Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 93
Like Tree8Likes
Oxycontin and urine tests?
  1. #1
    FRANKENST13N is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    1

    Default Oxycontin and urine tests?

    How long does oxycontin generally stay in your system? If I took some on sunday afternoon, will it show up in my urine test thursday?
    wandering1383 likes this.

  2. #2
    KlOnoPin is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    80

    Default

    It all depends upon how often you take Oxycontin or Oxycodone. If you just tried your first time,normal results would say it's out of your urine within 2-4 days,depending upon the dosage and the size,weight of the person. For people prescribed Oxycontin daily,esp. in high milligram amounts,or abusers,the drug would be present from 6 days up to 2 weeks.There is a really good link to a site that shows you each drug,and the time it takes to filter out of your system. I don't have it or remember it, but if you search this forum for other posts about drug testing with narcotics you will find it. G/L

  3. #3
    The Hunter is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Eat a lot of Poppy seed foods, like the muffins, bagels, etc. if you have to pass a urine test. The seeds have been proven to cause a P test to come up dirty, and if a PO is decent at all, the poppy story will work as long as they are up to date on new discoveries. Warning: I personally have not tried this, nor do i advise it. I am not an expert by any means. My suggestion is an opinion only. Most P tests cannot decern one type of opiate from another, so if in an emergency, i would try the poppy seed theory

    Loyal Au Mort
    (Faithful unto death)

  4. #4
    Stallion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    .
    Posts
    699

    Default

    You shouldn't need to eat poppy seeds or anything else, as most standard drug tests to not test for oxy in their opiate battery. The NIDA 5 standard drug screen, which is the most common pre-employmend screen used, tests for morphine as it's opiate and this will discern use of morphine, codeine or >>>>>>. However, oxy is not metabolised into morphine, and as a result will not trigger a test for morphine. The poppy seeds suggested by another poster would, but these results would be different than oxy, and an advanced drug screen looking specificlly for oxy would not be fooled by poppy seeds. Find out what kind of screen you will have to pass. If It's NIDA 5 (most are) you have nothing to worry about. if it is extended, you have 2-5 days of it in your system after a single use, over a week after continued use. Look at www.erowid.com 's drug testing vaults for more info on various drug screens, detection times and false positives.

    Information = Freedom

  5. #5
    ChronicalBlaze is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    16

    Default

    [ deleted - inaccurate ]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-18-2012 at 04:32 PM.

  6. #6
    Stallion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    .
    Posts
    699

    Default

    [deleted - obscene]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-01-2010 at 05:38 AM.

  7. #7
    ksantellen88 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default Oxy

    How long does oxy stay in the blood stream? Is it the same as urine?
    RSWENTO likes this.

  8. #8
    Cats Meow is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,308

    Default

    No, that's different, while it's in your "blood stream" is the amount of time you'll feel the drug. Oxy is metabolized in the liver, and it normally takes 4-5 days, the amount of time detected in urine to be eliminated.

  9. #9
    mlm112 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default Oxycontin detection time when snorted

    I am testing my daughter for oxycontin but she is away on vacation until Tuesday. I know the detection times for oxycontin if it is taken orally, but I know she uses it by crushing the pills and snorting them so that the time release no longer works and she gets all the drug at once. I'm thinking that this will go through the system quicker and she could easily do some of the drug today (Friday) and then be clean when she gets the test on Tuesday. I know she was clean before that as well, so there won't be the build-up that regular users have.

    Please let me know if snorting with no time release will make the detection time of oxycontin any shorter.

    Thank you.

  10. #10
    krista1977 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Just a question....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    You shouldn't need to eat poppy seeds or anything else, as most standard drug tests to not test for oxy in their opiate battery. The NIDA 5 standard drug screen, which is the most common pre-employmend screen used, tests for morphine as it's opiate and this will discern use of morphine, codeine or >>>>>>. However, oxy is not metabolised into morphine, and as a result will not trigger a test for morphine. The poppy seeds suggested by another poster would, but these results would be different than oxy, and an advanced drug screen looking specificlly for oxy would not be fooled by poppy seeds. Find out what kind of screen you will have to pass. If It's NIDA 5 (most are) you have nothing to worry about. if it is extended, you have 2-5 days of it in your system after a single use, over a week after continued use. Look at www.erowid.com 's drug testing vaults for more info on various drug screens, detection times and false positives.

    Information = Freedom



    Hi. You seemed well informed Stallion. I have also frequented Erowid.com as well as Craigmedical and their drug faqs section. You say in your post that Oxycontin lasts 2-5 days, and in another post you say 2-4 days. I'm just wondering, do you know which one it is? Some sites say 2-3 days, and some sites say 3-4 days. I used one 40 mg tablet on Saturday and I have a drug urine test on Thursday. You see in my case, the one day makes all the difference. I just wanted to know what you think?

  11. #11
    Cats Meow is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,308

    Default

    Krista, it depends, like how frequent a user is, if the drug is an IR or CR, and different people metabolize drugs faster then others. I know Erowid says 3-4 days, and other sites say 4-5, I usually answer and say 5 days, just to be safe, plus it's generally how long it takes to w/d from Oxycodone.
    So you took an Oxy on Sat, they last approx 12 hours, that gives you about four days, so you're pushing it. Let us know if you test positive. And you know it depends on the number of panels, if the test is for employment chances are they're cheap and will go with a 5 panel, just checking for illicit street drugs, even if you take a 10 panel chances are still good they won't test for oxy, some people claim oxy isn't included in a 10 panel, but that may vary by mfr.
    Good luck to you.
    Cats

  12. #12
    krista1977 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Does IR make any difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    Krista, it depends, like how frequent a user is, if the drug is an IR or CR, and different people metabolize drugs faster then others. I know Erowid says 3-4 days, and other sites say 4-5, I usually answer and say 5 days, just to be safe, plus it's generally how long it takes to w/d from Oxycodone.
    So you took an Oxy on Sat, they last approx 12 hours, that gives you about four days, so you're pushing it. Let us know if you test positive. And you know it depends on the number of panels, if the test is for employment chances are they're cheap and will go with a 5 panel, just checking for illicit street drugs, even if you take a 10 panel chances are still good they won't test for oxy, some people claim oxy isn't included in a 10 panel, but that may vary by mfr.
    Good luck to you.

    Hi, thanks for answering. I know I am definitely pushing it. You see, I am on methadone, and so for me, they absolutely screen for oxy. You say IR , do you mean instant release because that's what it was? It was an instant release tablet. Does that give me better chances?

    I don't use very often, and actually there really is no point using when you are on methadone because it blocks your opiate receptors. I haven't used in a very long time, and I just have to say that because alot of people on this site will say just don't use, etc.... However, I was visiting my mother who has a storage of oxycontin at her house, and it is very hard to be there and not to get tempted, being that oxycontin was my drug of choice and why I had to go on methadone. I know that I will be stronger next time I go there, because I am so worried about my urine test that I realized it just is NOT worth it at all, especially since I can hardly feel it anyways. I have all my methadone carries, and I don't want to lose any and that is what I am facing.

    So thanks for anwering, and let me know if it makes a difference if it is instant relase. Bye.
    Cats


    I find this website very informative and I appreciate the well informed answers versus the judgemental and bigoted ones.

  13. #13
    Cats Meow is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,308

    Default

    You're welcome, that's what this site is all about.

  14. #14
    krista1977 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Any info about the immediate release oxycontin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    You're welcome, that's what this site is all about.
    Hi Cats Meow, interesting name! You seem very well informed and respectful as well. Thank you so much for taking the time to give me a response. Just wondering after reading my response to your response, do you have any further info to add, for instance, if immediate relase or instant release oxycontin (sorry, I forget the actual correct name for these pills, but I think you get my drift) leave the urine faster and if I will have a better chance to pass my urine test?

    I know it's such a shallow topic, and I feel quite juvenile asking this type of question (OMG...am I going to pass my piss test..LOL) you know, but I had my urine screen today (Thursday, Sept 3rd, at about 3:00 pm) and that gave me 4 full days , as well as quite a good chunk out of today, so I am really hoping for the best. Plus I drank alot alot during the 4 days, I peed at least 40 times, if you can believe it! I know drinking alot of water is no guarantee, and I do not mean to solicit that type of information here, saying that drinking tons of water will ABSOLUTELY eliminate evidence of using, because it ABSOLUTELY will not, however, I may just be superstitious, but I feel that it could give me better chances. ANd I am hoping to hear back from someone about the immediate release tablets, but I think common sense dictates that they should eliminate the system and the urine faster.

    Anyways, Meow and anyone else who read, thanks for any help, and all I can say is that I definitely learned my lesson. I'm on methadone for a reason, and I should remember that reason every time I am triggered to use (which has not been often). But like I said in one of my posts, using one oxycontin 40mg tablet was not worth the 4 full days of hell,worrying obsessively and searching the internet for anwsers. I think I might have got away with it, but that is not the point. On the other side of it, I might not have. I will not find out until I see my methadone doctor on September 17, but I will absolutely let everyone know on this site. And I know that if I do go to my mothers house again, I will be able to push those temptations away...it is NOT worth it!! And for anyone out there who is thinking of trying oxys for fun, or has been dabbling with them, all I can say is that all of my friends and acquaintances who were once telling me they were dabbling with percocets or oxys, a few months down the road were on methadone. And methadone is a heavy duty substance, you don't want to be on it unless you absolutely have to, like me, I absolutely couldn't stop my oxy use. It is the method of last resort, for people that even rehab couldn't help. Please spare yourself. I know when I was young, I didn't listen to the words of wisdom from older friends and family...I had to try everything for myself. And some kids today will be the same as I was. All I can say is that I hope some of you can listen to the words of your elders when they say some things are just not worth trying .... CRACK is not something a person should even EVER try, OXYCONTIN is another....what I am saying is that there is a very small, very very small percentage of people that can actually try these substances, and never do them again, or control their use of them, especially from what I've seen with oxys. Most people don't even realize how bad their addiction is until their pawning off their most prized possessions, and even then they don't realize because their mind is obsessed with getting the next hit.

    So please listen to your parents kids, listen to the schools, watch the informative drug shows. You don't want to end up on methadone, sure you can get off of it one day, but it is a looooong process if done properly, and you have to piss in front of someone once a week for the duration of your methadone treatment. I am pro-methadone, but this is still the truth of it, you don't want to be on it.

    Sorry to everyone who is reading.....I really didn't mean for this to sound like a public education commercial, but it ended up that way. I geuss I'm just very passionate about certain things,and drug addiction, something that in hindsight is SOOOOO preventable, is something I'm very passionate about, NOT having a drug addiction, preventing kids from having one....LOL.

  15. #15
    limestone88 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default oc drug tests

    Oxycontin will not show up on a standard drug test for opiates they have to test for oxycodone specifically! if you are taking a normal 5 panel instant drug test you will be fine because on those tests they test for morphine in your system which is what >>>>>>,codeine,and morphine break down to, But oxycodone breaks down to something different! I take oxy's on a regular basis and I get piss tests every week and I have never failed a test. It wouldnt mattered if I did because I am prescribed them but yeah they have to test specifically for oxycodone in order for it to show up!

  16. #16
    limestone88 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I respect what you said alot and it is all very very true! I got a quick question for you have you tried or thought about getting on suboxone instead of methadone I have heard that is a way better route? However it is hard to find a doctor because the ones who can prescribe suboxone can only have like 30 patients at a time at least that is how it is around where I live. I am sure you have heard of it and I have always wanted to hear someones opinion on the 2? Anyways like I said you said some real sh*t and hopefully people will take it into consideration cuz it is a evil drug for sure! grab you by the balls quick!!!

  17. #17
    Anonymous Guest

    Default limestone88 fyi

    hey limestone.
    ive done methadone, tried to count off, failed a few times. right now i am counting of subs, and have found it a lot easier. with no desire to use anything else,
    what you have heard is correct, for me anyway, they are a lot better.
    apparently the sooner you get off the better for you, so ive got down to 1.5mg, over 3 months, so far so good.
    i have also friends on methadone, and they are realizing that there is a way out of methadone addiction.
    its a nasty habit alright, i needed it at the time. and all at the same time it was both the best thing i could do for myself, and the worst.
    so far i think subs are by far the better route.
    hope this gives you a bit of info.
    oh and they say to be careful because a lot of sub doctors, give you far too much, its quite a powerful drug, but you dont get the same euphoria or sedation as meth.
    but you have pinprick eyes and are obviously not withdrawing.

    there you go. one persons humble opinion anyway.

  18. #18
    krista1977 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default response to question about suboxone

    Hi there. Just to let everyone know, I did pass my urine test, so the oxycontin 40 mg immediate release was out of my body in 4 days. As for your question to me about trying suboxone, I have heard it is a lot better as well. I am in Canada, and for whatever reason, the docs don't seem to be pushing it here. HOwever, I am weaning off of my methadone very slowly and that seems to be working really great. I have no doubt that I will be able to successfully get completely off of it, not without some pain and discomfort.

  19. #19
    krista1977 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default By the way

    By the way, thank you Limestone for your compliments on my little speech!! I mean it's so true, drug addiction is the one ailment or disease (if you believe in that model, as drug addiction as a disease...NO COMMENT.LOL) that is soooo preventable. We just gotta get people to stop trying them!!! After all , it's not that they feel bad is it?

  20. #20
    Cats Meow is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,308

    Default

    Hi Krista, congrats on passing your piss test, however, how do you know the Oxy was out of your system, or if it was even tested for?

  21. #21
    diamez is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I jumped off 85mls of methodone in 5 days with xanax of 5 in the morning and 5 at night.
    All comfort and iam not on anything now with the hurdle of withdrawal on Methodone gone?
    It works...

  22. #22
    Cats Meow is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,308

    Default

    It looks like you got banned, so there's no reason to answer, but normally the answer is no, it takes about that long for the half-life to wear off, then the trouble begins.

  23. #23
    43315 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limestone88 View Post
    I respect what you said alot and it is all very very true! I got a quick question for you have you tried or thought about getting on suboxone instead of methadone I have heard that is a way better route? However it is hard to find a doctor because the ones who can prescribe suboxone can only have like 30 patients at a time at least that is how it is around where I live. I am sure you have heard of it and I have always wanted to hear someones opinion on the 2? Anyways like I said you said some real sh*t and hopefully people will take it into consideration cuz it is a evil drug for sure! grab you by the balls quick!!!
    I had a BIG problem with codeine, Suboxone helped me save my life. Its well worth hunting a Dr who can work with you. I had very little trouble getting of of the suboxone in the end. Been almost three years now. Good luck.

  24. #24
    Crash_test_dummy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limestone88 View Post
    Oxycontin will not show up on a standard drug test for opiates they have to test for oxycodone specifically! if you are taking a normal 5 panel instant drug test you will be fine because on those tests they test for morphine in your system which is what >>>>>>,codeine,and morphine break down to, But oxycodone breaks down to something different! I take oxy's on a regular basis and I get piss tests every week and I have never failed a test. It wouldnt mattered if I did because I am prescribed them but yeah they have to test specifically for oxycodone in order for it to show up!
    Limestone - Does the company that does your tests know you have the prescription for Oxy? I don't have a prescription anymore ( expired ), but I have a few left and occasionally need to take one to knock the pain back. I'm afraid it might jump up and bite me in the butt.

  25. #25
    EricaMarie is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krista1977 View Post
    Hi Cats Meow, interesting name! You seem very well informed and respectful as well. Thank you so much for taking the time to give me a response. Just wondering after reading my response to your response, do you have any further info to add, for instance, if immediate relase or instant release oxycontin (sorry, I forget the actual correct name for these pills, but I think you get my drift) leave the urine faster and if I will have a better chance to pass my urine test?

    I know it's such a shallow topic, and I feel quite juvenile asking this type of question (OMG...am I going to pass my piss test..LOL) you know, but I had my urine screen today (Thursday, Sept 3rd, at about 3:00 pm) and that gave me 4 full days , as well as quite a good chunk out of today, so I am really hoping for the best. Plus I drank alot alot during the 4 days, I peed at least 40 times, if you can believe it! I know drinking alot of water is no guarantee, and I do not mean to solicit that type of information here, saying that drinking tons of water will ABSOLUTELY eliminate evidence of using, because it ABSOLUTELY will not, however, I may just be superstitious, but I feel that it could give me better chances. ANd I am hoping to hear back from someone about the immediate release tablets, but I think common sense dictates that they should eliminate the system and the urine faster.

    Anyways, Meow and anyone else who read, thanks for any help, and all I can say is that I definitely learned my lesson. I'm on methadone for a reason, and I should remember that reason every time I am triggered to use (which has not been often). But like I said in one of my posts, using one oxycontin 40mg tablet was not worth the 4 full days of hell,worrying obsessively and searching the internet for anwsers. I think I might have got away with it, but that is not the point. On the other side of it, I might not have. I will not find out until I see my methadone doctor on September 17, but I will absolutely let everyone know on this site. And I know that if I do go to my mothers house again, I will be able to push those temptations away...it is NOT worth it!! And for anyone out there who is thinking of trying oxys for fun, or has been dabbling with them, all I can say is that all of my friends and acquaintances who were once telling me they were dabbling with percocets or oxys, a few months down the road were on methadone. And methadone is a heavy duty substance, you don't want to be on it unless you absolutely have to, like me, I absolutely couldn't stop my oxy use. It is the method of last resort, for people that even rehab couldn't help. Please spare yourself. I know when I was young, I didn't listen to the words of wisdom from older friends and family...I had to try everything for myself. And some kids today will be the same as I was. All I can say is that I hope some of you can listen to the words of your elders when they say some things are just not worth trying .... CRACK is not something a person should even EVER try, OXYCONTIN is another....what I am saying is that there is a very small, very very small percentage of people that can actually try these substances, and never do them again, or control their use of them, especially from what I've seen with oxys. Most people don't even realize how bad their addiction is until their pawning off their most prized possessions, and even then they don't realize because their mind is obsessed with getting the next hit.

    So please listen to your parents kids, listen to the schools, watch the informative drug shows. You don't want to end up on methadone, sure you can get off of it one day, but it is a looooong process if done properly, and you have to piss in front of someone once a week for the duration of your methadone treatment. I am pro-methadone, but this is still the truth of it, you don't want to be on it.

    Sorry to everyone who is reading.....I really didn't mean for this to sound like a public education commercial, but it ended up that way. I geuss I'm just very passionate about certain things,and drug addiction, something that in hindsight is SOOOOO preventable, is something I'm very passionate about, NOT having a drug addiction, preventing kids from having one....LOL.
    Hi Krista. I too am on 100mg methadone and go to a clinci nearby. Like you, oxy's were my doc and evil, ugh. I was just wondering, how much methadone do you take? Reason I ask is because it completely blocks any other opiates. Did you even "feel" that 40mg oxy? I'd have to think no way. It's a waste. I remember after I started the clinic, still falling week to the oxy's and would end up buying one. Then after I would do it I'd be so damn mad at myself b/c I didn't feel A THING from it!! Wasted my money. Defeated my purpose in trying to do better with my addiction. And I too would then fret and worry about my urine screens at the clinic. I'm just curious, I felt we were alot alike but if my questions are too intrusive then i apologize. Merry Christmas!!

  26. #26
    RugbyGUY08 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Help please

    My Brother has been addicted to oxycontin for over 2 years now, he is taking suboxins for the past week and my parents finally listened to me about knowing that he is using. However, i just got a phone call saying that he is still using the drug with his friend. I am wondering how long after he doesnt use, does he go through his withdrawals, and if the suboxins take that away, or do they just make him sick if he does use. i was also thinking about random drug testing him for it, so again am wondering how long it will be in his system if he is smoking the OC. And also where i could pick up a piss test that would detect that. thank you for your time and help

  27. #27
    doc.rose is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    I don't know the answer to your question, but someone on here will. So, give someone a chance to see your post. I would thing you can get the urine test strips from a pharmacy.

  28. #28
    Cats Meow is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,308

    Default Rugby...

    He needs to be in full w/d before induction into Sub, Google COWS worksheet, at least a good 2-3 days, induction is complicated, I don't remember exactly (search Robert's posts), but I think you start at 4mg then take an additional 1 mg every hour until you stabilize, taking too much screws you up, you don't take it to feel high or good, only to relieve w/d's. You get stable then you start titrating down (after a number of days). If he takes the Sub while not in w/d I think it'll throw him in to precipitated w/d, I am not an expert in Sub, this is general info to get you buy until you talk or learn exactly from someone who does, but I think I'm right on everything here. OC is in his system for 4-5 days, if you look for a drug test be sure it checks for Oxycodone, not all tests do, it takes a 12 panel to test for Oxycodone, the one Craig Medical sells anyway, if it says opiates or opioids that doesn't mean specifically oxycodone, it needs to spell it out.
    You should read the Suboxone sticky in the "Featured Conditions" Forum.
    Cats

  29. #29
    littleisaac37 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Ive been reading this for a while now,and it now applies to me,i just now took the steps to get onto a methadone clinic today actually,i took a piss test and im hoping that it came up poisitive for opiates or i can get on program. i take atleast 1-2 oc80's everyday,its getting so out of hand now i cant wait to get off this ********.

  30. #30
    doc.rose is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littleisaac37 View Post
    Ive been reading this for a while now,and it now applies to me,i just now took the steps to get onto a methadone clinic today actually,i took a piss test and im hoping that it came up poisitive for opiates or i can get on program. i take atleast 1-2 oc80's everyday,its getting so out of hand now i cant wait to get off this ********.
    Hi littlisaac! Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on wanting to get sober. Let us know how we can support you. POst as much as you need to. And let me give you a little advice, DO NOT curse on the forum!! It will get you banned. Take care!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22