to the migraine at the first sign of it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 24, 2013 12:15 AM
Review by Jan S: User Rating:

I rely on this medicine and although it is expensive, it is great!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2013 9:48 AM
Review by Suffering2Much: User Rating:

My migraines seem to have increased in intensity.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 6, 2012 3:06 PM
Review by Serenity needed (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I have tried literally every migraine medicine: Maxalt, Zomig, codeine. I have had migraines for 9 years now and have used Axert for one year. Sometimes it works very well with just one dose combined with Toradol. I have had no side effect with Axert. I use also 50 mg of Topiramate at night before bed. In the Fall weather I have had migraines daily and I am using two doses of Axert (12.5 mg) and probably not waiting a full 24 hours for the next dose. I am now getting Botox injections in the forehead, both sides of the temple and back of the neck. This is a 100cc of Botox every 3 months at $400 a pop. I need to find some relief!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 23, 2012 11:55 PM

Axert has changed my life! I have suffered from migraines since (42 yrs old now) childhood. Knocks my migraines in their tracks usually with one pill. Every once in awhile, I will need to take a second, but you must wait at least 2 hrs after first dosage. All migraine sufferers need AXERT

March 22, 2012 10:20 AM
Review by efed: User Rating:

I was on Amerge for 5 years before a doctor gave me a new migraine prescription for Axert. This has been an AMAZING solution for my migraines. It's highly effective and usually works within an hour of taking a dose, even if I've had the migraine for many hours. I've even had times where it worked within minutes! It's cheaper than the other migraine pills I've taken and literally has ZERO side effects and very few drug interactions. I would highly recommend trying Axert if you are a migraine sufferer.

October 19, 2011 2:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Best thing since slice bread. Very expensive but worth it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 25, 2011 4:46 PM
Review by missa00999: User Rating:

Used to take Axert but then lost my insurance. I never missed work or school. Unfortunately things in life went south and I'm living back home trying to get s new degree and have missed untold days because of migraines. Finally have a primary physician and she won't prescribe it because it can cause serotonin syndrome with my antidepressant. I was on 2 antidepressants when I was on it last. This is day 24 of the May of migraines. I've either woke up with one, had it hit me in the middle of the day or strike by 5pm, EVERY DAY and now I have gastritis so I can only take Tylenol. I know this is a review, I love Axert.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 24, 2011 1:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ONLY migraine medicine that ever worked for me, and with no side effects at all. It would stop a developing migraine in its tracks! Unfortunately, my new job does not offer insurance, and a prescription of Axert without insurance is close to $400. Very upsetting. But when that day comes, I will fill that prescription and no longer have 3 day migraines.

February 11, 2011 11:26 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Only one that ever helped. WHEN will it go generic?

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2011 8:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Axert is my miracle medicine. Can sometimes take up to 1 or 1.5 hours (or longer) to take effect, but works faster for others. Works best in conjunction with Tylenol/Advil. Not only does it COMPLETELY relieve all migraine symptoms, it also relaxes my tense muscles (other triptans cause muscle spasms). No unpleasant side effects, only sleepiness (usually if I stay active I can combat this without trouble, but if I lie down I'm out like a light) and increased urination (really). I literally don't know what I would do without Axert.

January 6, 2011 3:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Works every time within one hour. Insurance only allows 8 per month - sometimes not enough.

April 23, 2009 10:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amazing results if taken early on in onset. Can't believe it! No headache!

December 2, 2008 1:53 PM
Review by hoffmansjh: User Rating:

I take 200 mg of Topamax daily. I have tried Imitrex, Relpax and Maxalt. Maxalt was okay. I have had no side-effects with Axert. It usually relieves my migraines within 10-15 minutes maximum.

July 3, 2008 9:27 PM