Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By just_a_mom
  • 1 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By mottam
has anybody tried opiate withdrawal -ease

Default has anybody tried opiate withdrawal -ease

i was reading about this product called opiate withdrawal ease.it is mainly some of the same stuff thats in the thomas recipie.but all in one pill.it says it will make the w/d not as bad.i would be willing to pay if it helped at all and did not have tons of side effects.was just wondering i am geting close to jumping off subs with the help of robert been weaning and i am at .5mg a day.does any body have any opionion or have ever taken or heard of this stuff thanks.

I was under the impression that if you weaned off subs properly there should be little to no WD.. I could be wrong but i wouldn`t worry about it, you could be working yourself up for nothing. just remember once it is over its over and if you never touch an opiate ever again no matter what and understand that you just can`t... then you will never have yo go through this again..
    good luck

yea thats what i am hoping for but i was just wondering just in case of the worse.but i do know that i am down to .5mg a day with some mild w/d.and that some days before i take my dose i have some pretty bad w/d untill i take my dose.chills ,stomach,huge gooze bumps etc.but i am going to keep following roberts plan for me to the t and hope for the best.but if somebody has taken this stuff and it helped than it would be worth the i think it is 80 dollars to not be sick and miss work it would be worth it but if it is not any good i would not want to waste the money.

just_a_mom is offline Member

Default 80 freakin' bucks??

Quote Originally Posted by bigben the oxy head View Post
    yea thats what i am hoping for but i was just wondering just in case of the worse.but i do know that i am down to .5mg a day with some mild w/d.and that some days before i take my dose i have some pretty bad w/d untill i take my dose.chills ,stomach,huge gooze bumps etc.but i am going to keep following roberts plan for me to the t and hope for the best.but if somebody has taken this stuff and it helped than it would be worth the i think it is 80 dollars to not be sick and miss work it would be worth it but if it is not any good i would not want to waste the money.
    I wasn't going to say anything until I read how much those pills cost. $80?!?? Are you kidding me??? OMG. I knew I should have gotten into the vitamin/health supplement business. :P

OK, my opinion (take it or leave it) is that it would be a waste of money. Please remember that all natural supplements are NOT clinically tested nor are the quality/amount of 'active' ingredients monitored. People can claim anything and there is nothing the FDA can do about it. Also, because it is expensive, none of them have done any sort of study to see if their claims actually work (note that almost all of the peer-reviewed studies on vitamins or natural supplements have been done by academia not industry). So manufacturers could probably tout "Poison ivy leaf helps memory!" - completely legal. [Obviously, I have a bit of a soapbox issue with this subject] Anyhoo... proceed with caution.

Oh, a big disclaimer (in the interest of being honest), I am a research scientist that used to work for big pharma. So it is in my blood to not believe anything until I see double-blinded clinical data... and even then I will question the hell out of you.

just a mom
    Comeback Kid and surfdog like this.

Yeah 80 bucks is well worth no sickness and not missing work. Hopefully you get positive feedback on it. I too would like to know. You might have to take one for the teem Lol and answer the question for everyone who is now curious from reading the thread!

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! I would definitely be interested in seeing if helped out any! I have a buddy who owns a head-shop, but never asked him if he had any detox stuff or whatever. I just naturally asumed that it would only be for cheating pi$$ tests. Hmmmm, I would love to hear your experience if you do in fact decide to try it out! If not, maybe you can get a collection going afterwards! But in all reality, that would be about a days worth of blues anyways so dropping $80 on vitamins shouldn't sound so completely ridiculous once put in context (although the $80 on blues came with guaranteed results!!!) Good luck and please keep posting because I am truly interested to hear how the rest of your taper plays out!

yea 80 bucks is nothing to me i used to be a oxy head buying off the street.i was spending 80 bucks a day easy.but i am worried about the not being fda approved and not knowing what i would be taking and the side effects.but i am not rich and dont want to just waste 80 bucks or grow three eyes or nothing lo i dont even want to think what i have spent on subs to not be sick lets just say i have been on subs for a year and a half with no insurance help.i have spent a dollar or two lets just say.and nobody knows what the long term effect on my body going to be from those liitle orange divils.i might try them i dont know yet.i am tapering off subs with roberts help right now i will waite and see what he thinks.but the 80 bucks is not no big deal to me at all if i knew for sure it would keep me from being sick i would give my left arm much less 80 dollars.

rrRachael is offline New Member

Well guys, I took one for the team. Fortunately my mother is a nurse, unfortunately she lives 5 hours away from me. She mentioned it to me and sent me the link. Of course my initial reaction was this is a total scam. She ended up ordering it for me and sending it to my apartment. I thought it couldn't hurt to try. I was tapering off from suboxone and I took the pills exactly as directed and in my honest opinion it is questionable. I can't give you an exact answer since everyone's detox is different. However, I did notice it sped up the detox process. Don't get me wrong, I still had to endure the pain of withdrawals (extreme stomach pain, leg pain, arm pain, restlessness, insomnia, vomiting, anxiety, increased heart rate etc etc) I am 11 days clean of suboxone today and I'm still experiencing discomfort, still having a hard time sleeping and my anxiety has worsened. In my opinion it is not worth it. I am glad I didn't have to waste my money on it, but I did try it and to anyone considering purchasing it my suggestion to you is don't. The withdrawals we're the same regardless of those damn disgusting pills. It may have helped a bit but not enough for me to actually notice. Maybe it did ease my withdrawals maybe it didn't. My bet is that it is a total scam just as I had thought because 11 days off suboxone I am still going through some rough times. Its definitely a long and difficult process but if I can do it, anyone can do it. You just have to believe in yourself, find some peace of mind. In my case music helped A LOT. To lower my heart rate a cold cloth over my eyes did help. Walking outside in the nice weather, even if it was just down the sidewalk a few feet and back helped too. Make sure you drink lots and lots of water and fruits and vegetables I found we're the easiest to hold down during the process. The first couple days we're the worst by far. I wish everyone luck. It is not easy but it is achievable.

Sundwn is offline Member

Some of this kind of thing is a marketing tool. A placebo effect..........if the public thinks it is expensive , it must be good. They will pay it and feel good about it......." withdrawal-ease "...no, I would not encourage anyone to buy this. Also, I thought this was interesting. It's 80.00. In 3 to 4 days delivery. But if you need it NOW!......and going through wd,s ! Now would be nice!......they will get it to you.....overnight.......for about 140.00 .......they sound very consciences to me..........use the " Thomas recipe" it's been proven.......BTW, look for more and more of this kind of marketing. And believe me. Big Phama wants you a$$cted. And now with the public becoming more aware. Doctors being monitored , etc. " Big Pharma " is going to create a new drug to ease your wd,s. They want to help.............But it's going to cost you big bucks. After all most all the profit goes to R&D
    .........right.

PrideandPrejudice is offline New Member

This is an old thread, I see, but having just tapered off and quit a heavy hydrocodone addiction, I had to say something. If you haven't used a product for gods sake, don't speculate. The person who detoxed off suboxone at least had tried it and felt it didn't work. Now I'm not going to say withdrawal ease made my detox *easy* because it didn't. But it certainly made it easier.
    I've tried many, many times to get off the opiates on my own. Once I pretty much stayed drunk and just cried and vomited and shook, etc
    But I am prescribed these legitimately. Unfortunately, my Dr's attitude is rigid. If you have a problem with them, I won't give you any more. Irresponsible? In my opinion, "yes." But I do know that as we face the rescheduling of these drugs, Dr's are getting nervous.
    So. What I have to say;
    If you are buying on the street, $80 is nothing to spend to try to get your life back. I have spent triple that amount trying to make it to my next refill. I am one week into detox and while I still have symptoms, they are not unbearable. I could not go to work for the first three days but I'm back now.
    I will make it this time because of the withdrawal ease. Otherwise, I've had some sort of divine intervention in addition to the capsules, they offer a withdrawal survival newsletter/and you can email them with problems or questions and they will try to help you out. I have found that I still need ibuprofen for pain, Imodium for diarrhea, and warm towels for restless leg symptoms at night. And an over-the-counter sleep aid. But that's it. (In addition to the withdrawal ease)

I am sorry to say but this is the biggest scam going on in the hope of easier withdrawl. I paid my money and it did ABSOLUTELY NOYHING. I WISH THESE PEOPLE WHO PREY ON FOLKS LIKE US WOULD GO TO A VERY HOT PLACE. Do not waste your money and please pass this information on to others. I have come off opiates more than once and it is very difficult. This " product" should be exposed for exactly what it is , a fraud. don't wast your time,money and hope on this scam. Don

BuckerG is offline Junior Member

I used Withdrawal Ease coming off of a rapid sub-taper...

It helped me a ton...

It's not a fraud IMO, but everyone's bodies are different and everyone's detoxing goes differently...

I support the product...

whatsinaname is offline Platinum Member

Hey buckerg,
    Good to see you around!

SubWoofer is offline New Member

I been on Suboxone for 2 years, illegally, started off with 2mg for 6mnths, then upped to 16mg a day to get high from, in the last few months I'm down to about 7mg daily, 3.5 in the am, 3.5 at 5pm. I've had enough and I the last few days I've only taken about 3mg a day with some consequence like tiredness, and having to urinating every 20min prob from dehydration. My last dose was 40 hours ago which was 2mg and since then I have had a lot if withdrawal symptoms flare out. I took 3pills of the daytime withdrawase and I feel amazing. Of course I prayed before I took it but sure enough one or the other worked if not both lol. I'm a lil tired but def bearable. But get lil spurts of energy every so often. Do I give it a thumbs up. Also the packet says to try taking it during ur last few opiated dosages and it may help a lil smoother but that's up to u. I would just invade keep a couple subs in ur possession to be safe in case the withdrawals return, I don't have anymore but I am trying to get a hold of 1 or 2 to be safe. Keep the faith y'all! Peace!!

SubWoofer is offline New Member

Remember though not everyone is the same. I would try to taper off or purposely only take the subs when ur in full withdrawal, that will def help u taper fast if u have good self control this will help u. God bless

aquamagic is offline New Member

Default subs

Yea folks I believe we are all different. I have been up 6 - 8mg tabs a day to treat pain. I been taking these things for about 7 years. I am tapered down 1/8 of a pill now. I am having withdrawal symptoms ,but not untolerable. I suggest going down about 1/8 a week. Course I'm right down to the end . I understand this is where life gets the toughest. My job does not allow me being prescribed these any longer. So I'm on that tough road to recovery. I think we all need support. I'm just about to whack the rest and just stop cold turkey. However I am scared. I am on here to read about this Withdrawal Ease to see if it may help me to finish things off. It looks like a toss up. I have always been a hard nose. I have never agreed with this but I think about half of this battle is in our head like we all have read.
    If anyone of you are going through this same thing right now , it may help all of us to continue to share our experience.
    Good Luck I will try and continue to post

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Withdrawal ease has been tried by many, however, there are many supplements on the Thomas Recipe that will help just as well and you can get relatively cheaply.

Gatorade helps hydration and RLS stay away from energy drinks
    Water
    A good multi-vitamin
    L-tyrosine with b-6 (b-6 activates the L-t)
    melatonin for sleep or other OTC sleep aid.
    Sleepy Time Tea,
    Exercise is probably the most important in getting your natural endorphines working again.
    Basically this is from the Thomas Recipe. And not as expensive.
    mottam likes this.

mottam is offline Advanced Member

....and just in case, for a day or 2 - for those nagging GI issues (especially if you have to drive/go to work while in w/d): Imodium for diarrhea. Imodium was my 'best friend', during days 2 - 4.
    Don't take longer then needed!

Kindest Regards.
    mottam
    iloerose likes this.
    Persistency is consistency

CB78 is offline New Member

Hey, I've been wondering the same regarding WE. I ve been prescribed suboxone for over 3 years now. Totally has f d my life up more then when I was on the pills. I was started on 16mgs which from other Dr's and experts opinion was WAY to much for a pill head as opposed to shooting junk. I fear the missing void that sub will leave behind. How do I get off of suboxone while maintaining my bar managing position. Dealing with the public and having to deal with an issue this big, SUCKS. What a lie they told . You won't get high off of sub. Not true at all! I get a high everyday. What do I do??

volvoguy is offline Banned

search for Roberts sub taper and follow the math there. As far as Withdrawalease or what the OP asked about, The expanded Thomas Recipe has you gulping at least $300 worth of vitamins and supplements that have to be gulped in handfulls at different times of the day. Trust me, you never gobbled that many pills when you were using. The irony was definitely not lost on me. We spend all this time and money on pills that make us feel good. Then we balk at the idea of spending a bunch of money and taking pills that will heal us but actually "do nothing." (dont get us high) The reason I dont think one pill will work is because they have to be taken in great amoiunts and at different times during the day, as many vitamins and supplements counteract each other if taken at the same time, like vitaminc and zinc.
    Both the roberts taper and the EXPANDED thomas recipe are both proven as far as I am concerned. Too many people have succeeded. Klonopin and clonidine cant hurt but I tapered off with only OTC.
    Last edited by volvoguy; 07-03-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: mistake

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CB78 View Post
    Hey, I've been wondering the same regarding WE. I ve been prescribed suboxone for over 3 years now. Totally has f d my life up more then when I was on the pills. I was started on 16mgs which from other Dr's and experts opinion was WAY to much for a pill head as opposed to shooting junk. I fear the missing void that sub will leave behind. How do I get off of suboxone while maintaining my bar managing position. Dealing with the public and having to deal with an issue this big, SUCKS. What a lie they told . You won't get high off of sub. Not true at all! I get a high everyday. What do I do??
    Welcome to the boards: Go post in the Suboxone Treatment forum, use the thread starter to start your own thread there. Yup, you can get high from sub. 16mg. is way high. I will post Robert's Sub taper here:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

You can do this. Yup one of the biggest fear is "what will I do after I get clean?" Check NA/AA. This is totally doable.

Peace,

Iloerose

Gretchen526 is offline New Member

Hi I'm new to this page and wrote some of my concerns on my own thread. Idk if that was the right place of not. Please to check it out!