After stopping methotrexate, how long should I wait before consumingalcohol?

Half-Life: The terminal half-life reported for Methotrexate is approximately three to ten hours for patients receiving treatment for psoriasis, or rheumatoid arthritis or low dose antineoplastic therapy (less than 30 mg/m2). For patients receiving high doses of Methotrexate, the terminal half-life is eight to 15 hours.

It takes 5.5 x elimination half life for a medicine to be cleared from your system... so methotrexate will be out of your system in 82.5 hours (5.5 x 15 hours - using maximum half life), so you should be able to drink alcohol after that.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/methotrexate.html

CAVU 14 May 2013

I would advise caution in taking the previous poster's advice:

While the half-life of methotrexate in serum is in the range of 6 to 8 hours after administration, and is often undetectable in the serum after 24 hours; methotrexate and 7-hydroxymethotrexate are metabolized to polyglutamate derivatives. Methotrexate polyglutamates (MTXGlu) are stored in the tissues, including the liver and erythrocytes, for long periods.

The concentration of MTXGlu in erythrocytes roughly correlates with the therapeutic efficacy of the drug, which is a much longer period of time than is implied by simple elimination from blood serum.

Therefore, one cannot simply use the half life of MTX in serum as a guide to safe alcohol consumption while taking MTX.