Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
For Anyone Suffering From Narcotic Withdrawals...
    Painful_Fate is offline Member

Default For Anyone Suffering From Narcotic Withdrawals...

Having gone through MANY bouts with narcotic addiction and the withdrawal that follows halting use "cold-turkey", I'd like to share my recipe for keeping the withdrawal symptoms to hopefully a manageable degree:

**NOTE: This has worked for me in the past. Many people become mentally and physically addicted to opiates on many different levels. Some suffer very little withdrawal and some feel like they're going to die six hours after their last does was ingested. This is just my suggestion. I'm hoping you'll find some relief in the below medications/recommendations.**

1. The most important...drink LOTS of water. Water is BY FAR the best thing for withdrawals.

2. If you have the ability to get prescription medication (other then narcotic pain killers), ask for Neurontin or Lyrica. Even though both are mainly prescribed for preventing seizures, they are also great at relieving nerve pain (neuropathy and radiculopathy) and R.L.S. (Restless Leg Syndrome) which you'll definitely experience during withdrawal (otherwise known as: "Kicking The Habit"...the feeling that you constantly have to move your legs).

3. Immodium AD (Loperamide Hydrochloride) for diarrhea. There's no doubt that everything you eat is going to want to exit rather quickly and of not much consistancy. Trust me, 2mg of Immodium will help keep your food where it belongs and where you need it!

4. Any sleep-aid that has helped you in the past (Advil/Tylenol PM; Ambien CR etc.). Unfortunately, withdrawals make falling/staying asleep VERY difficult. Using an OTC or prescription sleep-aid will definitely help.

5. Warm showers/baths. It's strange but these REALLY help relax your over-active muscles. It'll feel great too...very sedating!!!

6. Muscle-Relaxers (Flexeril; Soma; Robaxin). If you have or can get them, use them. This will help with the muscle spasms! I wouldn't use these along w/any sleep aid though. Even though there way not be any drug interactions, you will become VERY drowsy. Be careful!

7. OTC Pain Relievers (Ibuprofen; Aleve; Tylenol). I know they don't do anything for someone who's been taking Vicodin, Morphine or Percocet but it'll have to work. They'll definitely lessen the bone pain you're going to experience as well as minor to moderate headaches.

8. Last but CERTAINLY not least, REST AND RELAXATION!!! Stay comfortable! If you get a cold flash, cover-up in a nice, warm blanket. If you get a hot flash, throw a fan in your face and cool off. Your body is going through a tough time ridding itself of something it believed it needed for so long. Give your body a break and watch for the signs. Your body tells you what it needs when it needs it!

I know that some of these won't work for everyone. Withdrawal is the devil. It's probably the hardest thing I've gone through. It's seven days of complete hell, the first 72 hours being the worst. I've been through it enough to know what helps. I've experimented with different combinations of things to get the most relief and the list above is my best recommendation.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you find relief in what I've written here today. Take care!!!

Painful_Fate

Unhappily In Pain For Over Five Years!
    Last edited by Painful_Fate; 02-25-2007 at 02:23 PM.
    ef39 likes this.

I wholeheartendly agree, and would like to add that most of those very things kept me going. I highly suggest staying stoned on marijuana for the entirety of your withdrawals, as no other means of soothing symptoms will be needed - it treats THEM ALL (except diarrhea). Especially nausea. I don't, however, suggest doing so if it breaks the law.

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

BUMP for any newcomers to the Drugs.com forums.

Peace N' Love
    Last edited by Painful_Fate; 02-26-2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Had old format tags in it from old forum site. used bbcode now.

thereshope is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by betsy_still_tokes

I highly suggest staying stoned on marijuana for the entirety of your withdrawals, as no other means of soothing symptoms will be needed - it treats THEM ALL (except diarrhea). Especially nausea. I don't, however, suggest doing so if it breaks the law.
    Betsy -

I've agreed with some of the things you've posted before but this has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen. Marijuana doesn't touch the withdrawals or many of us would have been fine getting through them. Alcohol doesn't touch them either except for the ability to drink until you pass out. However, you'll most likely wake up with a hangover and want to find opiates to relieve that. If anyone reading this is going through the withdrawals associated with opiates don't use other narcotics to get through them. It does not work and the anxiety will make the high suck anyway. Trust me I've tried EVERYTHING to get through the withdrawals. It's not easy but it can be done. Take it one day at a time and before you know it you will be in the clear and much better off for it.

I just automatically assumed it went without saying that no remedy works wonders for anyone. Obviously someone with qualms about illegal drugs, someone with anxiety problems, or someone who just didn't want to smoke weed would not take my advice, but for people who are looking for relief it's something I would want them to try in the chance that it might help them like it did for me. I do not think you have tried this, personally, or else you would not have chastised me for offering a solution which definitely helped myself.

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

terryspuba is offline New Member

can someone help me by telling me which forum to post angel

eve
    eve is offline New Member

I am now in my second withdrawal week (again). I have been addicted to Nurofen Plus (codeine) on and off for 12 years. It started as a 'perk up' when I was tired and needed to study for a test or when I was bored. I am 30 now and I clearly remember the first time - I was watching '120 minutes' on MTV and there was some **** band on but I thought -'WHoooaaa,I can now understand why people take drugs!!' I thought all of a sudden that band was great and everything was great really...My mum came to my room and I wouldn't shut up - I had so much to say...
    Over these years I came to manage my addiction. First when I got off it I didn't understand the restleness, the sleeplessness, muscle twitching,and most of all-depression. The worst thing is that over the years I learned to manage the whole process...yes - it is the worst thing. Because I realised I can manage the withdrawal, I recognised the symptoms and I know it will get better - therefore I keep on repeating it again and again and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. It is like a schedule - day 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9-muscle twitching,day 4,5,6,7 depression (EVERYTHING is a chore, nothing makes me happy or content),days 5-6 - diarrhea, then the feelng that something is just wrong. I have done this so many times. I can't sleep, can't relax - feel nervous and overreact. I have no emotion - I spend 2 weeks in a complete bubble and when I venture out on the 3rd week I feel like I'm on a different planet. then i have to take painkillers cos everything aches.People around me are just themselves but i feel like I have just gone through something awful- I feel drained, pale-skinned, lethargic.
    PLS HELP

searching for the sleep that doesn't come...
    surfrico likes this.

anono2 is offline Junior Member

Eve,

Read what Painful_Fate has said and when you finish, it's worth re-reading. The truth is that how much easier you want to make what you are going through is completely up to you. This awesome page that CatsMeow advised reading http://www.dpeg.org/treatment/methadone_withdrawal.htm is the answer to easing your withdrawals.

Betsy,

lol you crack me up. I wish we could smoke a bowl together and chat. I think we see eye to eye on my favorite plant. I live in the Mile High city and there is far from a shortage here. I'm sure many will disagree with this but I would recommend weed over a pharmaceutical any day. At least weed has been around long enough to be studied and understood thoroughly. I believe most of the pills people are currently using/abusing haven't been around long enough and what exactly the mid and long term effects they cause on the body therefore can't yet be fully understood. You can't seem to watch TV for a minute without some new wonder pill commercial coming on and at the end they rapidly list a ridiculous number of known symptoms(and keep in mind this is only what they are forced to admit due to regulations). I find it even somewhat comical when they're like lab tests have shown that this "wonder-pill" MAY help with "this or that" and it's cost to you may be your vision, hearing, sleep, kidneys, liver, bowel function, etc etc etc. In my opinion the only other negative to smoking pot than you are inhaling smoke is that it affects most peoples motivation negatively. So Betsy I'm right there with you and would recommend people at least experience for themselves it's benefits with helping during the withdrawal phase of other narcotics and with helping to manage chronic pain. Worst that could happen is you eat a bunch of snack food and secure your couch from running off lol. Beats taking pills no one has a clue to the true affects of.

Good luck Eve, have faith in yourself and you'll get through this

Anthony

lee4430 is offline New Member

Thank you for your post and advice. I have been reading a lot of these posts and yours really gives me some encouragement. I am on day 5 off of opiates(percs, vics, oxy). I am not thinking about the pills quite as much but I just physically feel awful. I have no energy, am extremely irritable. I am having a hard time dealing with my 3 small kids(3,5, and 7). Especially b/c it is Christmas break and they have been home all day every day. It makes me feel like such a horrible mother b/c I used to be like a Martha Stewart mom but now I have no interest in doing things I used to or even being around ANYONE. I just want to be left alone. I hate feeling and being like this but I cannot stop myself.

Thanks for your advice, it is helping me try to hang in there....

alastery is offline New Member

just read ur message good and sound combo into my 3rd day again need help and talking helps me i think how do i know iff i get reply

alastery

alastery is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by lee4430

Thank you for your post and advice. I have been reading a lot of these posts and yours really gives me some encouragement. I am on day 5 off of opiates(percs, vics, oxy). I am not thinking about the pills quite as much but I just physically feel awful. I have no energy, am extremely irritable. I am having a hard time dealing with my 3 small kids(3,5, and 7). Especially b/c it is Christmas break and they have been home all day every day. It makes me feel like such a horrible mother b/c I used to be like a Martha Stewart mom but now I have no interest in doing things I used to or even being around ANYONE. I just want to be left alone. I hate feeling and being like this but I cannot stop myself.

Thanks for your advice, it is helping me try to hang in there....
    alastery

makisupa is offline Junior Member

I too find smokinf herb to be beneficial when going thru DT's. Is helpful to have something if you do get anxiety, like Valiuum, any benzo, a natural her called "Valerian Root"(sp) If anyone has advice on this herb please tell me, I only heard from reliable sources that its like Nature's Valiuum. Now taking Benzo's while going thru withdrawl may be defeating the purpose, but I have been on a Benzo (Klon) for over 6 yrs now, so there is now , no possible way I could get "High" from them, IT DOES REALLY HELP THOUGH. If you find yourself in this situation , try it out?

I also know that Opiates block the GI from absorbing nutrients, in this case primarily Protein. Lack of this will drastically affect you level of fatigue. I would suggest not eating red meat untill atleast day 5 or when you can hold something down. Try fish or chicken. Also, Vitamins need to takin with food, if not, well I have thrown up, but it can also hurt your belly. >> wait also untill you can atleast hold food in long enough for the Vitamins to have something to bond to and flow thru the GI tract untill it gets to where it needs to go. Also, I love PediaLyte (sp?) anyone with a baby knows that this liquid is for babys who cant stop the diarrhea, its easy on the tummy and also re-hydrates you.

Along with the Immodium try some generic anti-diarrhea pills. that way your not going so often you need to buy stock in TUCKS Pads (which also help with the mud-butt) Just remember, not too much ANTI-D, more Immodium, we dont want a soft ball comin out the back end

p.s. the PediaLyte really helps!!!!!!

"The more I know in Life, the more there is to see!!!"

pennyluvr57 is offline New Member

pennyluvr57 is offline New Member

hii am a long term opiate addict. this is a game you can never win honey. 5 days clean is great but i have seen too many people go back to them. pain meds have their place in our world but in the past dr.s gave me them for anything that was ailing me and before i knew it, my life was gone and the finding of pills to get me straight was a full time job. i lost my entire life in less then a year at my addictions worse.don,t mess with these if you have an addictive personality. it is too easy to get used to feeling that way. before you know it, you cannot function without a pill or 10 in your body. the cost on the street is mind blowing and i believe i spent about 50,000$ the last year of my addiction. i had to stop working and go into the mental ward of my local hospital to begin my recovery process. my insurence didn't cover any inpatient treatment. and a lot of them don't.by this time i had graduated to herion because it was cheaper and i just didn't want to live anymore. so after 12 days in the pysc. ward i was released to a homeless shelter where the director helped me to get into a halfway house and i have made it since then. that was august 14 , 2003. the day of the rolling blackout in this country and i spent it in the er with sirens going off. i stuck it out though and am here today to tell my tale.it took a lot of work and dealing with social services during that time to get me into the halfway house, but i did not give up. the pain in my body and the sleepless nights didn't deter me. i prayed constantly for guidence and here i am. divorced from the only man i ever loved and living alone for the first time in my life. but dear god, i am alive. amen to that.as they say in the n/a rooms "one is too many and a thousand is never enough". nothing was ever more accurate for me than that statment. good luck and best wishes to anyone going down this road to hell, just know there is an off ramp, you just have to find it.anyone who would like to e-mail me on this subject please do i am at pennyluvr57@yahoo.com.

allyncay is offline New Member

Thanks!! I knew about the muscle relaxers and aleep aids, Bit unhappily for 5 years???? I am on 1 day...I can live with the physical but the psychological is what is driving me crazy...any help with that part??? Thanks

AC

tamara02 is offline Banned

hey allyncay,Try some type of nerve pill for a few days and maybe a lil puff of you know what!!also get to the general discussion then hop to the painkiller addiction posts,they will help you so much for the mental part ,just having people to talk with on a daily basis that are basically in the same situation,hope this helps take care ,,,Tamm

Leandre is offline New Member

Yes, some of your suggestions are quite good. I was on a so-called world-renowned Pain Clinic for almost five years. On one occasion I
    was two days early for my prescription and they kicked me of the clinic. I went from E-ward to E-ward only to be turned away b/c of the stigma narcotics. I was forced to go cold-turkey and it was hell.
    I had been on Morphine Sulphate, Percoct, Oxy-Contin..you name it. So, I was "legally" addicted, if you will. Even my PCP would not give me as much as a muscle relaxer. Since I have a history of seizures, I really thought I was going to die..and in the throes of withdrawal that seemed like a likely event. After about a month, alhtough weak and dehydrydrated, I began to feel somewhat better. I still have the medical conditions that my doctor referred me to the Pain Clinic for; but now I am stigmatized as "drug-seeking" even though I am right up front about my history. What do they make and the FDA approve these drugs for if not for pain relief? Especially in
    a controlled setting like a Pain Clinic? Unless you experience chronic pain you cannot imagine what it is like. It effects every area of your life. I would just add one other suggestion to anyone going through "cold-turkey" withdrawal. The new sleep aid Rozerem. It
    is actually a prescription, but essentially it is Melatonin-a naturaly occuring hormone in the body. You can get it in plain form
    in any health food store.

sydbean is offline Member

Leandre~ I imagine there must have been other instances of non-compliance. They can't just cut you off because you were two days early. They can tell you no and make you wait or if it was occuring more than a few times they could tell you that they will no longer be able to keep you as a client and liability wise they would have to do some sort of a quick taper. Even the methadone clinics have to do a taper if you are kicked out for say, not paying. They can't just cut you off. If a clinic or pain management center threw you out and refused to give you any more meds due to you coming only two days early they would be facing some rather large and rightfully so, law suits. I am not suggesting that you are lying I am just wondering if there might have been some other behavior or maybe a dirty UA or something??

Well, as much as it sucked at least you are free now right? I hope that you are being honest and arent just here to peddle your drugs like some of the other "new" users. I hate that. The last paragraph of your post sounded kinda like a commercial that is why I ask.

I hope you are doing well!!
    Syd

rorvan is offline New Member

Thank you Painful Fate for your suggestions.Ive been going through this since Sunday night and its a living nightmare.My 3rd time going through a withdrawl.Good luck to you and thanks for your post!

I'm glad that some of you have found assistance in this topic. I knew what had worked for me when I decided to quit C/T and I figured I would share that information with people just like me. I know that W/D is absolutely horrible and the suggestions I shared can only do so much but I knew then that something was better then nothing.

If anyone has any questions or comments or if you need support during W/D, feel free to post a topic/reply or email me at the address supplied in my signature.

Good luck to all and remember...you CAN do it!!! Stay strong and positive, by the third day, you'll already feel better then you did on the first!

kevin9494 is offline Member

To pain-ful fate:
    If you can quit cold turkey you are one hell of a strong person. The only thing is that in rehab to teach you coping skills to keep you from relapsing. Now I know people work and cannot let their work know they might have an addiction to opiates. In the very least, I would advise seeing some sort of therapy. JMHO. Good Luck to you. One more thing. I quit Oxy's cold turkey, but you need to learn about changing you people, places and things in order to survive this ordeal. It really helped me.
    If you would like to talk in private, my email address is"

snoclaf94@msn.com

Mesila333 is offline New Member
    San Francisco, CA Disunited States of America

Lightbulb Betsy's Not Alone...

Quote Originally Posted by thereshope View Post
    Betsy -

I've agreed with some of the things you've posted before but this has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen. Marijuana doesn't touch the withdrawals or many of us would have been fine getting through them.
    Leanne,

I understand what you're saying, as it doesn't relieve them - but it DOES help me, and as someone about to detox from SIXTEEN YEARS on methadone, I will assure you I'll be going to my state pot clubs, which I thank Pharmakopoeis for daily. (She's the Goddess of Psychotropia in my homebrew 'religion', for want of a better word; I went God-shopping and couldn't find anything in my size, so I started drawing patterns and learning to sew, if I can be overly metaphorical, here...there are many, many 'gods/goddesses', or principles if you are more into that, and...well, that's all off-topic, nevermind...)

Marijuana helps me want to eat. I'm going to need that.
    It helps me sleep. I'm going to need that.

Other than that, it helps DISTRACT me from the pain, although not RELIEVING it, I'm still going to WANT that a lot. Want and need are different things. But together, there's a good recipe for help here. Thank goodness I am in California.

Cannabis is the sort of medicine that used to be called a 'tonic'. It has many pleasing effects and very, very few bad ones, though of course everyone's mileage varies.

There are no more legal tonics, sadly Used to be opium was a legal tonic--but that one is no tonic, since in absence of it, its presence for any length of time messes one's system up, for this is true addiction.

True addiction, in my mind can be to NO other THING people get pleasure from
    BUT A SUBSTANCE (people do not become "addicted" to sex, internet, TV, etc. - people can become compulsively habituated, but not ADDICTED; blame Oprah and others like her for blurring this distinction with their incessant overdramatic talk show blitherings. Take away the object of habituation and the person gets surly and has cravings, but does not develop physical illness.)

Furthermore, in my experience, marijuana can cause habituation but not addiction, and I castigate the ONDCP for LYING to the people and saying that people are pot addicts. For take away the weed and the habituated is surly and has cravings for a week or so, but no ILLNESS.

The substances that cause true addiction are opiates, benzodiazepines and barbiturates, and maybe a few other rarer things, ONLY, along with, to a lesser degree alcohol, cocaine and methamphetamine. The latter three do cause physical withdrawal but it is much shorter in duration and tends to confine itself to particular AREAS of functioning...with alcohol, the DT's, with cocaine and speed, the tiredness. Quickly, these evaporate. Three to seven days and you're OK again, for the most part.

But the opiate withdrawal is TOTAL. Your whole body FORGETS HOW TO GET ANY PLEASURE. Because all the little things it does to hold itself up in life have forgotten how to be done by your brain, and your body, and the insanely complex connections between them. These have to be reimprinted and it takes forever. Which is why most don't make it.

Unfortunately, I am sort of impatient. I'd better learn to be patient.

Betsy: Jesus won't help me, but Choronzon will, plenty. Thanks for your post and have a good hooter for me, neh?

Mesila333
    Last edited by Mesila333; 02-27-2007 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo of my name

Exclamation In Response: Marijuana & Withdrawals?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesila333 View Post
    Leanne,

I understand what you're saying, as it doesn't relieve them - but it DOES help me, and as someone about to detox from SIXTEEN YEARS on methadone, I will assure you I'll be going to my state pot clubs, which I thank Pharmakopoeis for daily. (She's the Goddess of Psychotropia in my homebrew 'religion', for want of a better word; I went God-shopping and couldn't find anything in my size, so I started drawing patterns and learning to sew, if I can be overly metaphorical, here...there are many, many 'gods/goddesses', or principles if you are more into that, and...well, that's all off-topic, nevermind...)

Marijuana helps me want to eat. I'm going to need that.
    It helps me sleep. I'm going to need that.

Other than that, it helps DISTRACT me from the pain, although not RELIEVING it, I'm still going to WANT that a lot. Want and need are different things. But together, there's a good recipe for help here. Thank goodness I am in California.

Cannabis is the sort of medicine that used to be called a 'tonic'. It has many pleasing effects and very, very few bad ones, though of course everyone's mileage varies.

There are no more legal tonics, sadly Used to be opium was a legal tonic--but that one is no tonic, since in absence of it, its presence for any length of time messes one's system up, for this is true addiction.

True addiction, in my mind can be to NO other THING people get pleasure from
    BUT A SUBSTANCE (people do not become "addicted" to sex, internet, TV, etc. - people can become compulsively habituated, but not ADDICTED; blame Oprah and others like her for blurring this distinction with their incessant overdramatic talk show blitherings. Take away the object of habituation and the person gets surly and has cravings, but does not develop physical illness.)

Furthermore, in my experience, marijuana can cause habituation but not addiction, and I castigate the ONDCP for LYING to the people and saying that people are pot addicts. For take away the weed and the habituated is surly and has cravings for a week or so, but no ILLNESS.

The substances that cause true addiction are opiates, benzodiazepines and barbiturates, and maybe a few other rarer things, ONLY, along with, to a lesser degree alcohol, cocaine and methamphetamine. The latter three do cause physical withdrawal but it is much shorter in duration and tends to confine itself to particular AREAS of functioning...with alcohol, the DT's, with cocaine and speed, the tiredness. Quickly, these evaporate. Three to seven days and you're OK again, for the most part.

But the opiate withdrawal is TOTAL. Your whole body FORGETS HOW TO GET ANY PLEASURE. Because all the little things it does to hold itself up in life have forgotten how to be done by your brain, and your body, and the insanely complex connections between them. These have to be reimprinted and it takes forever. Which is why most don't make it.

Unfortunately, I am sort of impatient. I'd better learn to be patient.

Betsy: Jesus won't help me, but Choronzon will, plenty. Thanks for your post and have a good hooter for me, neh?

Mesila333
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must say...that was nicely put. Though I've NEVER thought about smoking some herb while suffering from withdrawals, had I of known of its positive effects on the symptoms, I just may of done so, especially during that time of my life. I'm not big on illegal drugs but, in all honesty, withdrawal on opiates because of dosing higher then prescribed IS illegal. Because I was only withdrawaling (way back before quitting) because I was out of pills, I probably would of gone to street-drugs to help get through it alittle easier. As far as when I quit taking drugs C/T, I had the mind-state that substances such as THC would only cause additional problems while trying to quit by offering increased 'want' for the very pills I was trying to walk away from. Little did I know though.

So, with all that in mind, I would like to add an additional helpful hint on getting through W/D's caused by opiate addiction. I was the original creator of this very topic and after many replies on the subject of marijuana during W/D's, I think it very well may be helpful.

For anyone suffering from W/D's, I would also suggest (if you have nothing against street-drugs and you don't run a very HIGH risk of getting caught trying to receive this drug) marijuana to help. See the list below for positive reasons for the use of marijuana during opiate withdrawal:

1. Helps with the inability to eat by causing the crave for food. As you probably know of or have heard about, marijuana causes the munchies. This is especially good when you're withdrawaling because food/eating will be the LAST thing on your mind.

2. Helps steer the mind from concentrating on the pain caused by withdrawal. Pain can be pretty bad, especially if you were taking pain medication for chronic pain to begin with. Marijuana won't help the pain itself but rather keep your mind on something else.

3. I've also read that marijuana can help with any headaches you experience because of withdrawal. Not sure why it helps exactly but maybe it has something to do with the "light-head" you get when high. Maybe someone here can give you more information on this. Believe it or not, I don't know much about good ol' Mary Jane.

4. Not sure about others but from what I've experienced while marijuana-induced, I often found that I became quite tired when coming down from the high. If this is the case with many, it would be extremely helpful for sleeping because of the havoc withdrawals play on a good night's rest.

5. I think, best of all, marijuana sends you to a place where you're not going to concentrate on how horrible you feel or the crave you'll have for the very pills you're withdrawaling from. It may be the only thing that'll make you feel normal when you feel very ABNORMAL without it.

**There may be other positive reasons that marijuana is helpful during opiate withdrawal. If any of you have some others, I'd like for you to reply and list them. This is a helpful topic, for those who are open to trying it and have no problem with it.

NOTE: This is ONLY an opinion! I'm in NO WAY suggesting that ANYONE smoke marijuana. Like everything else, to indulge in the smoking of marijuana is YOUR choice and I am not responsible for any negative reactions, legal trouble or complications you experience. Lastly, this has been said to work for those who have mentioned it and suggested it. Obviously, drugs can and often do effect people in different ways. Some may experience wonderful effects upon withdrawal while others could very well feel worse. Ofcourse, this is a chance taken by you.

Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by Painful_Fate; 03-03-2007 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Poor Sentence Production

Baby Steps is offline Senior Member

Hey Painful Fate!!! Just wanted to pop in and say hey! I promise to get that e-mail out tomorrow... How is your GF doing?? Was she able to get some sleep or find a sleep remedy??? I hope you are having a great weekend!!!! Blessings to you!
    Hugz,
    Baby Steps

Clean Date 01/12/07

Your Destination Depends on the Road You Choose to Take

Wink And "HEY" To You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Steps View Post
    Hey Painful Fate!!! Just wanted to pop in and say hey! I promise to get that e-mail out tomorrow... How is your GF doing?? Was she able to get some sleep or find a sleep remedy??? I hope you are having a great weekend!!!! Blessings to you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well "HEY" to you too Steps! Uh huh...sure ya will Just kidding! I actually sent you a MySpace message prior to reading this (and you'll understand why once you read said message). Kinda funny actually. Anywho, my GF is doing well after finding a short-term fix for her severe insomnia. She's taking generic Unisom, however, she does not respond to the recommended dosage (one pill). If she takes two pills, she's out like a light within 30 minutes to an hour after they're taken. And what's even better is she stays asleep for more then six hours without waking or tossing/turning. That's a HUGE improvement!!! This is why it's only temporary. It's clearly obvious she needs either prescription strength sleep medication or we should try that melatonin stuff.

Other then all that, my weekend is the same as any other. Work, sleep, eat, go back to work...LOL! Hope you're enjoying yours as well!

Take care,
    P_Fate

Baby Steps is offline Senior Member

Hey You!!! OMGAh How funny is that!!!??? It almost looks like our messages passed each other!!! I am so happy your GF is at least getting sleep!! There is nothing worse than trying to function w/o sleep. Poor thing! So how is work? I'm gonna shoot you an e-mail tomorrow morning before I leave I promise friend!!! Now my melatonin is really kickin in... so I'll say goodnight... For now...
    Hugz,
    Baby Steps

Clean Date 01/12/07

Your Destination Depends on the Road You Choose to Take

Cool Goodnight Steps...

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Steps View Post
    Hey You!!! OMGAh How funny is that!!!??? It almost looks like our messages passed each other!!! I am so happy your GF is at least getting sleep!! There is nothing worse than trying to function w/o sleep. Poor thing! So how is work? I'm gonna shoot you an e-mail tomorrow morning before I leave I promise friend!!! Now my melatonin is really kickin in... so I'll say goodnight... For now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, that IS funny!!! Talk about being in the same state-of-mind at the same time!!! I'm so happy as well. She was having such a tough time. Work is boring. Nothing happening in the meteorology field lately, atleast not here. Nothing but clear skies and mild temps. Makes my job pretty much non-existant, though I still have to be here. I get paid good, so it all just works out! I'll check my email when I get to work tomorrow night. I usually don't check it at home because of the little time I have to spend w/the lady during my work-week. Well, goodnight chica!

TTYL,
    P_Fate
    Last edited by Painful_Fate; 03-04-2007 at 01:17 AM. Reason: fragmented sentence

Default masila

i have to say, for one cocaine is extremely addictive in solid (crack) form and so is methamphetamine. these two are probably two of the most addictive substances known to mankind these days, physically and psychologically so wherever you got that information they are mistaken. but you know, i just believe that pot is so much LESS damaging than alcohol, it really should be legal. not good for the lungs, true, but not as bad as cigs. if pot was legal, so many people would turn to it instead of opiates. our bodies have NATURAL receptors in them for marijuana(THC) that aides in pain relief! and marijuana is NOT addicting like opiates. why can't we have marijuana, something that is natural, that our bodies are made to process as a pain reliever, instead of this horribly addictive nasty stuff? ohhhh....because we can't be taxed for it, of course i forgot....

kjay2770 is offline New Member

Default looking for help

Hi everyone! I am so glad to see that most everyone seems to be dealing with the withdrawals..........I thought I was the only person this was happening to - I am in my own little world I guess until I found this site. I have not stopped my vics, norcos, darvacets yet but that is my plan - I am just to scared to do it - I actually went to a rehab last year and came out and went right back on them...........big waste of time - i hated myself for that - but now I have talked with my doctor about helping with the withdrawals and she said she would - can a regular family doctor prescribed the medications to help with them? does anyone know that? She does not know how much I actually take but everytime I think I want to make an appointment to see her - I think of some stupid excuse of why I should buy more and keep delaying the issue..................just my thoughts for the day - sorry I am new at this forum stuff but it seems to help others so I thought I would try it..............thanks alot - K.

Whocantell is offline New Member

Default help needed!

I had major stomach surgery a few years ago and have been on and off vicodin/percocet since. The real problem started last year and I found I wasn't taking it every day until a few months ago and even then I would go off for a few days but then go back. Now it has been almost three days and honestly, I have bouts of pretty bad stomach pain, which the drugs don't help much, and the only other side effect (if the first one is and not just my ulcer come back bec I am having other symptoms of that, which is why I cannot take ibuprofen or drink OJ) is some digestive issues and insomnia.

Plus to add insult to injury (and irony) I am out of town and during my absense someone forged a prescription with my name for some painkiller (my identity was stolen earlier this year along with some legitimate prescriptions but none for anything like that, those were for Nexium) and that's freaky but may be a sign from God that I have get my &*(( together. Generally, I feel ok and read the symptoms start six hours after you stop taking it and continue for up to two weeks but decline after 72 hours, and I am just at four days.

Any advice would be welcomed, oh one side effect not listed elsewhere is I am EXHAUSTED and I would have thought the narcotic would have made me MORE tired.

Lastly, how long until this stuff is totally out of my system? Will green tea really help?

Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast