Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37
Like Tree13Likes
How long does methadone withdrawals last
  1. #1
    helpformyhusband is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1

    Default How long does methadone withdrawals last

    My husband has had chronic pain for 8 yrs now. He got addicted to pain meds then herion. He has been on methadone for almost 2 yrs now. His current dose is 180mg. He also had another addiction surface about a year ago. Crack. He could stay clean for months then relapse. during the time he was using he would steal from me and his parents. We have had to have him put in jail 2 previous times over the year and he would stay 5-6 days with no methadone.He would tell me how bad he felt leg cramps,chills,fever,stomach ache and so on. 5 days ago we put him back in jail this time he will be there for a few months. I just want to know how long does it take for the withdrawals to stop?
    Is there anything to help the withdrawals that he could get in jail?

  2. #2
    mtlmd is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I would highly suggest that they know about his addiction in jail. Getting off such high doses of methadone will be awful and he needs professional help! He should be in a treatment facility not a jail. He will need to go through the physical withdrawl - hopefully with meds to help his symptoms, but also psychological help/support. He obviously has significant issues if he is using other drugs besides methadone. The important thing is for you to be supportive of him. Most people don't get into this becuase they want to. I started using dilaudid 6-7 yrs ago for kidney stone pain and then started using it even when I didn't have pain. I managed an out-patient withdrawl with plenty of meds (clonidine, valium and stuff for cramps and nausea) and then saw a psychologist. I was fine for over 4 years but got a kidney stone during my pregnancy. I got morphine at first but every time I tried not to take something for the pain (I was worried about the baby), I started to get contractions. They put me on methadone. It has been very difficult to get off of. Even though I don't have drug cravings I still have physical symptoms. I am back taking clonidine (only for a day or 2) and some valium to ease the anxiety and restlessness but it is much better this time than last. I was only on 10 mg of methadone when I stopped and had more than enough symptoms. I can't imagine what your husband is going through going cold turkey from 180 mg per day. He REALLY needs professional help. Methadone withdrawl takes longer than other narcotics like codeine or morphine but the bad symptoms last only 1-2 weeks (if he goes cold turkey) - but he should probably be weaned off his meds slowly so he doesn't suffer too much. The problem is that is HE doesn't want to quit than any treatment he gets is worthless. IT is wonderful that you are being supportive but the motivation has to come from him.
    Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

  3. #3
    cantstandit is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Someone may certainly get away with bad withdrawal symptoms only lasting 1-2 weeks, but that appears to be somewhat rare. I can tell you after having just gotten off of methadone myself, that the worst symptoms lasted almost a month and after 5 weeks the restless legs and cramps finally disappeared. My experience seems to be more similar to others than just 1 to 2 weeks. Methadone withdrawal is wicked and you are one of the lucky ones if you get away with just a week or two.
    tes72 likes this.

  4. #4
    claire2005 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3

    Default

    i have been off methadone for the last year, the detox was alot harder than i thught it would be, and it took a couple off months for my body to feel better again, its harder to ajust to every day life i found, dealing with emotions and everyday situations very hard. you need a really good support system, i still see my counciller foreveryday issues witch i find really hard.also love you have to love your self and belive in yourself again and to mke somone who has abused them selfs belive in them selfs again is relly hard. its a long road, it just dont happen over a couple of months, as you have to learn how to be a differeny person.
    coming off drugs, >>>>>> and meth was the best desision of my life, even if its really hard, but hay there is light at the end of the tunnel i promise.

  5. #5
    claire2005 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by claire2005

    i have been off methadone for the last year, the detox was alot harder than i thught it would be, and it took a couple off months for my body to feel better again, its harder to ajust to every day life i found, dealing with emotions and everyday situations very hard. you need a really good support system, i still see my counciller foreveryday issues witch i find really hard.also love you have to love your self and belive in yourself again and to mke somone who has abused them selfs belive in them selfs again is relly hard. its a long road, it just dont happen over a couple of months, as you have to learn how to be a differeny person.
    coming off drugs, >>>>>> and meth was the best desision of my life, even if its really hard, but hay there is light at the end of the tunnel i promise.
    i was an addict for 15 years, herion, meth and crack

  6. #6
    Jo5hu4 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default hey everyone

    today is my 3rd day since stopping methadone cold turkey after a couple months of use and it is the worst thing i think i have ever experienced, i know theres plenty of people on here who have it much worse off than i do and i wasn't even prescribed to this horrible drug. its has really been a downward spiral of opiate use that started about a year and a half ago when i started taking vicodin as a recreational user then gradually used other things like percocet more and more just taking whatever i could get my hands on but if i had done a little more research on methadone then i would have probably been a little more careful. it scares me when i read about people who say it can take months even years to fully recover from withdrawls but i am a huge fan of this and other discussion sites becasuse they offer not only suggestions on how you can make it easier but they offer hope in hearing everyone's personal struggles. i'm just a dumb kid who got mixed up with this stuff and am definetly paying for it as i haven't been able to sleep more than a few minutes every night so far due to all the discomfort. I have however read other discussions and have found for myself that the right vitamins and nutrition everyday have certainly improved my daily life but not so much my ability to sleep. i am currently taking supplements that include L-tyrosin, B-6 and a multi-vitamin supplement that also include magnesium and zinc which i read are two other important ones. i dont have any kind of health insurance so i cant really visit a doctor without having to pay alot of money but it would be great to hear of anything else that will help me with this. thanks hope to hear from anyone who reads this.

  7. #7
    newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Methadone withdrawal lasts a pretty long time, unfortunately, due to it's long half life. If he's going to be away a few months, he will be done with the acute withdrawals when he comes home. Some states do give you methadone in jail. I live in NY and I know they do. Some not. If he is really really ill, they might give him comfort meds but he is definitely going to have w/d.

  8. #8
    MurderMyLove is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    WOWWW.... Are you serious?? You put a METHADONE patient in JAIL??? He does not belong in jail because he stole money off your dresser. He needs a TREATMENT FACILITY and DETOX. Coming cold turkey off of a dose that high is almost ALWAYS fatal. It causes massive heart attacks, heart failure, seizures and death. And if he is in there for a few months, he might just commit suicide from how he feels. Seriously honey, you really dropped the ball on this one. I am currently coming off cold turkey from 4 years at HALF HIS dose and my limbs are pulling together seizing up. This is the WORST PAIN OF MY ENTIRE LIFE AND I HAVE CHILDREN AND HAVE FALLEN OUT OF A VEHICLE GOING 65 MPH!! Seriously.. you screwed up, you FAILED this man.. your husband that is. IF HIS USE IS THAT SERIOUS, LEAVE HIM!!! HE WILL GET THE HELP WHEN HE WANTS IT.. NOT WHEN YOU WANT IT BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU. This is a selfish disease and it's an even more selfish recovery. HE is the ONLY ONE that can make this decision. FAMILY MEMBERS... you need to back off your loved ones that are using.. they will come around when they are ready. It makes it worse when you push because it makes ppl feel worse about themself.
    tes72 likes this.

  9. #9
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MurderMyLove View Post
    WOWWW.... Are you serious?? You put a METHADONE patient in JAIL??? He does not belong in jail because he stole money off your dresser. He needs a TREATMENT FACILITY and DETOX. Coming cold turkey off of a dose that high is almost ALWAYS fatal. It causes massive heart attacks, heart failure, seizures and death. And if he is in there for a few months, he might just commit suicide from how he feels. Seriously honey, you really dropped the ball on this one. I am currently coming off cold turkey from 4 years at HALF HIS dose and my limbs are pulling together seizing up. This is the WORST PAIN OF MY ENTIRE LIFE AND I HAVE CHILDREN AND HAVE FALLEN OUT OF A VEHICLE GOING 65 MPH!! Seriously.. you screwed up, you FAILED this man.. your husband that is. IF HIS USE IS THAT SERIOUS, LEAVE HIM!!! HE WILL GET THE HELP WHEN HE WANTS IT.. NOT WHEN YOU WANT IT BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU. This is a selfish disease and it's an even more selfish recovery. HE is the ONLY ONE that can make this decision. FAMILY MEMBERS... you need to back off your loved ones that are using.. they will come around when they are ready. It makes it worse when you push because it makes ppl feel worse about themself.
    hey ladiiii, i think you should check the dates on the posts you read before ya come on here guns blazing, and how the hell do you get the statement, ""He does not belong in jail because he stole money off your dresser.'' the lady never said that at all, she said, ""he has stolen of her and her parents""

    i dunno where ya get off suddenly defending this mans behaviour, and in such a way...., jeez there comes a time, partners of addicts have to make some tough choices, (usually coz the addict cant be bothered with choices) and this long time ago post seems just that....

    oh and massive heart attacks, seizures and death, give me a break.... cold turkey off methadone might suck, but ya dont die.... i know....

    jeeeeeeez, where dya get off writing one whole post, full of bs attitude.

    and methadone patient or not, a theif is a theif is a theif....

    and as for ALMOST ALWAYS FATAL, where on earth do you get this propoganda from. ?? its bs.... total bs.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-20-2011 at 11:08 PM.

  10. #10
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Cheeky was a methadone user for around 20 years, shot it up too I think. Sucks for you I guess :/

  11. #11
    ANDRINA420 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Words of a doctor

    It would be rare that a person is not stretched to the absolute limit—body, mind, and spirit--in the process of withdrawing from methadone.

  12. #12
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    All your tough tongue posts sure did disappear quickly! If you go to jail you did something wrong so I don't have much sympathy for people in jail withdrawing from methadone. From what ive heard its actually easier because your mind is somewhere else and you have no options. I'm on mmt myself so I'm not just speaking out of my rear, I know that detoxing off methadone is nasty but,

    1- if you end up in jail, your bad!

    2-detoxing of methadone should be very drawn out. 100+mg doses should taper over a year minimum imo. If you say you don't have the time you should have never of started mmt as its something that should not be rushed. Rushing detox of any drug will just lead you right back to relapse.

  13. #13
    newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    and people do NOT have massive heart attacks kicking methadone. It sucks for sure but I've never heard of anyone having a heart attack or dying!! I know what I'm talking about also having been on mmtp for a long, long time.

  14. #14
    MurderMyLove is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    hey ladiiii, i think you should check the dates on the posts you read before ya come on here guns blazing, and how the hell do you get the statement, ""He does not belong in jail because he stole money off your dresser.'' the lady never said that at all, she said, ""he has stolen of her and her parents""

    i dunno where ya get off suddenly defending this mans behaviour, and in such a way...., jeez there comes a time, partners of addicts have to make some tough choices, (usually coz the addict cant be bothered with choices) and this long time ago post seems just that....

    oh and massive heart attacks, seizures and death, give me a break.... cold turkey off methadone might suck, but ya dont die.... i know....

    jeeeeeeez, where dya get off writing one whole post, full of bs attitude.

    and methadone patient or not, a theif is a theif is a theif....

    and as for ALMOST ALWAYS FATAL, where on earth do you get this propoganda from. ?? its bs.... total bs.

    okay you need to get your facts straight. i DO KNOW u obviously DON'T. I was rushed by ambulance to the ER because I went into a massive seizure and ALMOST DIED> methadone withdrawal cold turkey YES IT CAN CAUSE THOSE PROBS look it up
    garyngail likes this.

  15. #15
    MurderMyLove is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    and people do NOT have massive heart attacks kicking methadone. It sucks for sure but I've never heard of anyone having a heart attack or dying!! I know what I'm talking about also having been on mmtp for a long, long time.
    BECAUSE U ARE BEING LIED TO BY THE CLINIC. ITS PROPAGANDA SO THE GOV'T CAN GET MONEY. WHY DO U THINK I AM DOING THIS WITH NOTHING, NOT EVEN A VALIUM DUDE. You need to look at the facts and open up your eyes. Here are the facts:

    taken from my live journal on VR


    STOP THE METHADONE CONSPIRACY
    13:47:04 - Jun 27 2011
    Times Read: 7

    ADMIN: | EDIT | DELETE |

    I am going to start a movement to illegalize the ???? and shut those robbin ass mother ????in methadone clinics DOWN. Put them out of business. That would be great. Please let me know if you would like to help. Here are the real (disturbing) facts...

    METHADONE

    Methadone, an opioid, was first produced in 1939 at the pharmaceutical laboratories of I.G. Farben in Germany. Named Amidon, and although there is evidence that some testing was done of the drug, there is no evidence that it was widely used by the Germans in World War II because they feared it was too addictive.

    After the war, the German patents on Amidon and other drugs were voided and Amidon was tested and released in the United States by Eli Lilly in 1947 as Dolophine. Dolophine was deTHE PROMISE

    In summary, switching >>>>>> users to methadone seemed to provide a solution to society’s problems:

    Methadone has a much longer half life than >>>>>> (half-life is the amount of time before half of a drug taken is excreted from the body), so a person can normally be given one dose of methadone and this would last until the next day.
    Methadone doesn’t cost $300 a day but only $300 a month and often this can be paid by a government program.
    >>>>>> addicts no longer have to participate in illegal activities to obtain their drugs.
    >>>>>> addicts are no longer using needles to inject >>>>>> and this will reduce the spread of many diseases.
    >>>>>> addicts can switch to methadone and then reduce their dosage of methadone until they are completely off methadone.
    People in society no longer have to feel guilty about not addressing the >>>>>> addiction problem because the methadone advocates promoted the use of methadone as a step toward helping the addict stop taking drugs of any kind.
    rived from the Latin word dolor (pain) and finis (end). Later Dolophine came to be known as methadone. Originally marketed as a pain reliever, it was not until the 1960’s, when the number of >>>>>> addicts was accelerating and the negative impact on society became widely known, did the idea of converting the >>>>>> addict to a methadone addict become accepted as a treatment procedure.

    THE FACTS

    However, what was promised about methadone was not delivered. We now know these facts about methadone:

    A 1999 study done at the University of London found that methadone actually increased the cravings for >>>>>>. Many methadone users supplement their “high” with other illegal drugs like prescription narcotics or even >>>>>>. (Illegal drug dealers now can be found around these clinics because business is brisk.)
    Most methadone users are forced to come to the methadone clinics and wait in long lines every day or at least once a week.
    Because the number of methadone clinics is limited by law, some methadone users have to drive 50-80 miles a day and when they arrive, stand in line for an hour or more to get their methadone dose that will keep them from going into withdrawal, and then they go to work.
    The first thing a methadone addict often must do when considering moving is not check on the schools for their children but on the location of the nearest methadone clinic.
    Almost all of the people who switched to methadone from >>>>>> have seen the amount of their daily methadone dose increase—to 100 milligrams or even much higher. In most cases the user is now taking a much higher dosage of methadone than the equivalent amount of >>>>>> that they were on.
    Almost none of these former >>>>>> addicts have been able to wean themselves off methadone. (Some complain that the methadone clinics don’t help their clients wean off. Apparently many clinics tell the methadone addict who is trying to taper down but experiences some withdrawal symptoms that if they are experiencing any discomfort, then the dose should be increased back to where it was. Some clinics will not taper the methadone addict down to lower dosages even if the addict wants to. They apparently tell people that “They are addicts and will always have to take methadone. But this is not too surprising—the methadone clinics only stay in business if their clients remain addicted.)
    Even if the methadone addict who is now taking 40 to 240 milligrams of methadone decides that he or she has to stop, there are few rehabilitation centers that will accept people on more than 40 milligrams per day, so the person has to either face serious withdrawal pains, find one of the few medical detox centers that will accept high dosage methadone users, or stay on methadone.
    The real truth is that switching an addict to a different addiction never really made sense. The real solution was and will always be to help the addict become drug-free.

    THE TRAP

    In a classic example of “the end justifies the means”, the FDA was persuaded that even though >>>>>> was illegal, it was ok for methadone, a drug that is more addictive and creates many of the same effects, to be legal.

    Instead of rewarding criminals who smuggled >>>>>> into the country, the FDA chose to reward drug manufacturers and people who run methadone clinics so that the same people could continue to be addicted.

    There is a heated political debate over whether we should legalize drugs and take the profits away from the criminals. Yet we have already cut out the illegal dealers by giving the profits to drug companies and to methadone clinics—which are limited in number and thus assures their profitability. The advocates of substituting methadone for >>>>>> are now aware that methadone is often more addictive than >>>>>>.

    No responsible person can dispute the fact that as the doses of opioids like methadone or oxycodone increase, people’s cognitive abilities and their reaction times are adversely affected more and more. They can also experience other side effects such as being more susceptible to illnesses.

    Perhaps the saddest part of the methadone experiment is that our society encourages these former >>>>>> addicts to take more and more methadone, since it costs the same if the dose is 10 milligrams or 200 milligrams.

    Every time a methadone addict gets clean, the only groups that lose are the drug companies that produce methadone and the methadone clinics who lose money. The rest of society wins and the former methadone user wins most of all.

  16. #16
    MurderMyLove is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Withdrawal symptoms
    Physical symptoms[citation needed]
    Lightheadedness
    Tearing
    Runny nose
    Yawning
    Sneezing
    Nausea
    Vomiting
    Diarrhea
    Severe Itching
    Fever
    Sweating
    Chills
    Tremors
    Akathisia
    Tachycardia
    Aches and pains, often in the joints and/or legs
    Elevated pain sensitivity
    Elevated blood pressure
    reduced breathing (may be fatal between 2–4 hours)

    read em and weep it says FATAL

  17. #17
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    so if you know all this stuff, from websites, what are you asking the original question for ay....???


    jeez talk about being on a crusade, me and nyg both know our methadone stuff, and you have been bitten by the propoganda beetle on the other side...

    yeh, ok, try and fight methadone clinics, see how far ya get.....

    oh yeh (citation needed) that means ya got your info off wikipedia, good one, yeh thats all gospel for sure...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-27-2011 at 02:24 PM.

  18. #18
    yezdegerd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    867

    Default

    I go to a methadone clinic and I hear this garbage all the time. Let me break it down for you people out there who put the blame on anyone and anything other than yourself.

    First off going to a methadone clinic is your choice. It's no well guarded secret how hard it is to taper off methadone but it can be done. The whole basis behind a clinic is to allow you to stabalize your life and when the time comes, if it ever comes that is that its time for you to attempt a taper you do it and you pay the piper for all the drug abuse you've done in the past. Now with suboxone also being so widely available you can taper and switch for a more gentle finish. So let me say it again, nobody put a gun to your doped out head and marched you into a clinic!

    Secondly the whole ">>>>>> is easier to detox off than methadone" argument is getting old. First off thats not true because if it were nobody would show up to a methadone clinic. Your mental state and most likely life is in shambles when you're on >>>>>> which is why i mentioned before that methadone is used as a replacement for those who need time to get their life and mental state back. If >>>>>> is an easier detox like you preach then go do dope for a few months until youre sure all the methadone is out of your system and give detox a go.

    I hope just the couple reasons I've provided has been enough to turn a lightbulb on in there, doubtful but hopefully. Take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming a clinic for dispensing a drug you pay them to give you. I'm nervous about the day i decide ive straightened my life to the point I need to taper, but I'm sure as heck not gonna start some 10k man march on the people that gave me what I wanted when I needed it.

  19. #19
    caughtagain is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    i am going to start a movement (read complete thread to understand) to irradicate belligerant posters who do not respect others opinions and only see their point as valid. Furthermore, they usualy come on and make two or three posts and then leave. Hee Hee... Can I get a "WORD"

  20. #20
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    wop wop, word dude.....

    i even agree with yez (yes yez for a change i do) methadone saved me from a crazy screwed up life, sure, it did some crazy things to me, (i beleive it robbed my soul) and i then had a much more fierce addiction, but it gave me the chance to stabilize, and get my life together... subs even more so.....

    it is no easy task to get off either, and its a mind space thing, but yeh, i tried numerous times to cold turkey off morphine etc, and there was no way i could get past day 2,,,,

    MurderMyLove, whats your history.... how long you been on it...??

    how many times have you successfully got off >>>>>> on your own... ??

    hmmmm, i think a ""no comment came the loud reply is in order"".... lol
    caughtagain likes this.

  21. #21
    caughtagain is offline Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,559

    Default

    I sure miss the Original CA...... Glad to see you are well. My two year is coming up in a week.... crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    HenryNCBA and shybaybe2003 like this.

  22. #22
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caughtagain View Post
    I sure miss the Original CA...... Glad to see you are well. My two year is coming up in a week.... crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    yay for you dude, and yeh on july 12, its me 2 years off the hard drugs, (thats when i started subs.) no needles for 2 years...

    we can have a party ay mate. woo hooo......

    awesome for us

  23. #23
    ontrack is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default methadone withdrawl?

    Ive been using opiates for a few years. just recently got back on them. To stop Ive been taking methadone, for about 15 days now. Starting at 40mg and lowering my dose everyday. im now down to 15mg starting tomorrow. if i were to stop taking methadone today will i got through any withdraw? and how long from now would i pass a drug test for methadone.

    And for anyone wondering, im completely on my way out the this drug issue. Thank god too!

    Thx

  24. #24
    newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Methadone IS a harder withdrawal than >>>>>> because it has a longer half life, therefore, w/d takes longer. That is not the point though. If it were that easy to just get help to get off >>>>>>, there would be no need for methadone clinics (substitute oxy or any of those pills for >>>>>>). Sometimes a person just does not find it doable. I will exclude cheeky here because in her part of the world you can shoot methadone but I'll certainly include myself and yez.... Methadone is necessary for some. People rarely abuse >>>>>> when on a methadone program so your fact there is incorrect. The meth will usually block the >>>>>>. People don't die if they take it correctly. It's just another type of treatment that works for some, not all. Detox and rehab is great but if a person is not ready for it, you can stand on your head and it won't work. That's where methadone and/or sub comes in.

  25. #25
    da burg is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yezdegerd View Post
    I go to a methadone clinic and I hear this garbage all the time. Let me break it down for you people out there who put the blame on anyone and anything other than yourself.

    First off going to a methadone clinic is your choice. It's no well guarded secret how hard it is to taper off methadone but it can be done. The whole basis behind a clinic is to allow you to stabalize your life and when the time comes, if it ever comes that is that its time for you to attempt a taper you do it and you pay the piper for all the drug abuse you've done in the past. Now with suboxone also being so widely available you can taper and switch for a more gentle finish. So let me say it again, nobody put a gun to your doped out head and marched you into a clinic!

    Secondly the whole ">>>>>> is easier to detox off than methadone" argument is getting old. First off thats not true because if it were nobody would show up to a methadone clinic. Your mental state and most likely life is in shambles when you're on >>>>>> which is why i mentioned before that methadone is used as a replacement for those who need time to get their life and mental state back. If >>>>>> is an easier detox like you preach then go do dope for a few months until youre sure all the methadone is out of your system and give detox a go.

    I hope just the couple reasons I've provided has been enough to turn a lightbulb on in there, doubtful but hopefully. Take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming a clinic for dispensing a drug you pay them to give you. I'm nervous about the day i decide ive straightened my life to the point I need to taper, but I'm sure as heck not gonna start some 10k man march on the people that gave me what I wanted when I needed it.
    sum women that go to jail for whatever reason that are on painkillers some know they are pregnant some dont but the jails blackball them/force them to go to clinics threatening them what the jails do is WRONG!
    tes72 likes this.

  26. #26
    stressedout is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    2

    Exclamation methadonw w/d's last for a long time and had me begging for death

    I went to a clinic for almost 2 years, for Oxycotin (not knowing at the time i had made a horrible mistake). During those 2 years i was on 90mg" a day. When I first attended the clinic it was your choice of when you were ready to start tapering off, and then they changed that rule and made you feel out a form that you turned in to the head counselor, and that counselor then made the decision if you were ready to taper off or not!! Well, closing in on my 2 year attendance of this clinic i ran into financial problems, the company i worked went out of business, leaving me unemployed and therefore unable to pay my methadone bill. I was treated very badly for falling behind on my payments after never being behind, and the majority of the time i was a week sometimes 2 weeks ahead in my payments. Me being the stubborn woman i am said screw this and left there to come off of 90 mg a day for almost 2 years by myself! The 1st 7 days werent that bad, but every day after the w/d pains became increasingly worse. My legs hurt so so bad, i never slept, then came the nausea, then vomiting to the point of hospitalization for dehydration. I honestly would pray for God to let me die. It took 3 to 4 months for me to sorta feel normal, i would not wish that type of pain, and depression on my worst enemy. So i would recommend for anyone coming off methadone to check into a rehab, as soon as leaving a methadone clinics door.
    Angelovesyou and tes72 like this.

  27. #27
    cubone87 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs down

    blah blah b lah blah
    Last edited by cubone87; 12-04-2011 at 02:22 PM.

  28. #28
    jbwaasup is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default please read

    All i can say is it i very very cruel for any1 to withdraw from 30mls meth suddenly never mind 180 mls especially if using >>>>>> on top of that,i would be worried,compare it to being locked up in a cell in libya under gaddafi regeme! make sure u tell the jail and get him help please

  29. #29
    MetalDuckMFC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Old, dead post is old and dead.

  30. #30
    MetalDuckMFC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    614

    Default

    [deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-03-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22