What is the strongest narcotic prescription available for pain?

lets not forget now they use methadone and there is also dilaudid as well they use..They are powerful and need to be monitored

mg for mg fentanyl is the strongest narcotic

Opana, oxymorphone hydrochloride, is a 12 hour opiate available in different strengths. I have taken it for a couple of years and can definitely tell the difference in my pain level when I forget to take it.

All narcotic agents have a dissociative effect that helps patients manage pain. It does not actually deaden the pain, but works to dissociate patients from the pain. Commonly used narcotics, listed in ascending order of potency (strength) include:

codeine; propoxyphene (e.g. Darvocet); hydrocodone (e.g. Vicodin); oxycodone (e.g. Percocet, Oxycontin).

In general, narcotic medications can be highly effective in treating back pain for short periods of time (less than two weeks). After the initial two weeks, the body rapidly builds a natural tolerance to narcotic medications and they lose their effectiveness. While some physicians believe that narcotics can be used long-term at low doses to treat chronic pain, narcotics are most commonly used to treat severe acute (short-term) low back pain or post-operative pain.

It would be very highly recommended to seek medical advice before you take any pain narcotic meds, take care, be safe & well!