User Reviews for Percocet 5/325

Learn more about Percocet 5/325.

Chronic Pain 3 reviews 102 medications

8.9
Pain 22 reviews 912 medications

8.5
Summary of Percocet 5/325 reviews 25 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Percocet 5/325

Review by bonespurs (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Works fairly well when taken around the clock 4 times a day. I take it to treat chronic pain caused by multiple bone spurs in my neck causing nerve compression and severe pain in my shoulder/arm/neck.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by gimp:

For Pain: Since June 9th of this year I have had to have five total right hip replacements. I've dislocated the hip three times and one part wasn't even put in correct after surgery so I had two of the five done in 1 day. I have found that the Percocets numb the pain enough to get you through with daily function of life, yet not zombied or strung out. I take 4 per day.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 12:19 PM

Review by Jonathan4532:

For Pain: I'm 19 and have chronic TMJ joint pain and clicking. I get spouts of breakthrough pain that disables me from talking, eating, and other things that require mouth movements. I recently had the worst pain ever in my jaw and had to go to the ER. Was given Percocet 5/325 and it took away my pain COMPLETELY and helped tremendously. I've tried Vicodin in the past but didn't help my TMJ as much as Percocet does.

July 26, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by Paris14:

For Pain: Been feeling heaviness on chest along with some warming, feels like a chest cold. Been on Percocet for a week and feeling this way for about 3 days.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 5:45 PM

Review by Double D:

My surgeon prescribed Percocet 5/325 after my total Right knee replacement. I've had no problems and complete relief of pain. HIGHLY recommend.

February 21, 2014 10:03 AM

Review by Keoute:

For Pain: Used Percocet when I got my wisdom teeth out. It made the pain tolerable. But the nausea was worse than the pain would have been. I could not even close my eyes because I was so dizzy and sick to my stomach. I had to call the doctor for another pain killer.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by rekke:

For Pain: Had my tonsil (left) out on Wednesday. This is the only medicine that has worked I have been in spook much pain

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 4:09 PM

Review by as9402 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chronic Pain: I take this for fibromyalgia as well as endometriosis. It doesn't make me nauseous and it helps me through the day.

November 9, 2013 3:00 PM

Review by GallstonesRANightmare (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Dr gave these to me for my gallstones until I could have surgery. I kept having attacks every couple days. Took 2 and it saved the day! I had a baby 3 months ago so being able to take something, stay active, and alert was important to me. I'm supposed to be on similar meds for my other conditions but I am not one for medications as they either work really well or not at all.

July 16, 2013 4:23 AM

Review by UncleWallace (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: When diagnosed with a kidney stone, I was prescribed Percocet 5/325 to manage the pain. A warning that if you don't keep ahead of the pain, it is hard to get back under control. I took a dose 2 hours late and it took 6 hours to get the pain reigned back in. Take it properly and it keeps the pain manageable.

June 27, 2013 6:54 PM

Review by mommy301983 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I been suffering with migraines for months now. I tried the over the counter meds none ever works. My doctor gave me migraines medicines still never works and I decide to go to the E.R. and they gave me Percocet 5/325 and it was great. It's a great pain killer ever.

March 12, 2013 5:13 PM

Review by bumbellbee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: I use it for back pain...it works okay for the most part.

January 19, 2013 3:33 AM

Review by Dannyson:

For Pain: I take 2 x 5mg pills for kidney stones. It's like morphine it will make you lightheaded and dizzy. Constipation is a problem with this medicine too.

January 20, 2012 9:30 AM

For Pain: Highly recommended! No side effects beside the slight dizziness that can be expected with any opiate (always make sure to take it with a bite of food!). Works great, but you'll have to taper off your dosage little by little so you don't experience withdrawal symptoms when you don't need it anymore.

August 23, 2011 7:14 PM

Review by denver74:

For Pain: It does very well for pain; I have fibromyalgia and it works for me. It allows me to be able to keep up my 4 active boys; ages 15, 10, 7 and 2. The only reason I don't give it a 10 is that is works quick, but it completely kills my appetite. I otherwise love this medicine.

February 23, 2011 11:50 PM

Review by bishop10:

For Pain: When I first began taking Percocet 5/325 for disc protrusion L5-S1 I became very constipated. My doctor prescribed Polyethylene Glycol a powder for oral solution. This is Malox and it has been a God send for me. I am no longer constipated since about 6months ago. Just take it as prescribed and it truly works.

December 6, 2010 6:21 PM

Review by Badbakmomma:

For Pain: Works great!

December 3, 2010 2:21 AM

For Pain: Percocet is the only medicine that gives me relief from chronic back pain, sciatica, trochanteric bursitis, fibromyalgia, and restless leg pain. I don't even waste my time on any over-the-counter medicines. Been using on and off for about ten years. I can quit anytime I want without any withdrawal symptoms. I'm very pleased with the way it works for me!

September 1, 2010 9:47 AM

Review by Mr. F:

For Pain: Had total knee replacement 2 weeks ago. This drug along with with other pain killers have done a very good job for my pain. I highly recommend it for severe pain.

July 2, 2010 2:06 AM

Review by JimmyX:

For Pain: I've been on it for about 2 years for chronic back pain and it works great. The only problem I see is my doctor has to keep upping my dose because after a while it doesn't last as long.

May 28, 2009 3:40 PM

For Pain: I am recovering from last weeks shoulder surgery (scope without repair). My medical team used a nerve-block as they performed the procedure. I was sent home the same day with percocet 5/325 as my pain reliever. My doctor's nstruction was to: "make sure you get the percocet into your system before the nerve-block wears off." I complied and my pain is managed well.

January 11, 2009 5:07 AM

Review by krycekno:

For Pain: Aside from some nausea, it was very effective for pain.

October 2, 2008 4:55 AM

Review by freddwayne:

For Pain: Finally something that works. I was given this for pain expected after surgery. I only needed to use it twice but I have a neurological disorder and it relieved the pain I was experiencing from that. My neurologist had tried me on everything but this for my pain. I use on occasion for when I really can't take the pain any more

September 11, 2008 9:28 PM

Review by Trebby:

For Pain: I have chronic back pain. I take this medication as needed. This medicine has allowed me to go back to enjoying children, gardening, camping, etc. I have small children so this medication really helps with pain while allowing me to be fully functional as well. Doesn't make me loopy or nauseous. This has been a wonder-drug for me.

June 18, 2008 12:41 PM

For Pain: I've been given this after surgery for cancer and after Childbirth. I'm 29 and this has been a wonderdrug to me. It doesn't make you nauseous like morphine.

June 15, 2008 4:19 PM