2 Aug 2010
Yes, Zithromax (azithromycin) is a prescription antibiotic that is licensed to treat a number of common infections. It is part of a class of antibiotics called macrolides. Other medicines in this class include clarithromycin and erythromycin.
Zithromax is licensed to treat a number of conditions. Some uses for Zithromax include:
* Treatment of bacterial infections, such as: Respiratory infections (including bronchitis); Ear infections (otitis media); Sinus infections (sinusitis); Pneumonia; Throat infections (tonsillitis/pharyngitis); Skin infections (cellulitis, folliculitis or impetigo); Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
* Sexually transmitted diseases (STD), including: Gonorrhea; Chlamydia; Chancroid.
For further details a specialist would be able to provide more details, please consult a doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med, be well & safe!
- Zithromax Information for Consumers
- Zithromax Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Zithromax (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
1 answer • 12 Nov 2010
... treatment , if I have 2 tablets of Cefixime 200 mg meaning I can take by 1 time
1 answer • 18 Dec 2010
what is the time interval for taking amoxil
1 answer • 7 Mar 2011
How does it react in the body?
1 answer • 11 May 2013
1 answer • 26 Aug 2014