ZimultiTreatment for Obesity
Sanofi-aventis Received from the FDA an Approvable Letter for Rimonabant for Weight Management and a Non Approvable Letter for Smoking Cessation
PARIS, February 17, 2006 -- Sanofi-aventis announced today that it has received from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Division of Metabolism and Endocrinology Products an approvable letter for rimonabant for weight management, and from the Division of Anesthesia, Analgesia and Rheumathology Products a non approvable letter for smoking cessation.
Sanofi-aventis will continue to work in close collaboration with the FDA.
Rimonabant is the first in a new class of therapeutic agents called CB(1) blockers.
Posted: February 2006
- Sanofi-aventis to Discontinue all Clinical Trials with rimonabant - November 6, 2008
- Rimonabant - Regulatory Update in Europe - November 14, 2007
- Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use Post-authorisation Summary of Positive Opinion for Acomplia/Zimulti - July 19, 2007
- Rimonabant Regulatory Update in the United States - June 29, 2007
- Weight Loss Drug Rimonabant Can Cause Serious Physical and Psychological Harm and Birth Defects, Public Citizen Tells FDA - June 14, 2007
- FDA Advisory Committee Did Not Recommend Approval of Rimonabant (Zimulti) for Use in Obese and Overweight Patients With Associated Risks Factors - June 13, 2007
- Rimonabant USA: Update - Mar 26, 2007 - March 26, 2007
- Sanofi-aventis Acknowledges FDA Announcement of an Advisory Committee Meeting for rimonabant - March 26, 2007
- Rimonabant USA: Update - Feb 12, 2007 - February 12, 2007
- Rimonabant Update in the United States - December 8, 2006
- Rimonabant Accepted for Filing By the FDA - June 23, 2005