Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Tylenol PM

Learn more about Tylenol PM.

Pain 1 reviews 909 medications

Insomnia 7 reviews 98 medications

7.6
Headache 3 reviews 235 medications

Summary of Tylenol PM reviews 11 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Tylenol PM

Review by allyoop13:

For Insomnia: Works great for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2013 4:57 AM

Review by Winnny:

For Insomnia: I've been taking this med - or just the Benadryl, which is the sleep inducing part of Tylenol PM - for several years now, as needed. It definitely helps me to fall asleep more easily when I might otherwise lay awake for an hour or two. I did notice that it seems to loose its effectiveness somewhat if I use it too frequently. I've had no noticeable side effects.

January 26, 2013 2:36 PM

For Insomnia: When I take this medication I sleep through the night with no pain but wake up restless and feeling anxious and nervous all day. Also I get heart palpitations and difficult breathing. You have to be careful with this over the counter medication.

October 24, 2012 8:12 PM

Review by dogsgrandma (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: This medicine works well for me as a sleep agent and also reduces the itching from mosquito bites. However, I have to be careful when I take it because it seems to last for a couple of days. The "withdrawal" from it the next day includes increased pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2012 1:52 PM

For Insomnia: I really like this pill besides the fact that I sleep all day. I take the pill every few days at about 12, when I'm not tired and 15 minutes later I become drowsy. About 30 minutes after that, I'm asleep. but I tend to sleep really late. I don't hear my alarms and I can't get myself out of bed. If you do take this I would consider taking it earlier than you normally would. Other then that this pill is the best I have found and works great just like it says.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2012 2:13 AM

For Insomnia: The last several times I have taken this I have become itchy and restless all night.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2012 3:41 AM

Review by the mommy:

For Headache: I really enjoy taking this when I'm hurting and all I want is to go to bed. Works like a charm for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2010 8:27 PM

Review by lfsilva:

For Headache: This worked for a while then I started getting rebound headaches. I was waking up to excruciating headaches in the mornings after taking these at night after a period of time. They can increase with intensity over time. If you find this happening to you. You need to get off of them. They are rebound headaches.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2009 11:08 AM

For Headache: I ocasionally use Tylenol rapid release during the day and recently developed cold and flu, so I decided to try Tylenol PM at night for better sleep. Make sure to read the drug interactions first, as I spent two restless nights with nervousness. Many of my friends take this product, so I'll pass it on to them, but if you are on other medication, check the list of side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2009 8:52 AM

For Pain: Great. Take 30 minutes before bed and it treats both pain and mild restlessness.

January 4, 2009 5:36 PM

Review by BritTex:

For Insomnia: I've taken other prescription sleep medications in the past but they do tend to make your drowsy and have all sorts of side effects. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and the pain stops me from sleeping. I now take this at bedtime with a small dose prescribed codeine. Between the painkillers and the "sleep" effect of the Tylenol, I truly can't believe how well I am sleeping! Just be aware that this can really make you fall asleep fast so do be ready for bed. I've spoken to four other people who have various pain problems and they all love this medication too.

September 29, 2008 9:14 PM