User Reviews for Proventil HFA

Learn more about Proventil HFA.

Asthma, acute 2 reviews 165 medications

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Proventil HFA reviews 5 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Proventil HFA

For Asthma, acute "Every year for almost 10 years I had been experiencing severe brochitis, and 3 times it had turned into pneumonia. The only reason it did not result in hospitalization was because I protested. I did have to go back to the hospital for Albuterol treatments each time. Once I started using the Proventil FHA inhaler I noticed I was able to take deep breaths and not experience discomfort, and as of about 6 weeks ago, all the wheezing I had been experiencing had completely disappeared. I would recommend this product for any bronchial and asthmatic condition."

kukuna (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "Since I have been on Pro-Air I haven't been experiencing shortness of breath as much and it has helped my chronic bronchitis as well"

Anonymous March 3, 2012

For Asthma, acute "I have allergy-induced asthma, not true asthma. (sometimes my allergies and sinuses get so bad I get asthma attacks"). My allergy doctor prescribed Proventil HFA to me last year and though I don't use it often, it has helped when I needed it. Only one downfall, it makes me SO jittery. This is a common side effect because you're basically getting a shot of adrenaline in each puff. I find it's best to walk/move around a little after taking it to help wear off the jitters. Because of this side effect, I only use it when I really need it."

ssdfgh July 31, 2011

"This helped me very much. I have had a few side effects but other than that, my asthma didn't bother me much."

Anonymous April 16, 2010

For COPD, Maintenance "I have found this medication to work very well when I feel tight and have shortness of breath. My prescription calls for use every 6 hours but I use it when I feel I need to breath better."

vonjon August 7, 2009

For COPD, Maintenance "Asthma, COPD. I love this inhaler. It works well and I use it less often than other inhalers I have used in the past. I have had asthma for over 20 years. I was using another inhaler when the FDA changed it due to enviromental concerns about the propellents used. The inhaler the pharmacy replaced it with was very "wet" and seemed weak and that it stayed mainly in my mouth. It was actually the pharmacist who suggested Proventil HFA because I mentioned I prefer the "dryer" delivery of albuterol."

JZRA96 April 3, 2009