Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sjan17
DLPA, 1000mgs (D-phenylalanine)
    sjan17 is offline Member

Default DLPA, 1000mgs (D-phenylalanine)

I know I read on here somewhere that getting the D-phen (have to special order and I did), works better for pain than the L-phenylalanine. Can someone advise if it really helps with pain and how to take it. They are the biggest horse pills I've ever seen! One is 1000mgs - is there a good time to take it? how often and how much is a good amount? I'm trying to find anything natural for my upper back pain. 3 Alleves help, but thought I'd try this amino acid too as it was highly recommended. I forget who suggested it. Anyone who knows about supplements, I would really like some advice. Thank you.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjan17 View Post
    I know I read on here somewhere that getting the D-phen (have to special order and I did), works better for pain than the L-phenylalanine. Can someone advise if it really helps with pain and how to take it. They are the biggest horse pills I've ever seen! One is 1000mgs - is there a good time to take it? how often and how much is a good amount? I'm trying to find anything natural for my upper back pain. 3 Alleves help, but thought I'd try this amino acid too as it was highly recommended. I forget who suggested it. Anyone who knows about supplements, I would really like some advice. Thank you.
    sjan ..... I was most likely the person you are speaking of concerning the D-Phenylalanine. I have recommended it to some others here and I have used this natural supplement for quite some time now with outstanding results! Hopefully it will work for you as well. The D-Phen certainly works better than the L-Phen, DL-Phen, and the DLPA variety. They all provide SOME pain relieving quality, but the D-Phenylalanine is the best of them all for strickly pain relief in my opinion.

Mine were in 500mg capsules of 60 per bottle for about $25.00 each. I now have my local health food store order it and keep it in stock for me. It is suggested on the bottle to take 1 or 2 capsules per day as needed. I take it first thing in the morning and later in the afternoon. After it had gotten in my system I did not need to take it every day. It works great for pain control as it stimulates your natural endorphins even more. They are a natural amino acid. But you should definitely check with your doctor before starting any vitamin or supplement regimen of your own just to be safe it is ok for you to use safely!

I really hope that they work as well for you as they do for me. I really swear by them and recommend them to my friends and family. I wish you the very best and if I can be of further help please let me know. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny

p.s. if yours are of 1000mg variety them maybe you can cut them in half to make taking them easier!

sjan17 is offline Member

Default I'm really struggling

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    sjan ..... I was most likely the person you are speaking of concerning the D-Phenylalanine. I have recommended it to some others here and I have used this natural supplement for quite some time now with outstanding results! Hopefully it will work for you as well. The D-Phen certainly works better than the L-Phen, DL-Phen, and the DLPA variety. They all provide SOME pain relieving quality, but the D-Phenylalanine is the best of them all for strickly pain relief in my opinion.

Mine were in 500mg capsules of 60 per bottle for about $25.00 each. I now have my local health food store order it and keep it in stock for me. It is suggested on the bottle to take 1 or 2 capsules per day as needed. I take it first thing in the morning and later in the afternoon. After it had gotten in my system I did not need to take it every day. It works great for pain control as it stimulates your natural endorphins even more. They are a natural amino acid. But you should definitely check with your doctor before starting any vitamin or supplement regimen of your own just to be safe it is ok for you to use safely!

I really hope that they work as well for you as they do for me. I really swear by them and recommend them to my friends and family. I wish you the very best and if I can be of further help please let me know. Hope this helps. God Bless.....Denny

p.s. if yours are of 1000mg variety them maybe you can cut them in half to make taking them easier!
    I asked for D-phen from whole foods and when I went to pick it up, the bottle said DLPA. Anyway, it's been a week and it hasn't helped. I've been just taking 1000 mg a day. There is no way to break it up and it's horse pill or capsule. After this is gone, I will make sure I order the D-Phen specifically. Thank you though for replying, I appreciate it very much. I'm not doing well at all. I'm going to start another thread though so more folks can see it and perhaps i'll get some good advice so if you're interested, look for it, titled "struggling with pain and tapering big time". Are you sub free Denny? Maybe you can help after reading. I've got to get it out though, I'm a wreck.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjan17 View Post
    I asked for D-phen from whole foods and when I went to pick it up, the bottle said DLPA. Anyway, it's been a week and it hasn't helped. I've been just taking 1000 mg a day. There is no way to break it up and it's horse pill or capsule. After this is gone, I will make sure I order the D-Phen specifically. Thank you though for replying, I appreciate it very much. I'm not doing well at all. I'm going to start another thread though so more folks can see it and perhaps I'll get some good advice so if you're interested, look for it, titled "struggling with pain and tapering big time". Are you sub free Denny? Maybe you can help after reading. I've got to get it out though, I'm a wreck.
    Yes I am Sub free! I am Narcotic free coming up on 1 year in 2 weeks, and Sub free coming up on 8 months soon. I am so sorry that you are struggling. The D-Phen by itself is fairly new in the States. Most vitamin stores if you ask for it will try to sell you just what they did you with the DLPA thinking that it is the same thing. Sorry that happened to you. You have to insist that they get you the D-Phenylalanine alone. I know that it can be bought from Amazon.com and other internet sites as well. I went to my local health food store and had them order it for me specifically and now they keep it in stock.

It is NOT a cure-all magical supplement that works 100% for all types of pain, but in most cases it will provide some relief. As you know everyone is different and what works for others may not work the same for you. It is really trial and error just like anything else. For the price it is certainly worth the chance to try it in my opinion. For me personally with years and years of chronic pain from 25 knee surgeries, it really does work wonders! I had several of my doctors recommend it to me. I did try the DLPA, L-Phen, and the DL-Phen and they provided no where near the relief that the D-Phen did. The brand name that I get is called "Doctor's Best" and like I said comes in 500mg capsules with 60 per bottle and I get it for about $25.00 per bottle.

I'll take a look at your new thread and if I can be of additional help then I will post. I again wish you the very best and hope your troubles are solved real soon. God Bless.....Denny

sjan17 is offline Member

Default Thanks Denny_D

Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Yes I am Sub free! I am Narcotic free coming up on 1 year in 2 weeks, and Sub free coming up on 8 months soon. I am so sorry that you are struggling. The D-Phen by itself is fairly new in the States. Most vitamin stores if you ask for it will try to sell you just what they did you with the DLPA thinking that it is the same thing. Sorry that happened to you. You have to insist that they get you the D-Phenylalanine alone. I know that it can be bought from Amazon.com and other internet sites as well. I went to my local health food store and had them order it for me specifically and now they keep it in stock.

It is NOT a cure-all magical supplement that works 100% for all types of pain, but in most cases it will provide some relief. As you know everyone is different and what works for others may not work the same for you. It is really trial and error just like anything else. For the price it is certainly worth the chance to try it in my opinion. For me personally with years and years of chronic pain from 25 knee surgeries, it really does work wonders! I had several of my doctors recommend it to me. I did try the DLPA, L-Phen, and the DL-Phen and they provided no where near the relief that the D-Phen did. The brand name that I get is called "Doctor's Best" and like I said comes in 500mg capsules with 60 per bottle and I get it for about $25.00 per bottle.

I'll take a look at your new thread and if I can be of additional help then I will post. I again wish you the very best and hope your troubles are solved real soon. God Bless.....Denny
    Yes, I agree, it is worth it. Trust me when I say I've tried everything natural it seems. I even ordered the Naploea drink that's suppose to take away your inflammation...I was hoping for a little pain relief, but no difference after a month. Anyway, after reading that there is a huge difference on the D-phen vs L-Phen and DLPA from you, I will definitely try it. Thank you for sharing the brand too. I am willing to try anything natural for my back pain and determined to find a remedy. I'm even calling the massage institute to see if maybe I can be a case study. Anyway....thank you Denny for your advice on this supplement and GOOD FOR YOU for being drug free. Again, so many kind people on this forum...first time I've ever participated in one. Just a beautiful thing to come on here to lend a helping hand and give back. I hope to do the same after my day of victory arrives. Thank you so much.

fedupnow is offline Member

hey sjan17, I ordered the D-phen from ebay a few days ago so should be here next week sometime, called doctor's best d-phen 500mg..

just thought i would throw it out there for you

sjan17 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by fedupnow View Post
    hey sjan17, I ordered the D-phen from ebay a few days ago so should be here next week sometime, called doctor's best d-phen 500mg..

just thought i would throw it out there for you
    I'm getting ready to order it too. I thought you didn't have pain? I guess for W/D pain - huh? How are you doing?

I ran around all day and kept busy and have just had the .5 all day. I'm starting to feel ?????? again...few hotflash and here comes the pain in the neck/back and I even got a 30minute chair massage. The massage person always freaks out how tight it is, says it feels like scar tissue, just don't know how it got there. Oh well, I am for sure not giving up. I plan on calling a osteopath dr on Monday. I took the .5 last night a bit late and it really kept me up so I think I'll just take .25 now. I really want to reduce so I can to where you are. I know you know that feeling all too well. You have got to be feeling so good where you are as you're so close to being normal again. What a celebration after this nightmare. I hope you are starting to feel better my friend.
    fedupnow likes this.

fedupnow is offline Member

well i ordered it for withdrawals, hoping it will help but i may not even need it. I guess I'm just over prepared for all this and want it done! I'm actually feeling just ok today, still a bit restless and agitated but nothing crazy yet. I'm happy with where I'm at and can't wait to wake up withdrawal free, or at least 90% lol..

Stick with your progress, you will see this through soon! Hopefully this D-phen will help you out!