Page 23 of 436 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Lexapro Withdrawal
    Scotty is offline New Member

Miss Lee,

Great news that you found a cause! So happy for you. The best part is that it's treatable with diet and you won't have to take anymore drugs. Yeah!

I have a lot of those symptoms myself. I tremble a lot when I lay in bed but that's been mainly from the withdrawal I think. Before though my hands have always trembled a little. They tested me for diabetes at the ER and my blood came back normal. Is that the same as the glucose test you're talking about?

My daytime sensitivity to noise has gotten so much better over the last couple of days. Still having trouble sleeping. Didn't have to take anything Friday or Saturday night but had to take Lunesta last night. That stuff really works great for me. Glad I have it when I need it.

Anybody else's ears ringing from this drug? I've always had some minor tinnitus from TMJ but it got a lot worse with the dose of Celexa. Hope that will go away soon.

On the mend anyway.

Noticing Magnesium Citrate really works well during the day if I start getting edgy. Good stuff and works quickly.

I'm also one who checks this forum a lot as I'm curious how everyone's doing and always looking for info.

Hang in there everyone! The healing is slow but it does get better day by day.

anxiousbabe is offline Junior Member

Hello everyone,

I too, check this site often, but don't always write. This is 4 wks for me off of the lexapro and this week I am having a few heart palps and I am starting to hate bedtime again. ( boy I feel like a child when I say that) I went for acupuncture today, and I missed last week so I hope that is why I was feeling ****py this week. However I lost 3.7 pound this week and I am so excited about that. I was never able to lose weight before while on lexapro, I just kept gaining.

Miss lee - I am glad you finally found out what was causing your body to feel the way it did and I hope you continue to feel well.

Body E - so glad to see you back. I am sorry to hear that your dad is in the hospital and my prayers are sent his way. I hope he is feeling better soon. Good luck with the offer on the house, I hope it works out for you. You sound really good.

Aunty - God bless you and I wish you a speedy recovery with your knee surgery. Just think you will be getting around in no time. Just know that we are all here for you, like you always are for us. Hugs and kisses are sent your way. You are an amazing person and a awesome mom.

I must not lie when I say I did have to break down and take a half of xanax a couple of times within the last week and a half, because the nighttime has not been kind to me. I get so tired and think that I am just going to fall asleep and then all of a sudden it hits me - the anxiety and the heart palps. Not a full blown anxiety, but enough to keep me up to 3 am and that is not cutting it when I have to get up at 6am with the kids so I did have to take it to get some sleep, but I do not want to get into that habit again. The one thing that lexapro did was get me out of that habit, so I don't want to start it again.

Well Scotty and craig, I hope you guys are feeling better today and please continue to write and share what you are feeling each day - we are all in this together. If it wasn't for this site and the special people on it, I don't know how I would have survived the withdrawel without thinking that I was totally crazy. Scotty are you still getting a bit anxious after running???? I get a little anxious after my run or excercise at the gym.

Be well,
    Florence

RedPA is offline New Member

I'm taking 10 mg a day of Lex now. Still have a bit of a headache, and trying to keep my water intake high. I haven't taken any dramamine yet.

Scotty, the sensitivity to noise - is that from the Lex? I thought I was going to blow a gasket, more than a few times this past yr, at work and at home. I was trying so hard to concentrate, and noises seemed to be extremely distracting. Stunted productivity. I didn't have too much of a problem out in public, short stints like running to the store, and there could be a ruckus there. Didn't bother me too much because I saw a end/escape to that scenario.

I feel less wiped out this week, don't know if that means some energy will return as I wean off.

I have felt hypoglycemic at times, but the bloodwork hasn't supported it. I'll start to feel shaky, and know I need something to eat. Especially if 4+ hrs have passed. If I let it go too long beyond the initial shaking, my head starts to throb and when I do get a chance to consume something, it doesn't seem to stop the shaking/dizzy feeling for a while. I try to plan my day/travel so I don't get that far, but it has happened a few times lately.

oceangrl is offline New Member

I've been off lex for about 3 weeks now and somedays I feel great- others no so. My biggest problem is dizziness and shakiness. I also thought maybe it had to do with my diet so I found myself intaking lots of diet soda and carbs thinking I'd have more energy and not feel so run down. I actually feel worse because I'm gaining wait.(big suprise). I just totally need to change my diet and exercise habits around, force myself even when I'm tired. It's hard with school and other stressors. When I have spear time all I want to do is rest! Oh well- I hope everyone is feeling better and hang in there! We'll all feel better I swear!

Oh- does anyone have any reccomendations on finding a good accupuncturist? I know it's important to find one who's licensed but any other qualities to look for?

TrishCA is offline Junior Member

Oceangrl,

Are you taking any supplements?

Anxiousbabe, congratulations on the loss of your 3.7 pounds.

Miss Lee, I also read the posts whenever I get the chance. Outside of this forum, there were (are) no other people with whom I could express what I felt like coming off Lexapro. You guys have been my support system. For that, I will always thank you.

Long ago,(~March)I told my husband that I was cutting down on Lexapro. He told me, more than once, that I shouldn't try to cut down. Even though, it hurt me inside to hear that, I knew better so I continued my plan - alone!

Now that I have been off Lex. for over 40 days and feeling in control of my life again, I am glad that I did not allow him to change my mind.

Miss Lee is offline Member

Hi all-

I wanted to let you know that they "THINK" it was caused by hypoglycemia. I have to wait to get a 6-hour glucose test to see for sure. But with that i am waiting for a referral from a poopy doc to the diabetes center. Great. I still have that shaking as well. I went to acupuncture last night and have stomache distress today. As always. Obviously that Lexa-poision is not out of my liver yet. So I think that i am dealing with both issues. How awesome.

Scotty: How you feeling? How ya sleeping?

Anxious: Way to go with the 4 lbs. That is GREAAAAAT!

I didn't want anyone to think I found a miracle cure with the hypoglycemia. It just is a side note. Lexapro has been known to mess with blood sugars. It doesn't always show up on those blood tests, becasue everybody processes glucose differently. If you have these symptoms, it wouldn't be a bad idea to follow a HYPO diet to help even it all out. Plus, HYPO diets are healthy.

Must go...big day!

Miss Lee

BODY- congrats on the house!!!!

brwniz38 is offline New Member

Ok.. I'm new to this site.. I've been steadily reading about the withdrawal effects of Lexapro.. I'm pretty frustrated at this point.. I have been on lexapro for about 2 years I guess.. At first they put me on Paxil, but I went off soon, and then ended up on Lexapro. I'm getting ready to ween myself off, and the advise I have read on this site is soo helpful. I do have a few questions. I notice alot of talk about Flockhart P 450 Cytochrome system, and drug interactions to Melatonin, Motrin, decongestants, etc. I am on the daily. I take melatonin to sleep, motrin almost every day for headaches, decongestants all the time, and I'm worried what I've been doing to my body. Can someone explain a little more in-depth?? Please!!! My prescription ran out of lexapro last week, and I ended up not taking it for 5 days, and now I realize all I went through during that time was withdrawal. Racing heart, out of sorts, nauseau, etc.. I went to my doc for an EKG for my heart, and when I told him I hadn't been on my lexapro, he immediately gave me a sample and said to get back on it. So.......if I go off gradually, am I going to feel like I did last week? It was awful. At the time I didn't put two and two together to realize it was withdrawal symptoms. Why is this stuff legal? Why are doctors putting their patients on it?? I recently started seeing a natural doctor (thank god for him), and I have adrenal fatigue, a messed up thyroid, high cotrisol, totally out of what adrenaline.. I'm just a mess, and now I'm wondering if alot of this has to do with my lexapro?? I've gained 20 lbs in two years as well!! Sorry, I'm just venting, I'm soo frustrated with all this... I'm on 10mg a day right now. How should I ween off? Should I break them in half for a week or so, then go off? Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate!! Thanks!

Ok.. I'm new to this site.. I've been steadily reading about the withdrawal effects of Lexapro.. I'm pretty frustrated at this point.. I have been on lexapro for about 2 years I guess.. At first they put me on Paxil, but I went off soon, and then ended up on Lexapro. I'm getting ready to ween myself off, and the advise I have read on this site is soo helpful. I do have a few questions. I notice alot of talk about Flockhart P 450 Cytochrome system, and drug interactions to Melatonin, Motrin, decongestants, etc. I am on the daily. I take melatonin to sleep, motrin almost every day for headaches, decongestants all the time, and I'm worried what I've been doing to my body. Can someone explain a little more in-depth?? Please!!! My prescription ran out of lexapro last week, and I ended up not taking it for 5 days, and now I realize all I went through during that time was withdrawal. Racing heart, out of sorts, nauseau, etc.. I went to my doc for an EKG for my heart, and when I told him I hadn't been on my lexapro, he immediately gave me a sample and said to get back on it. So.......if I go off gradually, am I going to feel like I did last week? It was awful. At the time I didn't put two and two together to realize it was withdrawal symptoms. Why is this stuff legal? Why are doctors putting their patients on it?? I recently started seeing a natural doctor (thank god for him), and I have adrenal fatigue, a messed up thyroid, high cotrisol, totally out of what adrenaline.. I'm just a mess, and now I'm wondering if alot of this has to do with my lexapro?? I've gained 20 lbs in two years as well!! Sorry, I'm just venting, I'm soo frustrated with all this... I'm on 10mg a day right now. How should I ween off? Should I break them in half for a week or so, then go off? Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate!! Thanks!

sunnyskies is offline New Member

Hello All! This forum has been soooooo helpful for me this morning.

I have been on Lexapro for about a year for depression and anxiety. I so wish I would have never ever started taking it.

I have been weaning now for almost 2 months. I was taking 20mgs everyday, then taking 10 mgs, every other day. Then one week ago today, just stopped taking it. Maybe I should have started taking 5 mgs, then quit. But from what I have read, it seems like the withdrawl symptoms would be here regardless.

I am having major bouts of dizziness, and some heart palipitations. Its just a scary feeling.

My husband and I are trying for our 2nd child now, so I wanted to stop taking the meds. I just can't wait to get over all of these side effects.

I am taking a prenatal vitamin, amino acids, and a B-12.

My depression stemmed from an "inappropriate relationship" my husband had with another woman when our first child was only 6 months old. Now 1-1/2 years later we have reconciled, and very happy again.

I don't believe that the depression will come back when I come off the meds. If I can just get through this withdrawl period things will be so much better.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I just went and raided our Halloween candy and found some chocolate! Hopefully that will boost my seretonin levels!

Craigre is offline Junior Member

-Miss Lee
    What is a HYPO diet? From what I have read it sounds like you just snack more carbohydrates and fiber throughout the day to keep the glucose levels up.... or something like that.

-brwniz38
    How do you know you have "adrenal fatigue, a messed up thyroid, high cotrisol, totally out of what adrenaline"? What are your symptoms for that? What tests have you done to confirm it? I really want to know if i am suffering from that stuff as well. I think I am but i dont know what i need to be tested for. I think my hormones are out of wack.

The hardest part in the weening is the last step... totally stopping... so make it a small step. I would do 5mg for at least a week. Then, 2.5mg for a week. Then, 2.5mg every other day for a week. After that you could probably just drop it completely unless you are really sensitive to it. If you are then just keep adding days of not taking it between days of taking it.

-sunnyskies
    I recommend the same for you... as well as anyone else that is stopping lexapro. Ween to at least 5mg before stopping completely. If you are getting terrible withdrawals then ween more. I think you are right though. I think some people will have bad withdrawals no matter what but I think stopping from 5mg would be less painfull than stopping from 10mg.

mccain91 is offline New Member

Brwniz38-
    The best advice I received was from this site, on the weaning process. I went from 10mg, to 5mg for one week, 3.75mg. for one week, and am now at 2.5 for this week. It is working wonderfully for me, I do experience slight side effects, but it is better than trying to cut back to fast, which I tried and couldn't handle! I'm going to 1.25 mg next week, then 1.25 mg every other day for the last week, and then going OFF, hopefully for good! Just try to get plenty of rest, and eat at the right times. I also started taking a multivitamin and B complex vitamin and feel that is helping too! The process is slow, but will be worth it in the end!!!

Hi everyone,

Not much new to report for today. It's 21 days since my bad reaction to celexa and I am much improved. Still heightened sensitivity to noise and trouble sleeping but feel as though I'm getting back to 'normal'. At least as normal as I was pre-reaction.

RedPA-
    Don't know if your sensitivity to noise is related to your withdrawal or not since I had a rather abnormal reaction to the medication like Miss Lee did. But I wouldn't doubt it. Try the magnesium citrate or if it gets too bad half a dramamine. That has really helped me with the sensitivity to noise.

anxiousbabe-
    Thanks for the well-wishing. Hope your acupuncture treatment has you feeling better. I went to mine tonight and man I feel so much better when I leave there. Wish I could afford an in-house acupuncturist. I'd do it everyday.

Does anybody else's acupuncturist use leave-in needles. When I was doing really bad last week he put a leave-in one in the top crevice of my left ear(a mind calming point). He said anytime I was feeling anxious just to massage it. I think it helped a lot. I left it in all week.

Ran again last night and wasn't nearly as dizzy but still think it heightens the reaction as the liver detoxes more after execise.

Here is a site I can across while searching for bad reactions to anti-depressants. They have a lot of helpful advice.
    http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/reaction.htm

Hope I can sleep natural tonight or it's back to the Lunesta. Better than lying awake all night.

Will say a prayer for everyone tonight.
    Tomorrow is one step closer to recovery.

craigre - I went to a natural doc who put me through alot tests. None were covered by insurance, but it was so well worth it.. He tested my cortisol levels through a saliva test. With all my symptoms he thought my cortisol would be depleted, but it was actually high at three points in the day, and then dropped in the afternoon, but was high again at midnight.. He said this was beginning stages of Adrenal Fatigue. The cortisol is actually rising to fight the stress and fatigue I am under. If it doesn't get fixed, the cortisol will eventually deplete itself and basically at that point I will be in exhaustion.. He tested my hormones (epinephrine, norepinephrine, gaba, etc) through a urine test. They were all out of whack (I meant whack, not what). He also did my thyroid test, which was a little different from the normal thyroid test you would get at your regular doc. He found I was low, but not soo low as a regular test would show, and that I also had a positive antibody that was fighting my thyroid hormone. He has me on a ton of supplements and a natural thyroid supplement. Nothing synthetic. I'm feeling better, have actually lost 9 lbs, and i'm hoping to lose more once I stop the lexapro..

mccain91 - Thanks for the advise, I went down to 5mg yesterday, and I'm going to stick with that for a week. However, next week how do i get down to 2.5mg? Do i just keep cutting the pills in half and then quarters? hahahaha! I'm new at this cutting down thing...

Thanks to all for all the wonderful advise and stories you share on this site.. It is soo helpful to others!!

craigre - forgot to mention my symptoms that sent me to doc in the first place: I was totally exhausted all the time, gaining weight, depressed (even with lexapro), couldn't fall asleep at night, but couldn't get out of bed in the AM, always in a fog, getting terrible headaches, and I had alot of stomach issues as well.. He also found I was gluten intolerant, so I've been on a gluten free diet for two months, and it has made a big difference as well. I think I have many issues going on in my body all at once.. I just need to get a handle on all of them to get back to feeling normal. Hope this helps you some, I'm sure I had many other symptoms, I just can't recall all of them right now...

anxiousbabe is offline Junior Member

Hello all,

SUNNYSKYS - When I read your posts I almost choked. You and I have alot in common. My husband did the same thing when our daughter was 7 months. It was a very short meaningless work related affair, but it was enough to put me over the edge and on this terrible medication. We are now excellent and always have been and I think that's why it threw me for a loop, but sometimes **** happens. you can email me on my personal email if you ever want to talk. fknight1@hotmail.com

SCOTTY - My acupuncturist makes me feel wonderful and I really was never a believer until I skipped my appt. last week and felt my anxiety creeping back again. I went yesterday and was able to sleep good last night. She does leave the needles in my ear also and they do work. I don't have them in this week, but she will put them in when ever I ask. I had to give my ears a break. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. I also didn't run last night, so we will see what happens after I run tonight. I am curious to see if I feel anxious after I run. Prayers are sent your way.

Miss Lee- how are you doing today? Trisha - how about you? I hope you guys are feeling better today.
    Body e and aunty - I miss you guys. Please come back soon!!! Your words of wisdom are missed.

well I hope everyone finds themselves feeling a little bit better today. Talk to ya later.

Be well,
    Florence

mccain91 is offline New Member

browniz38-
    Yes, you just have to keep cutting, and good luck, it's not easy! My husband tried for me this week, and couldn't believe how tiny they had to get! 5 mg. is the easiest one!!! I wish it came in liquid form!

Scotty-
    Thank you so much for the web site. It is nice to finally have something in my hand that supports my feelings. (18 months???YUCK! I pray that i am a 4 month-er)

I am going to a nautropath on Thursday for some more testing. My feeling is that the hypoglycemia was always there, but this tipped it. I am still having symptoms of withdrawal. I feel that my family and friends think I am nuts. I just stopped talking about it with them. They don't get it. Well the only ones that do are you guys. Sometimes i even feel that my counselor thinks i make things up.

Scotty- do you have like a internal trembling feeling all the time? I got it BAD!

Good note: No panic or severe anxiety for about two weeks. Dizziness is there only on occasion. IBS- only after acupuncture.

A HYPO diet is protein and COMPLEX carbs (brown rice, beans, vegies)
    ABSOULTeLY NO sugar, white foods (including rice), high GI fruits (bananas, dates) It is just a healthy diet to aid recovery for the body.

Welcome browniz and sunny! Glad to have you.

OH<OH<OH I slept well last night. I am sooooo excited about that!

How are things Craigre?

MISS LEE

Miss Lee-

I too feel like my friends and family think I am totally nuts!!! My husband says I am a hypochondriac, which makes me soo upset!! I have been sick for years, and this lexapro I am realizing has only made things worse.. But I'm on my way to recovery, and off this poison!! After reading your bouts with hypo, I wonder if I should be tested for that too..IF I go too long without eating, I get all shaky and confused, sometimes I feel like I could either pass out or throw up.. Then 20 or so minutes after I eat, I start to feel better.. Again, my husband doesn't even acknowledge I am having problems, he laughs it off and says I'm just nuts! It's so frustrating to be me these days... I'm glad I found this site..

Brwniz-

It is definatley worth a try to see if your have blood sugar issues. BEWARE of GP's, they often don't have a clue about it. (surprise!!) There is a good book by Edward Krimmel (LOW BLOOD SUGAR HANDBOOK????) I really forget the true name. That might be it. GOOGLE: edward KRIMMEL Lexapro can make this condition worse.

Miss Lee

quote:Originally posted by brwniz38

craigre - I went to a natural doc who put me through alot tests. None were covered by insurance, but it was so well worth it.. He tested my cortisol levels through a saliva test. With all my symptoms he thought my cortisol would be depleted, but it was actually high at three points in the day, and then dropped in the afternoon, but was high again at midnight.. He said this was beginning stages of Adrenal Fatigue. The cortisol is actually rising to fight the stress and fatigue I am under. If it doesn't get fixed, the cortisol will eventually deplete itself and basically at that point I will be in exhaustion.. He tested my hormones (epinephrine, norepinephrine, gaba, etc) through a urine test. They were all out of whack (I meant whack, not what). He also did my thyroid test, which was a little different from the normal thyroid test you would get at your regular doc. He found I was low, but not soo low as a regular test would show, and that I also had a positive antibody that was fighting my thyroid hormone. He has me on a ton of supplements and a natural thyroid supplement. Nothing synthetic. I'm feeling better, have actually lost 9 lbs, and i'm hoping to lose more once I stop the lexapro..
    brwniz,
    welcome to this site. I've been lurking for a while, and only recently posted also.

How did you find the natural doc? Recommendations? I am interested in the Adrenal Fatigue that you describe - the supplements will help you avoid complete exhaustion?

I have had thyroid cancer this past year, as well as an autoimmune disease that originated in thyroid. I've been taking synthetic thyroid hormone for about 2.5 yrs. It would be great to find a natural alternative to that. Plus, I would hope that I feel better. Sometimes, I don't know if it was the surgery & treatment for all that, or the Lex that has made me feel poorly.

I purchased a pill cutter over the weekend, but it doesn't work as well as one of my kitchen knives. I'm taking 10 mg this week (weaning down from 20 mg - was at 15 mg for almost 2 wks).

take care!

anxiousbabe and Scotty,
    When the acupuncturist leaves the needles in (your ear), do you bump it easily or does it get dislodged when you sleep?

Brewer is offline Junior Member

I quit cold turkey 10 days ago after a few years at 20 mg. My breast have been growing for 12 plus months and even lactating! My endocrinologist thinks it may be the Lex so he wanted me off. After dealing with lactation and big breasts I went cold turkey.

So far so good, zaps, etc are there, but getting better. Taking supplements and feel my craving for alcohol is going away.

HOWEVER, I feel bloated like a baloon. My midsection feels like a hard block and my pants are tight in the waist, but nowhere else. What gives? And when will it go away?

I do feel better and I'm glad to hopefully make some progress, but this just sucks. I look 10 pounds heavier for NO REASON!

Brewer was here

Just wanted to say I'd really appreciate some input. I know everyone is busy, but this is overwhelming and I think this board has so much info! No one else understands it, and I don't want to try to explain!

I also posted several pages back with more info, but no replies.

Thanks for your time,
    Denise

Brewer was here

Miss Lee-
    Don't worry about the timeline on that site just take whatever info you find useful. They say not to do vigorous exercise but I find that it helps me. Everyone's different.

One of the suggestions that really helped was to use memory triggers before the reaction to bring back feelings of normalcy. Like for me, one of the happiest times in my life was during the line-dancing craze (mid nineties) at least here in KC. So I've been listening to A LOT of country music. It's calming and really takes me to happy place. I think it's helping a bunch.

I'm only really trembling, or only notice it, when I'm trying to sleep. That's part of what makes it so rough to go to sleep. Still taking Lunesta but I determine to get a normal nights sleep soon.

It's true most people can't even begin to understand or even relate to what the withdrawal/bad reaction is like. I know there are some people at work that think I've been 'touched' now. I can't do anything about what other people think(nor do I care to). I find support mainly with christian friends, family, and this board. Bible passages help a ton to keep you grounded. Like Miss Lee said use them like a mantra for meditation. Very powerful.

RedPA-

My leave-in acupunture didn't get in the way at all. I showered and did all the normal stuff. My acupunturist put an adhesive tape over it so it would stay in. You'll even forget it's there.

Another thing I noticed, someone mentioned it on here. The more I eat, the better I feel. If I'm getting edgy or hyper-sensitive and have a big meal I feel so much more normal. The first two weeks food wasn't an option because the reaction was so bad, but when you can eat, go ahead and pig-out. It helps!

Brewer-
    Sorry I don't have much helpful advice for those symptoms. I know this stuff tore my stomach up. I felt like I had an ice pick in my mid-section. I'm still taking prilosec and find it helps a lot for the stomach discomfort.

Hang in there all. Keep praying and do what you can to keep your mind occupied whether work or reading or gardening or whatever. I think distraction helps heal the mind. Worrying certainly ain't workin'
    []

God Bless.

RedPA-

It just so happened that my OB/GYN was very much into the Natural/Alternative Medicines, so he broke off on his own to become an Alternative Health Dr. I bet if you did a search, in Yahoo, even under the yellow pages in your zipcode, and searched Alternative Health, it would bring up some listings in your area.
    My doc put me on Armour Thyroid as a supplement for my hypothyroid.. It's a natural alternative to synthroid. Of course, the natural approach is never an immediate fix like the synthetic drugs can be, but it's much better for your body to avoid synthetics. With having the thyroid cancer, I'm not really sure what your options would be in that area. A Natural doc would offer many suggestions I am sure. I've given up on General Practicioners, they have offered me no help at all.. I've wanted to see a natural doctor for many years but always used the excuse they cost too much, insurance doesn't cover most of them, etc.. But now that i've done it, I've realized this is the best money I've ever spent!! How many times do we blow money on useless material objects, but when it comes to health it gets the second hand, back burner effect! It's worth it, and you actually feel like your symptoms are not only being understood, but they are getting the proper treatment as well!! Hope that helps!! I'm sure you can find one near you with just a simple search.. Sometimes Chiropractors know many Alternative Health Doctors as well! Good Luck

Brewer-

I'm sure since you have gone off cold turkey you are going to experience some dramatic side effects, but since you are 10 days out, just hang in there, it will get better! Did the swollen stomach happen after you went off cold turkey, or was it always like that?

It just started in the last week. Is this normal?

Brewer was here

auntybiotic is offline Senior Member

BREWSTER,

I ONLY HAVE A MINUTE BECAUSE I NEED TO TAKE MY DAUGHTER TO SCHOOL. BUY PRIMAL DEFENSE FOR YOUR STOMACH ISSUES. IT IS AVAILABLE AT MOST HEALTH FOOD STORES FOR ABOUT $40.00 A BOTTLE. IT HELPED MY DAUGHTER AND MANY OTHERS.

YOU HAVE THE SWOLLEN MID SECTION DUE TO THE CORTISOL THAT THE LEXAPRO HAS SCREWED UP. SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT HAVING YOUR 24 HOUR CORTISOL LEVELS TAKEN BY SALIVA METHOD AND HAVING YOUR HORMONES CHECKED.

I CAN BET THAT YOU WILL HAVE DIPS IN CORTISOL WITH HIGH LEVELS AT NIGHT WHEN THEY SHOULD BE LOW. THIS IS WHY MOST LEXAPRO USERS AND EX LEXAPRO USERS HAVE ANXIETY AT NIGHTS.

YOU WILL IMPROVE IF YOUR MD TREATS THE CORTISOL AND HORMONE ISSUES. EVER WONDER WHY LEXAPRO GIVES YOU SWEATS AND CHILLS? IT REALLY SCREWS WITH THE HORMONE LEVELS.

THE SAME RULE APPLIES TO WOMEN WHO GET LARGER BREAST WHILE TAKING LEXAPRO. IMAGINE A TRIP INTO PREGNANCY AND MENOPAUSE AT THE SAME TIME............LEXAPRO TAKES YOUR HOMROMES TO THE LEVELS YOU MIGHT EXPERIENCE WHILE GOING THRU BEING PREGNANT WITH THE EMOTIONAL HIGHS AND LOWS AS WELL AS THE MOODINESS, EXHAUSTION.

NOW IMAGINE MENOPAUSE...............THE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, THE WEIGHT GAIN, THE SWOLLEN MID SECTION, THE SWEATS THEN CHILLS, THE EXTREME MOODINESS.........CAN YOU SEE NOW THAT SSRI'S LIKE LEXAPRO CAN CAUSE SO MANY SYMPTOMS AS THE HORMONES ARE BEING DISTURBED. IMAGINE YOUR HORMONES BEING UNBALANCED ACROSS THE CHART ALL AT ONCE.................WELCOME TO LEXAPRO WORLD.

IMAGINE A RUG BEING PULLED OUT FROM BENEATH YOU............THIS IS WHAT WITHDRAWALING FROM OR QUITTING LEXAPRO DOES TO YOUR BODY AND BRAIN. CAN YOU SEE WHY VERY SLOW TAPERING IS BEST BECAUSE IT ALLOWS YOUR BODY TIME TO READUST.

AS WAS POSTED BEFORE. ONE DOSE OF LEXAPRO CAN DOUBLE YOUR CORTISOL LEVEL. THIS AFFECTS ADRENALINE..........THUS THE ANXIETY. AS THIS CORTISOL OVERLOAD CONTINUES THE BODY TRIES TO READJUST AND GOES INTO ADRENAL FATIGUE.

EVERYONE TAPERING OR QUITTING LEXAPRO SHOULD TAKE A GOOD MULTIVITAMIN SUCH AS "GARDEN OF LIIFE", ALSO A GOOD MINERAL SUPPLEMENT...............PREFERALBY A LIQUID.

MAGNESIUM MALATE OR CITRATE HELPS WITH THE ANXIETY ISSUES AND ALSO RESTORES THE DEPLETE MAGNESIUM LEVELS CAUSED BY LEXAPRO USE.

CARSONS FISH OIL IS EXCELLENT FOR MOODINESS AND ALSO HELPS WITH THE WIGHT ISSUES.

NAONI JUICE TAKEN THRUOUT THE DAY HELPS WITH DEPERSONALIZATION ISSUES.(FEELING LIKE YOUR LIMBS ARE NOT ATTACHED AT TIMES OR FEELING LIKE YOU ARE A OUTSIDER.) YOU CAN EVEN MIX A FEW OUNCES ON NAONI JUICE IN WATER AND SIP IT ALL DAY LONG.

BONNIE OR DRAMAMINE HELP WITH THE DIZZINESS AND NASEAU.

FOR THOSE CUTTING PILLS.....lEXAPRO DOES COME IN LIQUID FORM............MAKES IT A LOT EASIER TO BE ACCURATE ON THE DOSES AS WELL AS TAPER OFF OF EVEN SMALLER LEVELS AT THE END.SUCH AS 1 MG OR .05 OF A MILLIGRAM...................MAKES THE WITHDRAWALS A LITTLE MORE BEARABLE AND HELPS THE BRAIN TO READJUST TO THE SMALLER LEVELS OF THE SEROTONIN.................BEFORE STOPPING. ASK YOUR PHYSICIAN TO PRESCRIBE IT TO MAKE THE PROCESS EASIER.IT IS MINT FLAVORED.

THE ZAPS OR ELECTRICAL LIKE FEELING ONE GETS DURING WITHDRAWAL ARE CAUSED BY TOO FAST OF A TAPER. THE NEUROTRANSMITTERS IN THE BRAIN ARE MISFIRING BECAUSE THE SEROTONIN LEVELS WERE DISRUPTED AND THE BRAIN WAS NOT ABLE TO READUST TO THE NEW LEVEL THUS THE ZAPS (OR MISFIRING). CAN YOU SEE WHY SLOW TAPERING OF NOT MORE THEN 5% TO 10% OF YOUR PRESENT DOSE ALLOWS THE BRAIN TIME TO READJUST..IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL SEE BETTER RESULTS BY TAPERING SLOWER.

SOME THAT QUIT OR TAPER QUICKLY GO ON TO EXPERIENCE WITHDRAWAL FOR UP TO TWO YEARS LATER.

IF YOU ARE TAKING OFF 20 MG OF LEXAPRO...........TAPERING TO 18mg WOULD BE 10%. REMAIN AT THAT DOSE TILL YOU FEEL STABLE. THIS TAKES MOST PEOPLE ABOUT THREE TO FOUR WEEKS. THEN YOU CAN TAPER AGAIN. THE NEXT TAPER WOULD BE FROM 18 MG TO 16.2mg. (THIS IS WHERE THE LIQUID IS VITAL).

YES YOU WILL ALWAYS EXPERIENCE SOME WITHDRAWAL BUT AT THIS LOW TAPER THEY WILL BE BEARABLE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...............YOUR NEUROTRANSMITTERS IN YOUR BRAIN ARE ABLE TO READJUST TO NOT HAVING IT'S RECEPTORS SOAKED IN THE SEROTONIN. (ALL SSRI'S ARE SEROTONIN REUPTAKE DRUGS).YOUR NEUROTRANSMITTERS NEED TO READUST TO LESS SEROTONIN AT THE RECEPTORS TO SOAK IN.

THIS INFORMATION IS ALREADY POSTED IN THE PAGES BUT I REPEATED IT FOR NEWCOMERS.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND PRAYERS FOR A SMOOTH SURGERY FOR TORN MINISCUS IN BOTH KNEES). I WILL TRY A POST AS MUCH AS I CAN.

FOR BLOOD SUGAR ISSUES, I SUGGEST EVERYONE BUY BAGS OF WALNUTS WITHOUT THE SHELLS. EVERY TWO HOURS THRU OUT THE DAY EAT TWO HANDFULS OF THE WALNUTS. ALSO DO THIS JUST PRIOR TO BED BEFORE YOUR BRUSH YOUR TEETH. THE WALNUTS ARE THE BEST FOOD FOR KEEPING YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS BALANCED ALL DAY LONG AND THRU THE NIGHT.

MANY WAKE UP ABOUT 3 OR 4 AM DUE TO THE LOW BLOOD SUGAR ISSUE AND HAVE ANXIETY. THE WALNUTS WILL HELP THAT...IT IS AMAZING. TRY A COUPLE OF HANDFULS OF WANUTS ANOUT 8 TO 10 TIMES A DAY...........YOU WILL FEEL LESS DIZZINESS AND LESS ANXIETY..............BECAUSE YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS WILL BE BALANCED.

SOME OF THE LEXAPRO WITHDRAWALERS HAVE BOUGHT A DIABETES BLOOD MONITOR AT THE DRUG STORE AND CHECKED THEIR BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS THROUT THE DAY. IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL EASILY SEE HOW THE GLUCOSE LEVELS WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE. YOU WANT TO LEVEL OUT THE LOWS WHICH IS WHAT IS CAUSING THE "WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS". WALNUTS ARE GREAT BECAUSE THEY ARE RELLEASED SLOW IN YOU BODY AND DO NOT CAUSE THE PEAKS THAT A CANDY BAR OR COOKIE OR CARB WOULD CAUSE. WALNUTS ARE HEALTHY AND CONTAIN HELATHY FATS.

SORRY SOME ARE FRUSTRATED ABOUT NOT GETTING MORE INFORMATIVE POSTS. WITH MY CURRENT HEATH ISSUES...............I DO NOT HAVE AS MUCH TIME TO POST........... DUE TO THE TORN CARTILAGE IN BOTH KNEES I AM UNABLE TO WALK.................TRY AND IMAGINE DOING EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES AND BEING UNABLE TO BEND EITHER KNEE DUE TO SWELLING AND PAIN .........IT IS VERY CHALLENGING TO SAY THE LEAST.........SOMETIMES FRUSTRATING. tHE WORST PART IS THAT IT MAY TAKE AND HOUR TO DO SOMETHING THAT NORMALLY WOULD TAKE 15 MINUTS.

GOTTA RUN (ACTUALLY HOBBLE BECAUSE OF MY KNEES) AND GET MY DAUGHTER BREADFAST.

WILL CHECK IN SOON.
    AUNTY

auntybiotic -

So sorry to hear of your knee probs!! My father just had double knee replacement, so I can see how tough it is to do the smallest of tasks!!! Good Luck on a speedy recovery! Thoughts and Prayers are with you....

Thank you for such an informative post.. I'm heading out to get some walnuts! haha! I usually snack on almonds, but I'll try the walnuts now.. Since I am already in stage 2 of adrenal fatigue and my cortisol and hormone levels are all out of whack, once I am off the lexapro completely, is it likely all this will even out eventually??

Aunty, thanks so much! I've been dealing with this for so long I feel like I am just DONE. The side effects are dwindling and I'm doing a cleanse to help.

I tore my miniscus 2 years ago and had surgery to fix it, yuck. I'll send my prayers as well.

Denise

Brewer was here