Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Proventil HFA

Learn more about Proventil HFA.

Asthma, acute 2 reviews 164 medications

COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Proventil HFA reviews 5 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Proventil HFA

Review by kukuna (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: Every year for almost 10 years I had been experiencing severe brochitis, and 3 times it had turned into pneumonia. The only reason it did not result in hospitalization was because I protested. I did have to go back to the hospital for Albuterol treatments each time. Once I started using the Proventil FHA inhaler I noticed I was able to take deep breaths and not experience discomfort, and as of about 6 weeks ago, all the wheezing I had been experiencing had completely disappeared. I would recommend this product for any bronchial and asthmatic condition.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 11, 2013 10:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Since I have been on Pro-Air I haven't been experiencing shortness of breath as much and it has helped my chronic bronchitis as well

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 3, 2012 2:20 PM
Review by ssdfgh: User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: I have allergy-induced asthma, not true asthma. (sometimes my allergies and sinuses get so bad I get asthma attacks"). My allergy doctor prescribed Proventil HFA to me last year and though I don't use it often, it has helped when I needed it. Only one downfall, it makes me SO jittery. This is a common side effect because you're basically getting a shot of adrenaline in each puff. I find it's best to walk/move around a little after taking it to help wear off the jitters. Because of this side effect, I only use it when I really need it.

July 31, 2011 4:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol): This helped me very much. I have had a few side effects but other than that, my asthma didn't bother me much.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2010 12:43 PM
Review by vonjon: User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: I have found this medication to work very well when I feel tight and have shortness of breath. My prescription calls for use every 6 hours but I use it when I feel I need to breath better.

August 7, 2009 4:45 PM
Review by JZRA96: User Rating:

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: Asthma, COPD. I love this inhaler. It works well and I use it less often than other inhalers I have used in the past. I have had asthma for over 20 years. I was using another inhaler when the FDA changed it due to enviromental concerns about the propellents used. The inhaler the pharmacy replaced it with was very "wet" and seemed weak and that it stayed mainly in my mouth. It was actually the pharmacist who suggested Proventil HFA because I mentioned I prefer the "dryer" delivery of albuterol.

April 3, 2009 9:44 AM