Which works better symbicort or spiriva? I have gained weight on symbicort will spiriva do the same?

Anonymous

I was lead to understand that symbicort is used as a asthma prevenitive, which I have taken on & off over the years because of astma, but because it caused me to get thrush in the mouth I was put on another drug alvesco which has a lower dose of cortisone in it so its less likely to cause this problem in people like me ! You mentioned does spiriva gain weight ? I am on this drug because I have been diagnosed with COPD due to years of smoking, my age is 60. I cant see anyone putting on weight with this product so read up all known side effects with this drug then you will have a better knowledge. good luck candypq

gillyj 20 Jul 2011

I have been on spiriva for about 18 months now and have gained loads of weight, however I have stopped smoking so I'm not sure what is to blame. I eat healthily and don't snack on sweet stuff, it's tough but I wish you luck, I will be 60 this year and also have COPD through smoking, what a bummer!!!

Anonymous

weightgain, just a quick question, did you quit smoking recently? Using these type of Asthma meds, I did, & gained 25 to 30 pounds. Can't seem to lose it either, & it's been six years or more! My doc thinks it was the Lyrica I used to take for Fibromyalgia, but I think not smoking really slowed my metabolism, plus I'm getting older & slowing down. Things to think about. Good luck to you