Flat, round, white pill with 222 imprint
    haybetch is offline New Member

Default Flat, round, white pill with 222 imprint

Hi, the other day I found a pill that is small, white, round, and flat with the numbers "222" imprinted on one side, and the other side is blank. Any suggestions?

frogwater is offline New Member

i think this might be a tylenol 222, which is a type of tylenol sold in canada. it contains a small amount of codein in it, but i'm not really sure if that is the imprint code on those pills or not

ib2tight is offline Junior Member

kirby

USA
    1496 Posts
    Posted - 12/06/2004 : 19:19:24
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tablet is a Canadian "222" made by Johnson & Johnson - Merck Consumer. The pill contains 375 mg aspirin, 30 mg (or 15 mg) caffeine and 8 mg codeine phosphate. It's an over-the-counter medication in Canada.

I'm not sure about the amount of caffeine. Two databases (one governmental) say 30 mg and another source says 15 mg. And a quick internet search brought up online pharmacies who state it's 15 mg caffeine.

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Thanks, ib2tight for bringing this post up again.

The different caffeine thing has really bothered me. My mistake.

Per one source (with a great big bold note which I overlooked when posting), CAFFEINE 15 MG IS EQUIVALENT TO 30 MG CAFFEINE CITRATE. So all databases are correct. I failed to copy the "citrate" part from the sources showing more caffeine. I did not know the difference. And I still don't know since I'm not a chemist.

I'll leave it up to you all to figure out if this fact is important.

I apologize for any confusion.

I'm not a pharmacist or a medical doctor. This message is not medical advice, nor is at an offer to provide medical advice. All drug identifications should be validated by a licensed MD or pharmacist.