Can you empty out part of a vyvanse pill and only take half?

Hi camels2011,
Not a good idea!! One is never supposed to open a capsule.
To be sure, please call your pharmacist.
If your vyvanase (sp) prescription is too much for you, call your doc and ask for a lower dose.
Best wishes!!

No u can not do that! please see your doc for lower dose. Von-1

Anonymous 28 Sep 2011

Well seems Im wrong. I was just going my what the ped I worked for recomended. Sorry! Von

Anonymous 28 Sep 2011

Oh heck, Vonnie pie, who cares. We're all wrong at times. I didn't even know the answer because I wasn't familiar with the drug so I cheated & looked it up! Have a great day girly... Mary

Actually, yes you can open it, but I don't think you should be changing the dose without the doctors approval. This is from Drugs A to Z:How should I take Vyvanse?

Take Vyvanse exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.

Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.

Do not take Vyvanse in the evening because it may cause sleep problems (insomnia).

Vyvanse may be taken with or without food.

The capsule should be swallowed whole. You may also open the Vyvanse capsule and sprinkle the medicine into a glass of water. After the medicine has dissolved, drink this mixture right away. Do not save the mixture for later use. Discard the empty capsule.
Hope this helps you...

Hi camels,

Yes, my son had to go down from 30 to 15 for awhile. The pediatrician told me to take 1 ounce of water, open the capsule, pour the content in and drink half the water with vyvanse in it. Just make sure your doctor wants you to cut the amount before trying it o.k.?