User Reviews for 5-HTP

Learn more about 5-HTP.

Reviews for 5-HTP to treat Insomnia

Review by BigBrainTheory:

I love 5-htp because it not only helps with my sleeping patterns but its definitely had a noticeable difference in me having a better, non-dreading approach to life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2014 2:00 AM

Review by WaterskiGirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Natural alternative - prescribed by my M.D. helped 'boost' effect of Lunesta when I wasn't sleeping long enough at night.

July 28, 2012 5:51 PM

It works very well with my Ambien pills which have almost stopped working but can't sleep without (sounds familiar to chronic insomniacs I guess). I fall asleep amazingly fast (faster than at any time in my life) and I sleep up to 8 hours which I had forgotten about even on Ambien! I take only 50mg in late afternoon with food because I have a sensitive stomach. I wish I had tried this before.

August 11, 2011 12:04 PM

Learn more about Insomnia

More about 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)

Professional resources