Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Adderall help??
    jds710 is offline New Member

Default Adderall help??

I need some advice. My girlfriend is been on adderall for about 8 months now and it seems like she is not the same person. She is increasingly getting mad easier or for no apparent reason. She used to be very affectionate and our sex life was great but since she started taking adderall its almost completely dead. I read about certain side effects is loss of interest in sex and blunted affect or unemotional which seems to explain almost everything that i have been noticing. What would the doctor might recommend if she inquired about these side effects? Any advice for me would be very much help. I love her very much and after reading a few different threads on adderall i have become concearned that she may be addicted to it and i kinda feel as though she never needed it in the first place. Has anybody else experienced anything like this with adderall?

tenex_06 is offline New Member

As Adderall is a stimulant often substituted for Ritalin there is a high risk of psychological addiction as well as the physical. Speaking from personal experience your girlfriend's experience is frightfully close to my previous situation. The unfortunate part is I did not even realize how angry, impatient and unfeeling I was becoming. I ended up losing friends and distancing my family and even putting my job at risk.

It sounds like the dosage she is taking might be too high or the wrong medication altogether. If she was mis-diagnosed it would explain why she is edgy and pushing you away altogether. See if the link below gives you any indication and I feel for you both and wish you all the best.

http://www.adderallxr.com/

Thank you for your help and good wishes. She take 20 mg pills and takes 2 at a time per day and i can tell she built up a tollerance to them. I will check that website out thanks again for your help.

scootchu is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jds710 View Post
    Thank you for your help and good wishes. She take 20 mg pills and takes 2 at a time per day and i can tell she built up a tollerance to them. I will check that website out thanks again for your help.
    I found this forum when searching for info on Lexapro for my wife and noticed your thread. I take Adderal 20mg in the AM and then 10mg in the afternoon and don't react the way you described your girlfriend. With that being said I took Focalin prior and that was a different story. I would come home from work and no one could say a word to me. I was a closed trap. Grouchy! You bet. I take the Adderal for head injuries as it helps me focus throughout the day at work. It does it's job. It's really just a mild dose of amphetamine salts, but it may cause different behavior in different people. I would not classify it as a mild altering drug, but I could see it affecting people and make them a bit more agitated. Why 40mg in one dose? Unless it's the XR she will crash later in the day and that will really make someone irritable. I think 20mg & 20mg spaced evenly would be a better alternative, but I am not a doctor.

EnoughPercs is offline Junior Member

Adderall is evil. Trust me on this one.

Read my story:
    http://preview.drugs.com/forum/featu...elp-40440.html

scootchu is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughPercs View Post
    Adderall is evil. Trust me on this one.

Read my story:
    http://preview.drugs.com/forum/featu...elp-40440.html
    Maybe it's just me. I don't seem to get addicted physically or psychologically. I have no problem with Percocet and any other pain killer in that when the prescription is done I am fine. Don't get me wrong I would never turn down any offer for pain meds as nothing beats taking one before bed. I wake up in such pain from so many injuries that any relief is welcome. I guess everyone is different and thankfully I don't get hooked easily. I don't discount your story, but Adderall I can take or leave. Sometimes I skip the afternoon dose all together especially on the weekends when I don't have any critical thinking to do. I guess I should count my blessings.

bluesquare is offline New Member

Default please read

Well I hope my response isn't too late. As someone who's been on and off Adderall for quite some time, and have experienced the withdrawals as well as the "crashes", and who now takes 100 mg a day, I can offer a lot of insight into this area.
    I know everyone here is supporting the whole cold turkey idea, but I am one who is strongly against it. It's going to be hell - and depending on your dosage, the duration of time on that dosage, and your own body composition, 2 and a half weeks may not be enough. For some it can take months to feel replenished from Adderall, no matter what method they choose. If I were you, I would go with the weening option.

You say your doctor isn't much help, which isn't surprising because most are not. It's hard these days to find an HONEST psychiatrist who isn't more interested in the profit he/she earns when writing out the perscription to your potential downfall. So if you are not comfortable or confident in your doctor's interest, then I would seek professional help elsewhere. You can do this alone, but it will be ten times harder. Imagine the depression you feel during a crash - and then multiply that by eleventy-bajillion (yes it is a number, it's like...well, a lot). With the help of an experienced medical professional, you can have your "period of cleansing" monitored carefully, which is imperative for anyone coming off of this type of stimulant. They can also help you experiment with the dosages to find out which weening method will be best for you- for example originally at 80, they can slowly kick you down to say 60 or 65, and so on. This is the best way to cushion the crashes and still maintain your life outside of the drug. You can still function, and eventually when your body adapts to the new dosage, you keep going down little at a time. It may take longer, but if you're worried about immediate damage to your life as well as the longterm repurcussions, I would go with this option. Also, being someone who has a susceptibility to addiction, this method would probably be better for you in that you may not need an outside source (painkiller) to aid you in the process, which could potentially serve only to be your "rebound drug".

Either way, if you do decide to quit cold turkey, I do recommend that you have someone you can call with the touch of a button for any emergency. You mentioned a girlfrfiend; you may need her now more than you ever thought you did. You need someone who knows the situation and the upcoming situations resulting from your decision. You need someone you can fully depend on should you need to.

that's my advice for you - hope I could help. Good luck with whatever you decide, and update us as to your condition. We're all struggling right along with you; bravo for seeking help instead of ignoring it. that's the first step, and the most courageous.

neutralthird is offline New Member

Lightbulb Non-Amphetamine

I have been treated with ADD and Depression for a little over 4 years now, and for me Adderall seemed to be the best treatment for the ADD, and I have used it for a couple years. My sister uses Desoxyn, another amphetamine-based stimulant that works better for her. Each person reacts to certain drugs differently. Recently i heard of a non-amphetamine based stimulant called Provigil. It's actually a medicine for narcolepsy but according to my psychiatrist, really only about 10% of people prescribed Provigil use it for narcolepsy (just what i was told, this is not a proven statistic, just heresay). But for what the drug does, it seems to greatly help my mood as well as energy and concentration level. Amphetamines are great at what they do, but they do have a long list of potential side-effects, mainly loss of appetite, moodiness, and most of them (Ritalin, Desoxyn, Adderall, and Concerta... I realize Ritalin is a chemical called Methylin, but my Dr. tells me they're basically the same) made me a bit jittery. The tolerance and disinterest in sex can be due to the addiction caused by the drug, not a direct side effect of the drug itself. I decided to try something else because i didn't like the side-effects amphetamines gave me, and Provigil works well for me. Remember that everyone responds to different medicines differently, but if you can try weening off of amphetamines and are willing to try an alternative, Provigil really did help me.

I apologize if this post is too late, but I thought I noticed nobody had mentioned it yet.

metallison77 is offline New Member

Exclamation Danger

I am a recovering ritalin addict. i was a addict for 5 years of my life, and your girlfriend sound like she has a problem. my tolerance was so high by the end of it i was snorting 1000 to 2000 mgs daily till i passed out cause my heart was beating so fast. amphetamines are extremely dangerous, during my addiction i went to psyciatrist and was diagnosed as a paranoid scisofrenic, they did not know i was a addict. i am know perfectly mentally healthy and am not a scitzo. that was just from my addiction. i aleinated my friends family and sabotaged my relationships. i thought it was just me but it was the drugs. the withdrawl is very hard mostly mental. i tryed to kill myself when i was withdrawling cause i thought i could not live without the drug. you need to get her help IMMEDIATLY. there are other options for adhd and add. but it sounds to me like she was misdiagnosed like i was. i did not have adhd i had post tramadic stress disorder. which exibits similar symtoms. i have been clean for 4 years and am very glad i got clean i still have the occasional yearning but it passes. the hardest part is going to be convincing her she has a problem. it is a powerful drug. it makes you feel like you can do anything. but it destroyes your body and mind. i now have alot of health problems as a result of my addiction. stop it before it becomes to late!!!! if you have ANY QUESTIONS or concerns please ask me i would love to help. i deal with addicts alot and though i am not a professional i consider my self quite esperiance and enjoy helping people rid themselfs of addiction. best wishes. Danielle

tryingtohelp is offline New Member

Default adderall addiction

I just posted something on a thread a m in. ago about adderall. I wish I came here sooner to read that i'm not the only one who has a problem with adderall.

To the people who say they aren't addicted...JUST WAIT till you take it for 7 years.

To the guy who snorted it.....I am perscribed 30mg.-TWICE day. for 6 years I took only what i was supposed to. Now unfortuatly i've got such a high tolerance to it that I NEED to take 6 or 7 30mg tablets everyday just so I don't get sick. I'm 32 married and have two small kids....I've put my husband thru hell for the last year by doing this.

Adderall can save your life and ******************** it up bigtime!

Default thanks for all the replys!!!

I would like to thank all of you for your replys. I wanted to update you on our situation. After months of talking to her about my concearns and begging her to talk to her doctor about alternatives she has refused. she claims that she cant work with out them. I have tried my best to help because i love her so much and cant imagine living with out her. This drug has completely changed my girlfriend and she dosnt notice it and maybe someday she will but at time it may be too late for me. I would do anything for her and I put her always first before i even thought about myself thats how much i love her. It seems as of lately my heart is getting to weak to deal with the ups and downs and it seems like we are coming to a end. If things do end (which is not what i want at all) I wish her good health and hope that things become clear to her and maybe realize what she lost in me and help her not to do it again to whoever is lucky enough to be graced with her love. Thank you all for your replys some helpful and some not so much but thank you for taking your time to post your experiences with adderall. This goes out to my girlfriend, I love you with all my heart and everything that i am and nothing would please me more than to spend my life with you. If we do go our seperate ways (god i pray we dont) I wish all the best for you in life and I will never forget you.

Hutch1ns is offline New Member

JDS710 I can offer you some insight on this from my very own personal experience. Both my girlfriend and I take Adderall, I've been taking it for 8 years and she's been taking it for 2 years. She experienced a lot of the same things as your girlfriend did for the first 6 or so months. Eventually she's gotten past those side effects as she's gotten used to the drug. Yes it will effect your sex life, but trust me, if you can make her orgasm, she will want it much more! Adderall intensifies orgasms and I've learned to use that to my benefit!!

Also, you may want to talk to her about switching to regular Adderall. I've found it to work much better than Adderall XR and lasts for less amount of time.

If she thinks she can't live life without it, she's probably right and diagnosed correctly. If you grow up with ADD and finally try Adderall, you never want to live without it again. The easiest tasks for people without ADD are such a struggle for people with ADD. On adderall, those simple tasks become simple tasks. Life is just so much simpler with this medication!

P.S If she does decide to come off of it, DO NOT let her come off cold turkey. Last year I was taking 120MG a day (prescribed that dose too) and got sectioned 8'ed by a social worker to the Hospitol (zoloft sent me incredibley manic.) They wouldn't give me any Adderall in the hospitol and I nearly killed someone, literally. I had withered away from 5'9 190LBs of solid muscle to 5'9 114 LBS (I probably was close to dieing) and I literally tossed several 200+LB guys around like ragdolls. Once they told me they'd give me the Adderall, I instantly went calm and actually helped them up. Well of course, they lied to me and only said it to calm me down. This time, I was really trying to hurt someone and they had to have 10+ cops come and restrain me. Of course, when I saw the cops I gave up lol... They ended up giving me a bunch of ativan, haldol, seroquel and trazadone and I slept for 7 days until I got out. I tried for several weeks to live without it and I simply couldn't. I've been back on it for almost a year and I will not live without it. I'd rather die than not have it.

I understand the affection part too brother, but you also gotta realize that things aren't going to be the same as in the beginning of a new relationship. Trust me man I've been there, just keep doing good things and keep trying your best to make her happy. Do the little things for her that make her happy and she will show you affection.

Hopefully is offline New Member

If your girlfriend is taking adderall for ADD then she could try switching to Straterra. That stuff worked awesome for me for a couple of yrs. but then i guess my body became to adjusted to it and it no longer worked. That is why they put me on Adderall.
    to be really honest with you she probably is addicted but can wean off slowly pretty easily IF she wants to. It gives you so much energy you start to thiink you can't live without it.

Hutch1ns is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
    If your girlfriend is taking adderall for ADD then she could try switching to Straterra. That stuff worked awesome for me for a couple of yrs. but then i guess my body became to adjusted to it and it no longer worked. That is why they put me on Adderall.
    to be really honest with you she probably is addicted but can wean off slowly pretty easily IF she wants to. It gives you so much energy you start to thiink you can't live without it.
    If you believe that, and that has happened to you, you sir, do not have ADD. That's how it works on people who don't have ADD/ADHD.

Awaywego is offline New Member

Smile Aderall

Hi, my son and I are both on Aderall XR- 20mg and 30mg- I have noticed my son having anger issues - and recently meant with a doctor to discuss- the aderall is for ADHD and I found out that there are different version of ADHD one of which is called "Ring of Fire"- signs are anger issues - I have also found both for myself and my son to take the aderall XR only M-F and nothing on the weekends- It is best taken on lowest does possible and if you are not eating enough - strange side- effects can happen- eating is best lower in starch- Good Luck

midnightdust is offline New Member

Hi everyone~ I just found this site earlier today, and was pleasantly surprised at how some posts are so helpful.
    To: jds710~
    I wanted to reply (throw in my 2 cents worth) since I have taken 20 mg Adderall XR & 15 mg generic Adderall. After reading on the net a year or so ago that 15 people in Canada had died (approximate age range: 15-55) for no evident reason, other than they ALL were taking Adderall XR, & that it was taken off the market thereafter, I became alarmed. I did discuss it with my doctor, & he took me off of it, as he had just learned the same news between my visits.
    I started back on Dextrostat, which is by far the best medication I have ever taken. I take 2 - 10 mg a day. Like everyone else, I find that I will lay off of it on the weekends. WHY do we do this??? My sons say they can always tell when I haven't had my meds for a couple of days b/c I talk so fast they have a hard time keeping up with me, and I naturally talk fast anyway. The meds help slow me down.
    I tried Ritalin for a while, but just became nervous and jittery & hated it. And, Adderall never helped me as much as the Destrostat, and it's a lot cheaper than the others, so this is a plus.
    As for your girlfriend, do you know if she is taking the XR? If so, then I don't think this would be as dangerous as taking 40 mg of plain Adderall at one time. Personally, I've never heard of anyone taking this much. My brother is on it also, and he only takes 15 mg twice a day, and he weighs 350 lbs. - although I am not sure this would come into play.
    My opinion is that your girlfriend more than likely doesn't need to be on any ADD/ADHD medication. Her actions/reactions sound so much more like an addiction than a medical need. I know that once I found what was really wrong with me (after being misdiagnosed for years) & I got on the right medication, my life finally became worth living & everyone around me jumped for joy!
    As for going cold turkey, my guess would be that if she's using it as a drug for her addiction, then it may be dangerous & difficult for her to give up. I am saying this because others of us who go off of it on weekends have no withdrawal symptoms, etc.
    Her symptoms sound so similar to a lot of people I knew that were on the famous diet drug that came out about 10 years ago & was later taken off the market....finn/finn, or something like that. Anyway, everyone I knew who was taking it was so damned ill that no one could stand them. But, they lost weight! :-)

If you would like to ask me anything else, feel free. GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by midnightdust; 05-02-2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: didn't finish

JustSomeGuy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtohelp View Post
    I just posted something on a thread a m in. ago about adderall. I wish I came here sooner to read that i'm not the only one who has a problem with adderall.

To the people who say they aren't addicted...JUST WAIT till you take it for 7 years.

To the guy who snorted it.....I am perscribed 30mg.-TWICE day. for 6 years I took only what i was supposed to. Now unfortuatly i've got such a high tolerance to it that I NEED to take 6 or 7 30mg tablets everyday just so I don't get sick. I'm 32 married and have two small kids....I've put my husband thru hell for the last year by doing this.

Adderall can save your life and ******************** it up bigtime!
    Hi, I know exactly how you feel. But in my situation, I developed a tolerance much faster. I started off on a low dose, and titrated upward slowly over about a year to 270 mg/day. After a few months of that, I cut way back (yeah right) to 240 mg/day. I have been on that dose for about +/- 4 years now, maybe longer. My biggest thing right now is trying to find out whether others have found a big difference between the name brand Adderall IR, and generic (In my case, its Barr). I just have this feeling that I have to take such a high dose simply because the generic Barr just doesn't work as good as the name brand. I mean like WTF, on a typical day, I wake up and take five 30mg pills of generic IR, which has about as much kick to it as a cup or two of black coffee. Then I take more as the day goes on. Sometimes I end up taking like 10 or more pills in one day. I already made up my mind that my next refill in a week or so will be the brand name Adderall, so I will know soon enough I guess whether the generic is the problem, or not, But I really think I need to cut my present dosage, so if the name brand works better at a lesser dose, I'm all set - for now anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
    Hi, I know exactly how you feel. But in my situation, I developed a tolerance much faster. I started off on a low dose, and titrated upward slowly over about a year to 270 mg/day. After a few months of that, I cut way back (yeah right) to 240 mg/day. I have been on that dose for about +/- 4 years now, maybe longer. My biggest thing right now is trying to find out whether others have found a big difference between the name brand Adderall IR, and generic (In my case, its Barr). I just have this feeling that I have to take such a high dose simply because the generic Barr just doesn't work as good as the name brand. I mean like WTF, on a typical day, I wake up and take five 30mg pills of generic IR, which has about as much kick to it as a cup or two of black coffee. Then I take more as the day goes on. Sometimes I end up taking like 10 or more pills in one day. I already made up my mind that my next refill in a week or so will be the brand name Adderall, so I will know soon enough I guess whether the generic is the problem, or not, But I really think I need to cut my present dosage, so if the name brand works better at a lesser dose, I'm all set - for now anyway...
    Adderall is evil; I know from experience.
    I was HOOKED on 80 mg a day for 3+ years & quitting was murder! It let to pain killers to fight the comedown everyday & even though it made me a Superman at work, I felt it killing me slowly inside.

I recently started it again but capped myself at 20/40 mg a day. I plan on stopping again in 1-2 days.
    EnoughPercs

1st Clean Date: 3/26/07 - (Cold Turkey)
    2nd Clean Date: 9/1/07 - (Suboxone)

** Remember: Believing in a better you starts with believing in a higher purpose **

theguest688 is offline New Member

As with any other addiction/abuse case, amphetamines are only as bad as people make them out to be. Yes they lead to addiction. But there is a big difference as to slowly titrating dextroamphetamine or mixed amphetamines to a maximum dose of 60-100mg? given over time in a patient vs an abuser who takes half a gram of dextro or methamphetamine (10x the medical upper limit and usually not orally either...) to chase a borderline psychotic "high". Thats why amphetamines are not evil in and of themselves. If you took a normal dose of caffeine (200-400mg...thats 1-2 caffeine pills or 3-4 cups of cheap brewed coffee or good tea), multiplied by 10 and then insuflated that amount of caffeine...I will meet you in the ER. More of a question of finding the right medication and the right dosage...personally "tried" adderal and didnt like it, too edgy. Methylphenidate/Dextromethylphenidate both worked although the come down was kinda closed and depressed and what not but then issues with side effects came up and was switched onto dexedrine spansules which is so far working wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch1ns View Post
    If you believe that, and that has happened to you, you sir, do not have ADD. That's how it works on people who don't have ADD/ADHD.
    Not true, Hutch.
    I'm diagnosed ADD & addy's give me wings!
    EnoughPercs

1st Clean Date: 3/26/07 - (Cold Turkey)
    2nd Clean Date: 9/1/07 - (Suboxone)

** Remember: Believing in a better you starts with believing in a higher purpose **

SiestaKeys is offline Junior Member

Hey people, this is a very old thread so lets start a new one if needed. Otherwise let this one die.

MarylandFemale is offline New Member

New to this board.... this is exactly the info I needed.

As an adderal addict for the past three years.... I entered rehab in Jan for it and only came out using >>>>>> too. Now clean from >>>>>> still seaking help of adderal. THANK YOU!

evchuck is offline New Member

Exclamation Need some facts...

I'm here on behalf of a good friend of mine....a young woman who has made some bad choices in her life but is trying to turn that around by cleaning up and joining the U.S. military. However she made this decision recently after a large dose of adderall made her have very serious heart problems in one night. I was there to witness what an overdose can do to you...this was two months ago and I remember like it was yesterday...we were on our way to the hospital when she woke up and said she was well enough to go home...this was the first time she used amphetamines and took much more then the prescribed dosage. She wants to know how long the average dose (30 mg so I am told) takes to work out of your system and how long her dose (75 mg) will take to work out. Please reply as soon as possible. She will be leaving soon and needs to know if she is going to have to tell her recruiter to delay until it cleans out. Thank you for your help. Please try to answer for both doses and thank you again.

imissmyself is offline New Member

This is exactly what I am going through right now and though it's hard for my boyfriend to see a change, I see it, and i have lost interest in sex and even touching him or expressing how I feel. I am getting off adderall because for me there is no other way. It makes you into a zombie, especially in those who do not have add or adhd. i used adderall for depression, and it ended up just backfiring. show your girlfriend my post, i'm almost certain once you point it out she will realize the effects. i had no idea until my best friend pointed it out to me that all i do is stare at walls. there was one time where she was telling me about her ex boyfriend and i turned to her and said "this drink is really good" and walked away. that's when i realized i had lost myself. good luck, i hope we all get answers and hopefully (the cure) soon.

kjaq is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jds710 View Post
    I need some advice. My girlfriend is been on adderall for about 8 months now and it seems like she is not the same person. She is increasingly getting mad easier or for no apparent reason. She used to be very affectionate and our sex life was great but since she started taking adderall its almost completely dead. I read about certain side effects is loss of interest in sex and blunted affect or unemotional which seems to explain almost everything that i have been noticing. What would the doctor might recommend if she inquired about these side effects? Any advice for me would be very much help. I love her very much and after reading a few different threads on adderall i have become concearned that she may be addicted to it and i kinda feel as though she never needed it in the first place. Has anybody else experienced anything like this with adderall?
    She may need more extensive testing for her symptoms regarding diagnosis/ reason for prescribed adderall. Perhaps a different medication will work better.

kjaq is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch1ns View Post
    I agree whole heartedly with your comment. AdderallXR is effective for those who are properly diagnosed. If side effects out weigh the benefits, there are other medication options that may work better. Depends on the individual. If one is truly struggling with ADHD or in (my personal case: Adult ADD) monitoring sypmptoms, diagnosis and treatment is essential via knowledgeable health care professionals whom are trained to test and treat these disorders.

teky is offline New Member

Default can anyone help me with this question. please life and death i think

hi , my name is stephen i just turned 26 on vday i live in Edison NJ .~ i am not coming on here to whine or complain about my war stories and such forth , i kinda skimmed but i didnt really ready much of the post's which i will when im done writing my story. i am a recovering alcoholic , mostly thanks to adderall which already i realize isnt a good thing but def better then me being drunk , driving , becoming someone im not , pretty much everytime i drank , i drank ton's and would always blackout , why? i never knew . never had a crazy hard life and i am thankful for that . i try to keep an open mind and see other people's views , but i am gettin side tracked already , hopefully you all are still reading.

basically about im not sure if it was mid april 07 but i got laid off with construction job and i had some free time and money to be a bum so i took it and tried to go pro in esports , yes esports >> explain but i could go on foreever , anyway came close , went to playboy mansion for draft etc etc just for a video game , well during playing this video game (counter strike source) i went to LAN up in CT , i live in NJ with a teammate and practice where i re discoverd Adderall . i used to take tons of prescribed meds when i was 9-16 i forgot when i got off meds , prolly when i started experimenting with other drugs being that got heart crushed and all that young life ******** now that i realize , however i resdiscovered adderall and my friend said it would help me focus and he wasnt lying , i became a MACHINE , in everything i did . Social Skills , Productivity , Spittin diareah mouth like it was my job. i am outgoing usually but takes time but with addy i felt it was a miracle , i could talk to anybody etc etc i was like o wow cool. and i wasnt drinking. And When i Tried i felt it was a waste cause >> have to drink twice as much and i just felt better with the adderall . not only was Adderall helping me i thought but it made everything so much better . i think i tend to like that feeling and it reminded me closest thing to XTC but i could keep doing it daily , X . Obviously you can't because it just drains your serantonine anyways you experts already know this , where im getting too is , gaming and adderall is amazing not gonna lie , everything improved. i tried to snort it but i felt it was to potent that way . So i come back after my 3 month vacation and Go back home to NJ , i pretty much was taking a broken up 10-20 mg pill in 4's and nibblin on em like NERDS the candy. my teammate said why you taking so much you dont need that much blah blah , he obviously didnt know the addict that lies within. SO~ before i left his dad was a PHD. and wrote it for him pretty much when he needed it , he didnt really abuse it however , anyways being the addict i was , i stole a whole 90 bottle on the way back . and i believe these were 30 MG's not really sure . however i come back and tell the good news to everyone how i stopped drinkin and i been takin this adderall. i even got some friends on to it . what a mistake , because it was hard for me to find and now i had to share that i had or whatever , i am very generous so me being me and rergretting later would always share . however i started to run out and feel ********py so first thing i did was see my psychiatrist whom has been a family friend and my shrink for a good 6 yrs by now. i told him how i heard about adderall and ive been havin problems focusing . blah blah blah etc you get my drift. i ended up getting a 20 mg prescription and moderating it , soon to ask for 30 mg mind you ive only been on it for 3 months now and i dont even know but it got to 60 mg daily within this time but i was takin prolly that to 90mg a day , till i found XR's which i really liked cause it lasted Twice as Long . so i was getting these and getting generics which in general Addy is very hard @ least for me to find and i only had and still have 1 connect for that. anyways LONGG story short , i been on it since and now im @ the point of 120 MG daily if ANYTHING . best i ever tried was 60 mg but i fiend so much for more , i just dont want it to lead to somethin like crystal meth . basically i have been abusing it slowly but surely and i have gained a routine of staying up 2 days doing construction nontheless and then sleep 1 day , pretty much AWAKE was the new SLEEP for me. so i did this 2-1-2 pattern for a good 6-7 mnths just about now and yea i lost about 30lbs but i think i look better then i ever have , however my body i can feel it goin down a bad path . i dont work construction anymore thank god and trying to run a business me and a partner have been brainstorming over but besides that i feel i need to ween myself off and i just dont know how , sure i could go to NA MEETINGS but will i? i never did for alcohol and i sure know i will not until i move out of where i am currently living because the atmopshere is impossible to recover in , roomattes either smoke do some bs one day or the other just a bunch of friedns who are addicts but some just dont know it yet~ and are stubborn anyways i hate trying to explain myself to people who arent addicts because its like if your a pro football player and im not obviously whoeever else is a pro football player will understand that player more then the non when it comes to that . its to much politics. i just would like to know how to get off it or if anyone recommends somethin not as addictin where you stay up and such , its mostly sleep deprivation in my opinion but recently i was off it for 4 days and i just went insane , needed it . acted like the raging addict i once was when i wanted to drink but knew i couldnt. i lasted 4 days and fell right back into it . i feel like i only KNOW this world on adderall lately and so lost without it . i was put on this medicine that helps the withdrawls its called ZYPRESSa or somethin , i just felt really knocked out when i tried wakin up on it . its like takin a tab of acid u take it the same way. it just helped me calm down but what from there ya know? i have been up too 300 MG before i cant afford that but when i can i indulge , its like i know its not right yet the pleasure is the dark cloud which i think feels like the white cloud yet disguised. i KNOW & BELIEVE when i do get straight and i will hopefully before its to late , i can achieve anything. so i just wanted to know if anyone could help me?

I THANK Whoever had the PATIENCE to read that and would give me some feed back. thanks much

stephen

>> also like to mention , being an addict . it wouldnt seem right to go to the painkillers cause i know how i am , and that just seems like another road i dont wanna go down, so being the addict how do you win this battle? meetings yet feel ********ty forever? how does this work not sayin meetings make ya feel ********ty . pretty much it is a never ending battle but to be off everything forever is hard to swallow.

when i saw someone post about if this will make me feel like this then before then ill die feeling this way. some powerful stuff because sometimes im not sayin i am prone to the death throne but i think that way also , used to when i drank . i just cant afford or deal with anymore crutches , stealing because of it just being a sneaky person yet down inside knowing i have the heart of a saint. it just dont make sense , and yes life is not fair i could say this but that usually just pisses people off . anyways i guess you only got god for this one.

does anyone know if you can get adderall ordering it online and is it legit? and could you do so without a script ? my doc pulled me off it cold turkey and i dont think that is fair. anyways my 2 cents again

>> also like to mention , being an addict . it wouldnt seem right to go to the painkillers cause i know how i am , and that just seems like another road i dont wanna go down, so being the addict how do you win this battle? meetings yet feel ********ty forever? how does this work not sayin meetings make ya feel ********ty . pretty much it is a never ending battle but to be off everything forever is hard to swallow.

when i saw someone post about if this will make me feel like this then before then ill die feeling this way. some powerful stuff because sometimes im not sayin i am prone to the death throne but i think that way also , used to when i drank . i just cant afford or deal with anymore crutches , stealing because of it just being a sneaky person yet down inside knowing i have the heart of a saint. it just dont make sense , and yes life is not fair i could say this but that usually just pisses people off . anyways i guess you only got god for this one.

does anyone know if you can get adderall ordering it online and is it legit? and could you do so without a script ? my doc pulled me off it cold turkey and i dont think that is fair. anyways my 2 cents again

mind you i stay up for 2 days and i keep takin it sometimes i lose track of what was the amount i took today? i def know it aint good but i def dont like being insane either so.

goodgirls is offline New Member

Default feelings on my very young son on adderall xr

My son is under 10 years old and has been on Adderall xr for 2 years now, taking a short break a few months ago to try concerta. He has severe ADHD and ODD. The concerta did nothing for him, Adderall is the only thing that has worked great for him. He started on regular adderall than had to switch to adderall xr since it was wearing off way to early. After 2 years he's now taking one 25 mg. and one 20 mg. xr every morning. He also has very bad sleeping problems and the adderall doesn't help so he takes sleeping pills at night. I thank god for Adderall because my son was having so many problems at home and scholl before it. Now he is a perfect student and well behaved. It is one of the hardest choices for a parent but I feel it was the right choice for us. Yes, I have tried one when he first got them but to see why so many people liked them. I just couldn't handle the feeling, I was wired all day and had a headache by the next day. It felt like I was doing coke all day. Not a good feeling at all for me, but then again I haven't done things like that for about 15 years now, that's probably why it was too much for me. I still don't understand how it does that to someone without adhd but calms you if you have it. I guess that's how you know if someone really needs to be on it or not by the feeling they get from it. Hope this helps someone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast