VasovistTreatment for Diagnostic
EPIX Provides Update Regarding Status of Vasovist Appeal
Andrew Uprichard, president of EPIX commented, "We are pleased to have the opportunity to discuss the process and next steps in our appeal with the Agency. Once we have a response from the Agency, which we now expect late in the second quarter, we will update the market accordingly."
Vasovist is an injectable intravascular contrast agent designed to provide visual imaging of the vascular system through MRA. The initial target indication for Vasovist is for use in magnetic resonance angiography imaging of non-coronary vascular disease. Vasovist has been approved for marketing in 32 countries including all 27 member states of the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Australia and Canada. Vasovist is marketed by Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany.
EPIX Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel pharmaceutical products through the use of proprietary technology to better diagnose, treat and manage patients. The company has five internally-discovered therapeutic and imaging drug candidates currently in clinical trials targeting conditions such as depression, Alzheimer's disease, cardiovascular disease and obesity. These drug candidates include PRX-08066 in Phase 2 clinical development for pulmonary hypertension associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, PRX-03140 which is in a Phase 2a clinical trial in Alzheimer's disease, PRX-00023 which is in a Phase 2b clinical trial in major depressive disorder, and PRX-07034, which is in Phase 1 clinical development for the treatment of obesity and cognitive impairment. The company also has a blood-pool imaging agent (Vasovist) approved in 32 countries and marketed in Europe. EPIX also has collaborations with leading organizations, including GlaxoSmithKline, Amgen, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics, and Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany.
This news release contains express or implied forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, that are based on current expectations of management. These statements relate to, among other things, our expectations regarding the timing of the FDA's formal response to our appeal regarding Vasovist. These statements are neither promises nor guarantees, but are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control, and which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in these forward-looking statements. In particular, the risks and uncertainties include, among other things: our failure to comply with regulations relating to our products and product candidates, including FDA requirements; failure to obtain the financial resources to complete development of product candidates; the risk that the FDA may interpret the results of our studies differently than we have; the risk that clinical trials may not result in marketable products; the risk that we may be unable to successfully secure regulatory approval of and market our drug candidates; and risks of new, changing and competitive technologies and regulations in the U.S. and internationally. Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. We undertake no obligation to update or revise the information contained in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise. For additional information regarding these and other risks that we face, see the disclosure contained in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q.
Posted: April 2007
- EPIX Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Approval of Vasovist (gadofosveset trisodium) - December 22, 2008
- EPIX Pharmaceuticals Announces Resubmission of New Drug Application for Vasovist - July 1, 2008
- Epix Pharmaceuticals Files Formal Appeal for Vasovist with the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research - February 28, 2007
- Epix Pharmaceuticals to File Appeal with the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research for Vasovist - December 14, 2006
- Epix Pharmaceuticals Receives Response from the FDA Regarding Appeal of Vasovist Approvable Letters - August 28, 2006
- FDA Extends Review of EPIX Pharmaceuticals’ Appeal of Vasovist Approvable Letters - July 28, 2006
- EPIX Pharmaceuticals Files Appeal with FDA Regarding Vasovist Approvable Letters - June 30, 2006
- FDA Issues Approvable Letter for Blood-Pool Contrast Agent Vasovist - November 23, 2005
- EPIX Submits Response to FDA Approvable Letter - May 23, 2005
- FDA has completed its review of the NDA for MS-325 - January 14, 2005