What is the usual adult dose of ritalin?

The dose of Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) the doctor prescribes will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:

* Your age
* Other narcolepsy or ADHD medications you may have tried
* Other medical conditions you may have
* Other medications you may be taking.

Dose of Ritalin for ADHD and Narcolepsy
For children age six and over, Ritalin should be started at 5 mg twice daily (before breakfast and lunch). If necessary, your child's healthcare provider may slowly increase the dose up to Ritalin 60 mg per day.

For adults with narcolepsy, the total dosage of Ritalin per day is usually 20 mg to 30 mg (divided into two or three doses). Some people may need less Ritalin, while others may need as much as 60 mg per day.

Hope the info helps? Please be well & safe, do not self medicate.