Can you combine Percocet with a Tylenol for fever?

No! Percocet has Tylenol in it, you could harm your liver if you take too much Tylenol.
I wish you a speedy recovery,
Lara

You can if the amount of acetaminophen doesnt exceed 650mg in one single dose or 4000mg in a 24 hour period. So if your Percocet are the kind with 325mg of acetaminophen, you may take an additional 325mg acetaminophen tablet but no more than 12 tablets of either together.

DzooBaby 13 Jun 2013

Look people, it is FINE to take one Percocet with one additional Tylenol 325mg (or even a 500mg for that matter). That is only 650mg of Tylenol altogether (or 825mg if you take a 500) from all sources. For years, people have been taking Tylenol Extra Strength which are 500mg each (and almost everybody takes two for 1000mg) without thinking a thing of it and that is more Tylenol than we are talking here by adding one Tylenol with a percocet. The maximum dosage at one dose is 1000mg and the maxiumum in a 24 hour period is 4000mg or 3000mg if you drink more than 2 alcoholic beverages a day. One Percocet is likely not enough acetaminophen to bring down a fever so one additional Tylenol tablet is FINE and it wont poison your liver at this dose. The problem comes in with drugs like Vicodin ES which have 750mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol) a pop. People were mixing these with extra Tylenol and it was hurting them. Percocet has only 325mg per pill so there is room to add one more Tylenol tablet if someone wants too.

Yes, as long as you do not exceed the daily dose (and Max one time recomended) dose of Tylenol as percocet already has 325 mg of tylenol in it.
While generally safe for use at recommended doses (1,000 mg per single dose and up to 4,000 mg per day for adults of Tylenol), acute overdoses of Tylenol can cause potentially fatal kidney, brain and liver damage and, in rare individuals, a normal dose can do the same especialy when combined with alcohol.

No , I wouldn't do this because Percocet already has Tylenol in it and if that hasn't helped the fever, I doubt if taking more tylenol will. But I am not a medical professional so you should consult your doctor or even your pharmacist before taking anymore tylenol with percocet, besides, too much Tylenol can really cause harm to your liver.