User Reviews for Acetaminophen/butalbital

Also known as: Axocet, Bucet, Bupap, Butex Forte, Cephadyn, Dolgic, Marten-Tab, Orbivan CF, Phrenilin, Phrenilin Forte, Promacet, Prominol, Sedapap, Tencon, Triaprin

Learn more about Acetaminophen/butalbital.

Headache 11 reviews 236 medications

9.1
Summary of Acetaminophen/butalbital reviews 11 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Acetaminophen/butalbital

Review by Babygirlbecca (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Cephadyn (acetaminophen / butalbital) for Headache: Doctor gave me these for headaches that come and go due to a continuous ringing in my ear. They work great only side effect I had was they made me sleepy. Have recommended to my sister who suffers from major headaches.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2013 12:28 PM

Review by HooterJo (taken for 10 years or more):

For Headache: I've been using Phrenilin for 25 years. I was in an accident 30 years ago and suffered with migraine. This medication is a life saver. I would certainly tell anyone to try it. Cheap enough ($7.29 for 20 pills) and quite often I will cut the pills in half depending on the strength of the migraine. I take at the first sign of migraine (unless I wake up with one, of course) and probably another one after that, and the migraine is at the very least under control. Would absolutely suggest.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2013 11:08 AM

Bupap (acetaminophen / butalbital) for Headache: I suffered from headaches lasting months at a time.. tried so many different Drs and medications, until the other day I got some samples of Bupap. OMG! I forgot what it felt like to feel normal. People at work ask me what did I do, that I look different today. I say, "I don't have a headache".

January 16, 2012 1:01 PM

Bupap (acetaminophen / butalbital) for Headache: I used this medication for over 25 years. It was very helpful for quite awhile and although I never abused it, I began experiencing rebound headaches, at which point I had to discontinue this medicine and am in the process of finding something else that works-guided by my neurologist.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2011 3:16 PM

For Headache: A 51 year old chronic migraine sufferer, Butalbital compound (with caffeine and Codeine called Fiorinal) has changed my life. Once afraid of the addictive nature of barbiturates I would not take this when needed and was down with a migraine for days. Now I take it at the first sign as prescribed by my doctor, even at work and am 100% in an hour. Even when having to take it later by not having some with me when a Migraine presented itself, "Fiorinal" has been a lifesaver, reducing the severity and complexity of symptoms resulting in a severe but manageable headache until completely resolving symptoms with another dosage and sleep. It's important to note that regular checks of Liver functions by blood test every 3-6 months is recommended by my doctor.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2010 4:33 AM

Review by Caitlin22:

Bupap (acetaminophen / butalbital) for Headache: I had a tension headache that lasted over 15 days. Demerol helped me for a couple hours, then the headache came back. It progressively became worse and worse until I was near vomiting and was crying from the pain. Half a pill and a night's rest made my headache go completely away. A few minor, short ones have come back, but Bupap was my life saver. I have another extremely painful headache, and I just took a full pill, so let's hope this will help my headache again.

April 12, 2010 4:11 PM

Review by Kim38506:

Cephadyn (acetaminophen / butalbital) for Headache: My doctor prescribed Cephadyn for my headaches, which come and go. The headaches immediately subsided. I had no side effects, and I am on a moderate amount of medication for different diagnosis.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2009 3:05 PM

Review by opi:

Bupap (acetaminophen / butalbital) for Headache: I have tried multiple medications for my migraines and Bu-pap has worked the best. I am able to take the medication and not feel sleepy. The best part about it is that I can treat my migraine at work.

August 28, 2008 4:34 PM

Cephadyn (acetaminophen / butalbital) for Headache: I have had severe problems with allergies after moving to a new area. Sinus problems and then surgery. I have suffered from migraines and sinus headaches. Once the infection cleared cephadyn removed the headache. It does not take care of the severe headache with infection.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2008 10:39 PM

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2008 10:37 PM

Review by mountain woman:

Cephadyn (acetaminophen / butalbital) for Headache: this totaly got rid of my headache i had had for four days.i could not take it at work as it made me very sleepy-relaxed.i took one at night for two days and woke up with no headache.these are migraine type headaches that were menopause induced.

March 7, 2008 10:27 PM