Konyne 80 Side Effects
Generic Name: factor ix complex
Note: This page contains information about the side effects of factor ix complex. Some of the dosage forms included on this document may not apply to the brand name Konyne 80.
Not all side effects for Konyne 80 may be reported. You should always consult a doctor or healthcare professional for medical advice. Side effects can be reported to the FDA here.
For the Consumer
Applies to factor ix complex: powder for solution
In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by factor ix complex (the active ingredient contained in Konyne 80). In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.
You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking factor ix complex:Less common or rare
- Changes in facial skin color
- fast or irregular breathing
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes
- shortness of breath, troubled breathing, tightness in chest, and/or wheezing
- skin rash, hives, and/or itching
You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking factor ix complex:More common
- Bluish coloring (especially of the hands and feet)
- dizziness or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position
- increased heart rate
- large blue or purplish patches in the skin (at places of injection)
- nausea or vomiting
- pains in chest, groin, or legs (especially calves)
- persistent bleeding from puncture sites, gums, or inner linings of the nose and/or mouth, or blood in the stool or urine
- severe pain or pressure in the chest and/or the neck, back, or left arm
- severe, sudden headache
- shortness of breath or fast breathing
- sudden loss of coordination
- sudden and unexplained slurred speech, vision changes, and/or weakness or numbness in arm or leg
You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking factor ix complex:Less common
- Burning or stinging at place of injection
- changes in blood pressure or pulse rate
- nausea or vomiting
- redness of face
- shortness of breath
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to factor ix complex: intravenous powder for injection
General side effects have included fever and chills.
Cardiovascular side effects have included flushing, and changes in pulse rate and blood pressure.
Dermatologic side effects have included urticaria.
Gastrointestinal side effects have included nausea and vomiting.
Hematologic side effects have included intravascular coagulation, thrombosis, and emboli.
Nervous system side effects have included headache, somnolence, lethargy, and tingling.
Respiratory side effects have included respiratory distress, chest pain, and cough.
More about Konyne 80 (factor ix complex)
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.