User Reviews for Acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine

Also known as: Fioricet with Codeine, Floricet with Codeine, Phrenilin with Caffeine and Codeine

Learn more about Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine/codeine.

Headache 13 reviews 237 medications

9.6
Summary of Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine/codeine reviews 13 reviews 9.6

Reviews for Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine/codeine

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "So far this is one of the best medications that I have tried for my headaches."

Mevie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2015

For Headache: "Stops migraines immediately. No other medication will help. Seems that pharmacies did not have it in stock lately. What's going on? I have taken this medication for 18 years."

Dwo April 12, 2015

For Headache: "This medication does help but have to take 2-3 pills for complete resolution of migraine. With the codeine as am ingredient that helps the most to put me to sleep so I can sleep off the migraine."

SaydeesMom1127 March 29, 2015

For Headache: "Been taking for over 25 years works and never had a problem."

Rebel 34 (taken for 10 years or more) September 24, 2014

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "My headaches have been a true mix of both tension/migraine. I cannot tolerate triptans, due to heart and blood pressure issues. I could not function without this medicine, when I have a bad headache, that can keep me in bed for days. One warning, as I've been on and off these for 20 plus years - and you will be up a tolerance, and risk of rebounds - so take early when you feel one coming on, so as not to need more during the day."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 29, 2013

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "Best ever. I can't take if I'm going to work however, as it makes it difficult to concentrate."

Zerya July 23, 2013

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "This is the one thing I tried that actually enhanced my life. The headache finally went away and I got on with my life to enjoy my children."

Russia 07 February 4, 2012

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "It really helped me out. I used to be on the regular Fioricet and then my migraines got worse and the dr changed me to the Fioricet with codiene. I like this one much better, however it gives me a strange feeling after about 30 min. It's not a bad feeling but its waaawaaa is the best decription. It helps control my migraines though. I don't have many side effects except constipation."

KrysAnn February 3, 2012

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for : "I found that while this medicine does relieve some of the pressure the migraine is still there. It also makes me nauseated."

Anonymous December 11, 2011

For Headache: "When you're out of options when it comes to severe migraines, Fioricet is a life saver. Even after trying Tylenol, Motrin, Excedrin, Imitrex, etc. to no avail, my mother was prescribed Fioricet for her headaches. I took two and after maybe 15 minutes, my crippling migraine was gone! And when I say crippling, I mean it. I can't open my eyes without vomiting, severe pain across my forehead, light and sound sensitivity... Fioricet, even WITHOUT codeine, is a God sent. I would recommend anyone with severe headaches to ask their doctor about it."

Migraine No More! July 7, 2010

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "This medication is wonderful for patients who cannot tolerate triptans. I had a terrible cardiac reaction to Relpax years ago and spent a night in the hospital being monitored. I am a healthy, young woman so this experience was horrifying and I was very afraid that I would never find relief for my migraines. My neurologist prescribed this medication along with starting Botox treatments. She was right on the money with this treatment plan! My headaches have become less frequent and far less severe and with the addition of Fioricet with codeine, I can easily treat my migraines with minimum intrusion into my busy life."

Anonymous June 16, 2010

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "I suffered chronic migraines from allergies to environmental factors for which nobody seemed to want to give me anything. OTC drugs were useless. Imitrex was a life-saver. I was the first one in line when the shot to the leg was invented, but it seemed a little radical for the everyday 8-10s. Then one doctor gave me Fioricet with codeine. It worked. AT last a drug that worked. When I returned for more he told me I couldn't have it because it worked too well. Is this not a stupid society. Fifteen years of pain and suffering through work and kids' events and when I find something that works I am told I can't have it because it works."

thekeek June 16, 2010

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "I am surprised that a pain management specialist would give this drug as a first choice. The entire Triptan line starting with the first drug exclusively for migraine headaches, Imitrex, is available for migraine headaches. Any Triptan that is administered and results are felt within 15-20 minutes, also prove that the headache is a migraine. Headache epidemiology is quite complex and the migraine may be masking a tension headache or vice versa. Fioricet with codeine has a place in tension headaches, but not really in most true migraines. I take this drug, or another like it, after I take Maxalt (one of the triptan drugs), if there is still pain left after the Maxalt has relieved the migraine aspect of the headache. In that case it is a 10."

Fellow migraneur (male) December 31, 2009

Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: "This drug is amazing! Within minutes my migraine went down and it took the pressure off my eyes! I'm so amazed by this! I have also arthritis and it also helped me take some pressure off my back. Its a blue and yellow capsule. It has 30mg of codeine in it I believe. I was dying all day literally with this migraine. I couldn't move or it was worse. I went to my pain management doctor for a refill on another medicine and I told him about this migraine and he did a great job of taking good care of me! Thank you."

sarah e. November 21, 2009